Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
pat44 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hey Soup:

I will write to you off the BB in more detail b/c well I suppose I am going through a "crisis of faith."

I will try to keep it palatable here.

I always respond to things that posters have requested in the past. I have not decided yet if I am going to apologize to each and every poster... I am waiting till after my vacation.

If I apologize - it means that I accept that each and every person is sufficiently empowered to make an informed choice. It means that each and every person makes choices and take full responsibility for their choices. It means each and every person - if they so chose - could save for their own retirement, pay for their own health insurance, their own maternity leave.

If I accept these things - truly in my heart accept this - not in reaction to feeling hurt - I am in the wrong party.

I have never really socialized with people outside my professional circle until my D and until I started working from home.

I keep hearing over and over again from the SAHM, the women (and many men) on this BB, the media - anyone can do what I have done. I am selfish for focusing on my career. I am somehow less of a woman b/c I didn't have children. I am wrong for seeking any validation of what I have achieved - narcisistic. My current party is demonizing people that are in a higher income bracket - that I should pay even more in taxes.

Most of the social issues do not affect me or my family on a person level - besides both parties voted for the Patriot Act - so both of them voted to racially profile me. If the social issues do affect me - there are options available to me that are not available to the population at large.

It is possible I am being reactive that is why I am going to wait till I get back from my vacation.

If I change parties - there will be a sign on my lawn and I will throw my full weight behind the Republican party and campaign on behalf of them in battleground states. There are many unhappy Hillary voters that will respond to someone like me.

I have always said - I always read all the posts - even those I disagree with b/c sometimes they are right and I am wrong...

I have always received far more validation, empathy and support from my Republican male girlfriends... They are the ones on my side... They are the ones that have helped me achieve my professional success. Ironically - most of my clashes are with women in the party I have supported... Maybe it is time to change...

I want to hear your side Soup - please send me an email telling me why I shouldn't convert.

take care,
AG

Originally Posted By: AG II
I keep hearing over and over again from the SAHM, the women (and many men) on this BB, the media - anyone can do what I have done. I am selfish for focusing on my career. I am somehow less of a woman b/c I didn't have children. I am wrong for seeking any validation of what I have achieved - narcisistic.

This I have to comment on.....

No one here has "ever" demonized you for your success or the fact that you don't have children. I applaud your success and I could care less if you have children or not. I have several friends that are both successful and childless.

In fact, it is "you" who has put others down for their political choice, nationality, whether they were a SAHM, collected alimony, etc. You've touched a lot of nerves here.

Soooooooooooo.....let's be honest here, OK?

K
K
AG
Can you show any of us, ONE just one post from any one here who made any kind of negative comment about you not having children or your career??
If they did, they were ignorant IMHO- its no ones buss. what people chose for their lives, unless its harmful to society of course.

I know for a fact it dosnt bother THIS sahm, I was happy to be so and also happy and proud of myself when I was a working mom- as long as people do their best and are good, moral people it shouldnt make a diff.

What I think, and that statement will prob make you smirk, but you are projecting, maybe its YOU deep inside who feels regret that she didnt have children and that you chose to have a career, I can tell ya, most people are way too busy w/ thier lives to be concerned about what you do.

So maybe you need to look at that, are you angry w/ yourself?
I know sometimes I second guess myself that I didnt take more advantage of the opportunity to go to college longer when I wa younger and had parents who supported me, I second guess staying home w/Ry all those years at times because I am in a sit. I didnt plan on being, but you do what you do at the time because its right for you, and as long as you do not have major regrets its all good.

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

P
pat44 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Karen, qoe:

I am very tired right now and am in no position to respond or make any decisions.

If after my vacation - I decide to change my political affilation and apologize - trust me - it will a complete apology and you will hear everything you want to hear - and it will be sincere. And I will apologize to each and every active poster in this forum.

And I suspect that if I change - you are probably right - I will probably be much happier and less angrier. I am not going to disclose my income - but if my current party wins it will cost me financially.

take care,
AG

Originally Posted By: AG II
If after my vacation - I decide to change my political affilation and apologize - trust me - it will a complete apology and you will hear everything you want to hear - and it will be sincere.

And I suspect that if I change - you are probably right - I will probably be much happier and less angrier.

take care,
AG

CRIMANY!!! Read my lips....I DON'T GIVE A RIP WHAT POLITICAL PARTY YOU BELONG TO!!!

And....I'm also tired but I don't go around insulting everyone I come into contact with. Your excuses are tiresome.

P
pat44 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Qoe:

I am not saying you care which party I belong to.

Let me see if I can do better. I will decide when I return from my vacation and am clear headed whether I will apologize sincerely and from the heart to each and every poster in this forum.

take care,
AG

I do wonder how your political affiliation affects a "sincere apology"....

....Understand, that I can't, not be what I am
I'm not the milk, and Cheerios in your spoon
~ Avril Lavigne ~
..."Nobody's Fool"...

me=ok /D'd since 7/07
D=ok
P
pat44 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
KS:

I am not going to elaborate on that b/c well it would be posting about my political thoughts and I have already pushed the boundary when it comes to that. And these types of discussions never go anywhere.

I will leave it at politics and what political ideology I subscribe to is as important to me as religion is to many. It influences me in many of my day to day decisions and guides my own personal sense of morality. Right or wrong - that is how I am.

I will not apologize just to apologize. If I apologize - it will be sincere.

take care,
AG

I agree - if you apologized, it should be sincere.

But from what I read, the apologies that should be made are not related to politics. \:\(

....Understand, that I can't, not be what I am
I'm not the milk, and Cheerios in your spoon
~ Avril Lavigne ~
..."Nobody's Fool"...

me=ok /D'd since 7/07
D=ok
Originally Posted By: *KS*Chick*
I agree - if you apologized, it should be sincere.

But from what I read, the apologies that should be made are not related to politics. \:\(

EXACTLY!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard