Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
L
lodo Offline OP
OP Offline
L
girl, is gForce's name turning into what Bill the Cat used to say?

Divorced: 10/26/08
G
G
hey add "master of the universe" as my title --

"PgFHMotU!"

When D14 was younger, when we would bet on silly things, I would sometimes tell her if I won, she would have to call me "Master of the Universe" instead of "Dad" for one hour. She would get so mad because she didn't want to, so she would never take the bet.

Me45 W35 M6 T8
D16 SD11 D0
Dec 07: Bomb
July 08: Busted!
Thread
S
S
g - that reminds me of the time after my son finished watching this movie for his first time, I would kid him every once in a while with "Neil, I am you father, join me and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son".

G
G
Which was spoofed in Toy Story 2, when Buzz Lightyear found out Evil Emperor Zurg was his father.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38W6G3Ud7ms

Me45 W35 M6 T8
D16 SD11 D0
Dec 07: Bomb
July 08: Busted!
Thread
K
K
Where have you been hiding today? I've missed your warped sense of humor.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
K
K
Originally Posted By: kat727
Where have you been hiding today? I've missed your warped sense of humor.

kat
Yeah, you're not actually working on a paper or something are you? Come procrastinate with us--you know you want to! \:\) Karen

Me 53
D18, S24
L
lodo Offline OP
OP Offline
L
You guys are going to make me fail all my classes!

K
K
Nahhh, we wouldn't want to take any credit if that happened. If you weren't ignoring us so much we wouldn't be bugging you to come play.

kat

I'm going to bed this cold is starting to really kick my butt!

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
L
lodo Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Okay, I'm going to get my late night ramble out of the way early. Hmmm .... Well, I think tonight I'll re-read old letters even though I've decided this is not a repeat of the sitch from 9 years ago.

Setting the scene - W and I had been living together for 3 years. She'd left in Sept. to start master's. Came back at Christmas and called it off (later discovered there was OM since Nov). Lots of bad things done until no contact in April. She came through my town in June and spent 3 fun-filled days.

July 8: "Dear lodo - Oh, what a grand mess I've created for myself. I've been through an incredible range of emotions in the past six months. At Christmas, I was so confused, and overwhelmed, and a little lost - so excited about all of the new things and so disoriented by everything coming to a halt and returning home. Then the burden of trying to fix things over the phone and still be involved in things, and just not wanting to deal. Feeling like I didn't have the energy to mend things. Denying interest in someone else, because I didn't want to be interested in someone else. Not knowing what I wanted from you. Feeling totally detached from my instincts, my emotions, unable to control my reactions. Feeling like I just needed time and feeling totally relieved when I told you that. Knowing how much I was hurting you and still feeling a little relieved and a whole lot sad. Sad for all the things we've shared, and share. Trying to figure out what I was missing from you that made me interested in someone else. I do love you, lodo. Can you see how this hurts me too? I guess, though, that I have to tell you it's over because I'm not ready to be with you right now. Honestly, I'm excited to try things out with OM, even though I can't believe I am. But I still want to see you and talk to you - can I do that? I'm sorry to be hurting you so much."

She ended things with OM 2 weeks later becuase she couldn't relate to him like she could with me. We tried to get back together in Aug, but she got cold feet before I arrived and it was a horrible weekend - I left early. Finally, in early Sept. I told her I never wanted to see her again and kicked her out. She was crying, saying this wasn't right, but I told her to just leave. She called me from the road and we finally talked out our problems. When she got back to CA she sent me this:

Sept: "You must know I've been thinking about you a lot. I feel so stupid that I put you through such crap. I can't explain my narrow-mindedness, my ... I don't know. I'm so sorry, and so sorry it took getting to the real brink to realize what I was doing. It's time for us to move on, together, so I don't want to dwell on all of this, but I'm still processing and trying to account for my feelings and reactions and confusions. I pay for my academic agility in emotional stupidity sometimes - I feel like it takes me forever to figure out what my heart is saying. I love you very much."

Okay, that's enough of my personal life for one evening.

lodo

W
WCW Offline
W
Some guy named lodo posted to me about getting stuck in nostalgia. Hhhmmm, wonder where he is?
((lodo))

Live your life while you are still living.
Riding the trail less traveled.
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard