Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
OP Offline
R
So, my H has been gone for almost three months. The first two months, I would take pictures off the shelf and cry like a baby for a minute or two.

Now that I'm beautifully detached ;\) , other pictures are starting to bother me. I've turned over frames, moved them to the backs of others. I've put away (angerly) the pictures that I would cling to in the first two months.

So, tell me what you are all doing because I'm seriously contemplating taking down the huge 16 x 20 wedding picture in my living room. Maybe I should wait till after he moves the rest of his stuff out? Maybe I want him to see that I've taken it down.

I fear that if I take it down, it means I'm not standing for our marriage. But, at times, it just hurts to look at it or as I'm walking through the room, I have to purposely NOT look at it as my eyes are always drawn to it.

What do you all think? What are you all doing?

Me 31
WAH 30
M 5
Together 14 years
S 4
divorced 7/11/07

J
J
I think most of us took down pictures.

Get rid of what hurts you. If he asks about it, ask him if he wants it. : ) Wouldn't that be a nice little question.

"Well I don't want it right now either, that isn't us."

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

The only picture I took down as a piece of framed art of U2's Bono that she received for Xmas from her "friends". She only just noticed it about a week back and asked me if I threw it out (looking for a fight...). I told her I didn't, I just put it away with some of her other stuff for when she moves out.

She also asked why I took it down and I told her I didn't like to be reminded that other people are in her life right now that I don't agree with.

"I made the wall of shadow draw back,
beyond desire and act, I walked on.

Oh flesh, my own flesh, woman whom I loved and lost,
I summon you in the moist hour, I raise my song to you."
J
J
Nice Solo!

Solo...like Han...dude you are so sool.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard