Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Hi Naej and all (sorry to hi-jack...)

Thanks for your concern - I have missed all of you as well.

God is still allowing my husband to travel with the evil one - it's been a long time, but I still am standing for my marriage. I go through periods where I definitely have to use every slogan I can think of to endure. Mostly I just live my life, try to do a little something for others and enjoy my family.

My husband is still a very active alcoholic - and unless he is as so many walk-aways are - a psycopath with almost no heart or conscience - he must suffer greatly. How can a human be happy when he's left his wife, children, gc and home?

We are still married - no legal separation. In NY State you have to have grounds or a legal sep. for divorce. He has no grounds nor does he seem to want a change. I have plenty of grounds but am better off - in a sad sense - without a separation.

He can come home if he wants. I'm not stupid or a doormat, but following my marriage vows.

How are you Naej - enjoying the grandbaby I read about?? Aren't they wonderful!! Please E-mail so I'm sure of your address.

God bless all here - I know there's a lot of suffering reflected on the board and that He is watching over us. We have to stay true to Him and trust His will, no matter how miserably our spouses behave.

Lib

Hi Libnor, glad you managed to post. Sorry to hear there has been no change in your situation but you seem to be coping well.

Yes I am enjoying my grandson. He is the apple of my eye and my daughter is just the best mum. Her husband is also a great dad and very hands on with the baby.

The last couple of emails came back to me but I will try again.
Maybe Vee has your email?
Anyway take care and good to hear from you. I am going to my sons today but will try and get an email off to you later.

G
OP Offline
G
Hi Lib and naej,

It's nice to hear from you both again and glad you are hanging in there. Not much has changed here but I still wake up and breathe every day, so that's a good thing.

P.S. I still think of you Lib everytime I read that little Irish Blessing plaque that is now hanging on my wall in my home office.

Peace Out, GG

Hi LR,

It's so nice to hear that you think of me. Remember when I was planning my trip to Ireland? I did meet a lovely woman from the board who lived in Ireland. She arrived at the meeting place with my son and me loaded up with gifts for us and some for my grandchildren. That's why I loved the board so much. That trip was four years ago this month.

Your state is having a big time this week! I'm anxious to hear Sarah Palin's speech on Fri. I think it is. She sounds like quite a character and I like her values and toughness. I imagine the young stud that fathered her teenage daughter's child wasn't sure if he would meet with a shotgun. That girl must have caused quite a stir when she told her parents - but at least they aren't forcing her to kill the baby. She's paying the price for her actions, but the baby shouldn't have to.

Keep in touch and may God hold you in the hollow of his hand,

Lib

G
OP Offline
G
Hi Lib,

It's s great that you got to go to Ireland! It is true that this BB is a great cultivator of friendships. I still keep in contact with some others...jaybee, Calder, Karen58 and some others that I only remember by their "real" names now.

The convention did cause quite a commotion. I didn't get down town for the actual festivities. I did watch the speeches however and am becoming a fan of Sarah Palin.

I still have not found a job. I have decided to try my hand at an online business while I continue to seek employment.

My dad has made some progess with his cancer treatments. The chemo is taking it's toll but the cancer is shrinking for now.

I had a dream about the X Friday night which is odd in itself as that hasn't happened in ages. In the dream he was still with the OW and we had a chance to talk about what happened. It was sad and sort of had a "goodbye" tone to it. Another stepping stone in the healing process?

May the road rise to meet you
May the wind be always at your back
May the sun shine warm upon your face
May the rains fall soft upon your fields
And until we meet again
May God hold you in the palm of his hand

Peace out, GG aka LR

C
C
Hey there LR

Will you please pass on my hello and best wishes to the 'oldies' that you mentioned you're still in contact with. I miss seeing them post here, although I don't get on much anymore myself.

I'm glad to hear that the treatments seem to be having a positive effect at this time. That IS good news. I know it must be taking a terrible toll on your dad, and I'll keep him and your family in my prayers. There will be lots of prayers going up from me today. I was just told that a childhood friend passed this weekend. She was 52 and had suffered from MD since childhood. Her younger brother also passed before he reached his teens from complications caused by the same disease. She was such a fighter. I don't know that there are many MD sufferers that live that long of a life. She'll be missed.

The dreams. Yes, they can be healing. They can also feel like a 'message'. I had one of those a couple of months ago, and slowly things changed in XH life. Not sure if it was a message to me or not, or just cosmic timing, but it woke me out of a dead sleep, sitting up in bed, and saying out loud 'what the heck was that suppose to mean?'. LOL

I'm totally impressed with Sarah Palin at this point. It seems John McCain made a very positive move in asking her to join him. Time will tell I guess.

Take care LR, and I'll be wishing you positive results on your job search.

Women are angels. And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We are flexible
G
OP Offline
G
Hi Creed,

I will certainly say hello to those you mentioned.

Thanks for your prayers and thoughts for my dad. I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

Thanks also for your best wishes on my job search.

Hugs, GG aka LR

J
J
Hi GG and everyone

I haven't posted here for so long, but do drop in from time to time. I still think of all my DB friends often and will be eternally grateful for the wonderful friendship and support I found here. I truly love you all.

Life is still somewhat the same for me: my parents are even more elderly - 90 and 92 now - but thankfully still with us. My youngest daughter was terribly ill again last year but gave birth to a beautiful baby boy almost 3 weeks ago.

I hesitate to say this because I know how steadfast some of you are, but almost 5 years after the bomb (and 4 years after a failed reconciliation attempt) I did find someone new a few months ago, we were introduced by friends.

And he and I are off to London on Friday, and among other things are going to choose an engagement ring. He is a widower; very kind, honest, loyal and generous. How lucky am I?

The xh still keeps in touch by e mail, no way of knowing how he truly is. I still care about him but no longer grieve for him.

I hope I haven't offended anyone, you are all such wonderful people.

Loads of love - and a big hello to you too Creed. If you read this Snodderley, you will never know how much you helped me. My deepest thanks, always.

Jaybee xxxx

So you plant your own garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers
Jaybee !!!!!!!!!!!!

It good to hear from you, and I am so pleased things are going well. Congratulation on the grandchild.

I was talking to a colleague who has been through a similar experience as us. He said "that he feels like he put up with sandwiches for 20+ years, and now he has the cake"

I truly hope that your maderia sponge, has a big dollup of cream.

Please eMail me, my address is in my profile. I dont post much here nowadays, the site has gone to the preverbial canines.

J
J
Hi Simon

I just sent you an e mail to say "Spooky!" because I had just e mailed GG to say I hoped you read my update, when I looked here and found you had!

Last night, I couldn't find a recent post of yours to see how you were doing, so now you will have to e mail me back to tell me

And yes, the cake does have cream on it, although I would describe it as a rather fruity Christmas cake rather than a boring old Madeira one!

Blessings

Jaybee xxx

So you plant your own garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard