Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
L
lodo Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hey S&S - keep meaning to ask, are you NoCal or SoCal?

Divorced: 10/26/08
S
S
Yes, I would vote for the immoral candidate if he was the best political choice. It would be a relief for a change, not to have some holier than thou guy spouting family virtues (and then probably paying prostitutes in his spare time).

K
K
I'm not sure that I would. I know I am not in the best state of mind regarding cheating and walk-a-way spouses. I do tend to hold grudges(it's an Irish thing). I wouldn't even see a Tom Cruise movie because of the way it seemed to be with his first wife and all of a sudden Nicole Kidman. I didn't watch any of her films until they were divorced.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
P
P
Originally Posted By: lodo
All right, I'm sorry I posted the last ramble. Obviously it communicated the wrong thing.

So, changing the topic ...

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that there was a presidential candidate who was really really good - had vision, had support, could really unite the country, had an impressive record, was a great speaker. But he had left his W & kids and was living with another woman.

Would you vote for him?

No. Shows poor character.

H
H

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that there was a presidential candidate who was really really good - had vision, had support, could really unite the country, had an impressive record, was a great speaker. But he had left his W & kids and was living with another woman.

Would you vote for him?

You mean McCain? I can honestly say that I will have a problem voting for him.

Hope4us

Me - 49, W 49
S22 & S18
Dday 9/4/07
W claims NC 4/7/08
8/29/09 - Divorce Busted. Lots to work through, but we're going to make it.
W
WCW Offline
W

Would you vote for him?
lodo! you're being nostalgic again! didn't that already happen????
What would you do?

Live your life while you are still living.
Riding the trail less traveled.
S
S
If someone could lie and cheat on his spouse, how could I trust he wouldn't cheat on the country and lie about it? I was a BIG Clinton supporter but had a really difficult time with the "scandel." At the time I couldn't believe Hilary didn't leave him (now I totally understand). I just couldn't believe he would cheat on his wife and we trusted him to run the country.

Sara

Me-31 H-38
M: 5 yrs T: 7 yrs
No kids
Went to Prostitutes 10-1-06
Found out about OW 12-24-07
Bomb on EA/PA: 1-2-08
OW ended it with H "for good" 3-8-08
OW is back 4-19-08
H and OW tell me that they are in love 5-19-08
Filed for divorce 6-5-08
Divorced 7-2-08
G
G
I feel like this is a trick question. That you're going to come back and say you were referring to Honest Abe. I don't know what I would do. I think all politicians are slimy and power hungry to a certain degree. Who in their right mind would want to be President????

BUT, I hate to be overly judgemental of people's personal life choices so I might vote for him. Before I give my final answer, I would need to know who he's running against. =)

M: 37
H: 36
Married: Aug 13, 2004
Decision to Divorce: July 20, 2008
Reconciled: September 2008
Current: Ambivalence
L
lodo Offline OP
OP Offline
L
No trick question - I was just changing the subject and that was the first thing that popped into my head. Since we all have definite opinions about the kind of people our infidels are, I was curious if that carried over into daily life.

Trying to research and write a paper due in 2 weeks, finish a paper from an incomplete (midst of D), and get ready for a presentation I have to give next weekend on a subject I haven't researched. I feel like I'm about to hyperventilate ...

lodo

Divorced: 10/26/08
W
WCW Offline
W
Quick! let me get you a paper bag!! It's been used before and it is a bit wrinkled already and feels pretty flat...oh wait...that's me! Would plastic be ok?

Live your life while you are still living.
Riding the trail less traveled.
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard