Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15
hey there Barbie-Doll!
so much going on ... since this BB has changed - and your name for like the 3rd or 4th time - it was difficult to locate anyone - I need to refigure out some names I guess LOL - and I see that email on my old posts was gone ... seems like every change made I like less...
anyway ... glad that Ry is home again ... that Chuck is involved a bit and more mellow .. need to catch up on what naej meant about her daughter and grandchild .. also - you moving? with Josh? to FL?... inquiring minds wanqt to know !
Love and prayers,
LSL

S
OP Offline
S
Hi LSL,

Yes, so much has changed here and few are still around. I do keep in touch with many on Facebook and can give you a bit of an update. Pearl is finally getting a divorce and her ex's OW moved back to Houston while he stayed in London. GD1 just lost her house! Not good stuff. Josh and I met up with Nursemom last month in Florida. She is in a new relationship (going on 2 years) and seems so happy.

As for me - yes - Josh and I bought a house together. It is a wonderful lake house - near my cottage up north. Josh will still be working in Toronto so we'll continue to do the weekend thing for a few more years although the weekends usually end up being more like 3.5 days now. I, on the other hand, am selling my house and cottage and will live there fulltime since I am now retired. We will be together 7 years this spring - still get along great. No drama - so different from the life I used to live.

And we will get a place in Florida when he retires. For now I have 3 timeshares there so that buys me a bit more than a month each winter. Not too bad.

So what's new with you? Great to hear from you.

Barb

wow.

I am currently very busy and tired - I will send you an email...a - 4 grandbabies under 6 - both old kids married - younger in school after home-schooling several yrs - lots of adjusting - still trying to get into the routine...H is here I filed but he was deployed x4 - and will go again so ...still a limbo - but I have moved on in my own way at my own pace ... things will change again one way or another as grey (area) is not my color! when I see things as black and white.

I am so happy for you - I guess I have been medically "retired" for 10 yr - but it was less taxing at work.

I am however blessed to have my youngest and have enjoyed every min with her.

I willsend a note soon. - I am still under signon on hotmail - and should still have your address - I need to call sadeyez, lily and libnor and get back on IM w/naej, shockedandamazed... - get organized again!

I got some more traveling to do too - more difficult now that daughter is in school.

Thoughts and prayers are with you.

LSL

S
OP Offline
S
Hey LSL,

Great to hear from you. I did get your email and replied. Some things never change, do they?

Glad you are moving forward and hope things continue in the same. 2011 will be a great year if we make it so!

Barb

K
K
How is Ryan doing? Hope your New Year is off to a great start!!

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
S
OP Offline
S
Oh Kat,

Thanks for asking. I am thrilled to say that he is doing awesome! Better than before he went in hospital. Starting to walk again - even picking his feet up high. Very vocal and very happy - laughing a lot.

It is doing my heart such good to see him doing so well. And to think - one doctor wanted to snuff his life out just 6 weeks ago. Hard to believe.

Barb

Hi LSL - I just decided to check DB again and here you are! Great to get caught up with you. I'm not sure if I still have your phone number - so give me a call.

I'm in the same sitch as before - it's been almost 10 years and I feel that I have lived in Hell part of that time. If only the ones who cheat could regain their humanity and feel the pain that adultery causes. Saw my H yesterday for the 2nd time in 2 weeks - not for most of 3 years before that. Now he can't even look me in the eye - appears very old and sick.

Our kids and their families have moved on - but they haven't had a Dad in a long time. They allow him back when he wants to come and then watch him disappear again.

God is still the only consolation for me, but too many times I have been so hurt (with lots of things that he and the OW have done through the years) that I couldn't pray. That's when God stays by me.

Being an older woman who lives alone is not for the weak. I have endured and gotten through so many catastrophes with no one to really help, that I amaze myself. The children do what they can, but ultimately it is up to me.

As usual I am thankful for my extended family and a few very good friends from "before". I pray daily for my husband's soul and have never been anything but kind to him. It will truly take a miracle for him to be saved I know.

Take care of yourself and keep in touch.

God bless,

Lib

Hi SunFunOne, I just realized who you are. Didn't realize you and a few others still posted here. I have been following you on FB but don't always post there.

Your new house sounds wonderful.

It's been so long for all of us, hasn't it? I am still married since it would cost me too much (which I always knew) to get divorced. But it doesn't matter if I'm married and alone or divorced and alone emotionally - man-wise that is. I don't like it and miss the affection and closeness of having a husband, but for now that's my burden.

Take care and God bless,

Lib

S
OP Offline
S
Hi Lib,

Yes - it is me. A few of us had to leave the board when we posted our real names - apparently that is no longer acceptable here. Oh well.

Our dear friend Frosty who I've met twice in real life passed away on Friday. So very sad. She had cancer. I truly believed she would conquer it.

So sorry that things never improved with your H. Some guys just never get better. Mine is no better but at least I can talk to him now and the kids do their best to cope.

Barb

Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard