Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16
#1584218 09/08/08 06:24 AM
S
smith18 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
After 11 months from the bomb, I have finally graduated out of Newcomers!

I name this one for the Toby Keith song:

http://www.cmt.com/videos/toby-keith/86488/a-little-too-late.jhtml

I have built my brick wall to reconciliation with the STBXW and it aint coming down. She is meeting with her L tomorrow to hopefully come up with an offer to be sent over to my L this week. I know that her and OM are building a new big home so they better be reasonable on her demands for support otherwise my L may want to proceed to the court date.

Around a month ago, I met a nice 41 year old lady who has a 6 year old daughter. We have had a few dates and met several times at parks/playgrounds with the kids. She seems to have a stong attitude towards commitment in marriage even though she was the one to file in her divorce (just as I did). Her ex was a WAH that gave up even when she was pregnant - he sounds like an ass. So far, we are just friends and I dont want to be in a rush for anything now. I am focused on the kids getting started in school just as she is with her daughter.

Here is a list of all my prior threads:

1. WAW - We are in a "Hang Loose" mode for now
  2. I am hopeful and will ride this out
  3. If you love them, set them free...
  4. Cadillac - Good car to drive after a war
  5. One Piece at a Time
  6. Molon labe / Never Surrender / NUTS!
  7. Go Beavers!
  8. Alimony is like buying oats for a dead horse!
  9. Tomorrow is the most important thing in life
  10. Do Your Best

L
L
It's about time you join us. And I'll take a whiskey sour! \:\)

Divorced: 10/26/08
lodo #1584229 09/08/08 06:42 AM
S
smith18 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I dont drink alcohol, but I can make a pretty good non-alcoholic mint julep for ya - just like in Disney Land! And I have mint growing and flowering in my garden like a weed.

E
E
Kerry, good to have you over here. I know all about the wall brother. Mine's up and I'm stacking more blocks.

K
K
Hi Kerry,
Just making sure you know I am around.
K

PS Trojan Horse rings a bell to anyone?

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
J
J
Hey Kerry,
I am happy I found you in your new spot. I was looking to get a little dose of M this morning.....
I would love some of that mint that grows like a weed for Mojitos.

Welcome Kerry!

Are you a Disney Fan like me? I'll take the Mint Julep please - I don't drink at 9 am and not much later in the day either.

You sound like you have moved to the right place. Your wife will not likely look back for a long, long time. Her head will be wrapped up in OM and their new life. It is nice to see that you are moving forward and congrats on meeting someone special.

You are a wise man to put your focus on your children right now - the most important thing in one's life for sure. Take your time in all you do - you have been to Hell and back and so have the kids. There is no rush now. Every day will be easier for you if you keep your glass half full.

Best wishes,

Barb

WELCOME ABOARD KERRY!

I always say that this is where the healing begins. We have a really good group and everyone here is more than happy to help you with your journey. So fire away...what'll it be? Kid questions? Dating questions? Divorce questions? What should I offer Bethie to drink?

Whatever.....Mike usually just leaves me a cooler full of beer if that's any help!

Bethie

G
G
Usually, I'm sorry to see people move here. In your case, it seems like you are here by choice, not by default. You've always handled your situation impressively well and with your priorities straight. I'm sure that will continue. Hang tough!

Me45 W35 M6 T8
D16 SD11 D0
Dec 07: Bomb
July 08: Busted!
Thread
Welcome, Kerry!!!

Actually, none of us drink alcohol here, except for Beth.......... ;\)

This is my favorite forum because it's where I've been happiest!! No more drama, anger (well occasionally), BS, etc.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard