Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Quote:
I suppose that's why it lasts for an interminable 9 months..so one has time to get used to the idea.

A friend of mine popped all three of hers out not knowing a thing about it until the day she went into labour - SERIOUSLY.

if we can be sufficient to ourselves, we need fear no entangling webs
Erica Jong
haphazard #1162665 08/14/07 03:49 PM
G
G
Yikes! She musta been one of those women that didn't gain much of anything during her Preg. I thought we were clueless with S6, who we didn't know we were pregnant with until he was 18 weeks along. We had an excuse though, MrsGGB got pregnant on her very first cycle after S5 was born, so her periods never started back up, plus she hadn't lost the weight from S5, so she didn't notice any gains there. Made for a short pregnancy though. Seriously, how do you not know you are 9 months pregnant???

haphazard #1162719 08/14/07 04:32 PM
H
H
Fran, COME ON. Seriously?

I mean, you feel the baby kicking the crud out of you towards the end. Not the mention the obvious change in your shape. Is she obese? I can't hardly believe that a person could not notice a HUGE hard bulge in their midsection, kwim.

That's so crazy.

GGB, we went thru the poop painting here as well, with D2. She only did her crib, tho. After one particularly frustrating day I told H that I felt more like a zookeeper than a mother. I was about to put her room in the basement next to that sloping-floor-with-a-hole deal so I could just hose it (and her) down. But to have TWO doing it is way gross. Btw, my dad always called 2 of my sisters Frick and Frack. Isn't that funny. But you're right...I can't imagine going thru that whilst dealing with teenage hormones also. Oh and you can't get too mad at him, it sounds like he's nothing but a chip off the old block, eh. \:\)

honeypott #1162799 08/14/07 05:24 PM
G
G
Hee Hee, yeah a chip off the old block I suppose, at least as far as the horniness goes. The difference is the access: the girls these days seem a lot more casual about having sex than they were in my day. Anyway, the degree of fusion he is showing is so over the top that it is sickening. I suppose one can't see how unattractive it is until you see someone else who's got it worse than you though, KWIM? Actually, his hormones aren't really what is driving us nuts, rather it is that he apparently inherited Corri's old queen of the universe chair and won't get his buttocks out of it to save his own skin. He's supposed to be looking at colleges and looking for any scholarships that might be available to him (He's starting his senior year). he hasn't done that, sabatoged himself when he took the SAT and is refusing to take an SAT prep course or retake the SAT. Yesterday we told him that once he turns 18, if he isn't enrolled full time in school (excepting summer breaks), then he pays rent. You'da thought we told him he couldn't see his GF ever again. He's got an air of entitlement like you wouldn't believe, and he isn't willing to pitch in even on his regular chores (cleaning one bathroom, helping out with kitchen clean-up, and maintaining the pool). He feels he is old enough that he's somehow graduated from having chores. Seems like we are spending a good 75% of our time on him. The 14 yo, in contrast has always gone out of his way to lend a hand, almost to a fault. how we get two such radically different personalities from the same genes and same upbringing is one of the seven wonders of the world, I am sure.

GGB,
The difference in personalities is why opted for one, as we got an intelligent, mellow and happy baby, the first time out. At 12 he's still mellow, reasonably intelligent and somewhat stubborn about certain things. Not having a 2nd one prevents nature from having the next one be mutant. lol.

HP,
Congrats on the pending arrival!!!

Scott
-Who is quite happy with a single offspring.

"Satisfaction is not guaranteed." Rule #19 Ferengi "Rules of Acquistition"
Scott1701 #1162922 08/14/07 06:50 PM
K
K
HP,

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats! You will now be joining me, GGB family, and Chromes family among the ranks of the "Are you nuts?" looks due to the size of family, ages of children, occurence of twins or other factors that make your family "not normal". Of course, you ARE normal in a Catholic church!

My little man is now 4 months old and I am feeling VERY done having babies. He is sweet and perfect and I still feel done. H is avoiding the subject with me because I look so striken every time he says something like "If we get pregnant again." I haven't been posting because I have no sex life. I have no sex life because this baby is glued to my breast except for short periods of sleep which does not meet H's criterion for having sex (no one too tired, everything perfect, no rush etc...).

Anywhooooooooooo - check in with us a lot and let us know how you are progressing!

Karen

karen1 #1162958 08/14/07 07:13 PM
G
G
Karen, Hmm sorry to hear about the lackanookie. Not to worry about the baby "tick" (as MrsGGB called them at that stage), this too will soon pass and you will miss it when it does.

Even in the american Catholic churches, families with more than 3 seem to be on the decline. I can't tell you the number of comments we get in our own parish regarding the number of kids and/or the age spread. Shoot, we've even gotten it from my own parents at times.

K
K
GGB,

Thanks for the perspective - it is true that I will miss the baby "tick" when he isn't one anymore.

Corri,

I finally read through this set of posts about the whole "family vacation gestalt". I think your feelings about sex with bf on "family time" are completely normal. This is a new man, just going on a vacation with the whole clan is an adjustment of its own.

In the future there are a few helpful strategies. When we are on a family vacation we pretty much have morning sex. Sometimes we even get up very early (before the babies), have sex and go back to sleep. Teens are always out like a light in the morning. We also always arrange one dinner or lunch out alone when DS15 or one of the older boys is "in charge" of the clan. That little time alone seems to make a great deal of difference. It appears though that your feelings about the sex were just a natural outgrowth of the "purpose" of the trip. Not every trip has the same purpose. Maybe it just felt a little too "homey". That part will ease in time.

I also think that since you have been part of a step family you may have some issues related to that. I have been awfully pleased at how my blended family has come together. My kids have never told my H "You're not my real Dad." or anything of the sort. They flexibly call him by his first name or Dad as THEY choose. The blended family doesn't have to be the "slightly used" version of a family with only the intact family being the "deluxe" version. It can work very well. All this is not to say that you will be forming a blended family - although maybe it felt a little too much that way?

My solution? Go on vacation again - soon but this time just you and bf so girlfriend-Corri can come out to play.

Karen

karen1 #1164490 08/15/07 11:46 PM
N
N
Take the kids to the beach. Surfing preferably.
They will wear you two out so nookie is not an option and you do not keep them up and disturb their video games.

Hey I'm an expert on beach vacations.

"All I want is a weeks pay for a day's work"
Steve Martin

T
T
Swim,
How you doing bud?

“I’ve learned what I know from defeats.”

Bobby Jones
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard