Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
K
K
Hon,
Whatever makes you happy... I am done with coffee for today. It's 15:40 and I am getting ready to leave work where I do (almost) nothing all day because "the past (MORE than) half-year has really screwed with my ability to concentrate" and I will be heading home in an hour hoping I won't get squished (as Ali says)by a car since "the past (MORE than) half-year has really screwed with my ability to concentrate" while I drive/walk as well..

I am ready to get off this ride soon... I'll miss the excitement...
K

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
H
H
You guys are talking my language. I can't concentrate on anything for longer than an hour anymore. And that's such a change for me. That's what I hate about all this, what it's made me become.

Hope4us

Me - 49, W 49
S22 & S18
Dday 9/4/07
W claims NC 4/7/08
8/29/09 - Divorce Busted. Lots to work through, but we're going to make it.
W
WCW Offline
W
For the longest time I felt like I was on the outside looking in at some other person that was living my life. I'd go thru all the motions trying to maintain what was normal, do most of the right things so folks don't notice my forgetfulness, get just enough done to keep my head above water, and much of it I can't remember getting done.
Crying? OMG, I think I got dehydrated shedding so many tears!

lodo, your foundation is not gone. You are still you, that kind and polite and caring guy that has very much to offer his friends and the world. Get out your building blocks and keep stacking on your foundation until you get where you want to be.

Chin up, eyes on the horizon.

Live your life while you are still living.
Riding the trail less traveled.
G
G
Originally Posted By: lodo
hey g - history/philosophy of science. Specifically, how science informs public policy.

I'm confused. I thought you did something with 3D animation. Or is that just a hobby?

Me45 W35 M6 T8
D16 SD11 D0
Dec 07: Bomb
July 08: Busted!
Thread
L
lodo Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I do that too.

I kind of do a lot of different things.

Divorced: 10/26/08
B
B
Originally Posted By: lodo
hey g - history/philosophy of science. Specifically, how science informs public policy.

my oh my, do we have a lot in common! \:\)

I laughed when I read what your friends' PhD was in.. mine is somewhere between the two of yours, with a little technology thrown in the mix for kicks & giggles.

As far as the other topic, of what to put into coffee.. I prefer Kahlua. But it might be a tad early for that..otherwise, french vanilla creamer.

But I'm a wussy midwestener when it comes to coffee strength I have found out. The west coast's light roast curls my toes!

I certainly hope the things you needed to get done today got finished.

As FG says,
Do work (& it shouldn't all be DB'ing!)

later, procrastinator. \:\)

Divorced 03/2010
Mom to two amazing kids

Taking the road less traveled because those encountered on the way may be just as unique.

http://tinyurl.com/ybqkan8 = Current Thread

L
lodo Offline OP
OP Offline
L
hi bridgestone,

Just posted over on your thread. I AM procrastinating! Hey, I was up until midnight and then back up at 5 - I get a coffee break, don't I? Actually, I'm getting ready to go for a swim.

My friend's PhD? I'm doing my master's in the history & philosophy of science, concentrating on the predictive sciences in public policy. I also do 3D animation. And web database stuff. And a video podcast on energy issues. And, and, and ... I do too much. Helps to take my mind off things, though.

So bridgestone, what is your area of expertise?

And if you're going to mention Kahlua, then I'll have to mention my favorite, frangelico! Though I certainly wouldn't turn down whiskey.

Yep - I've noticed midwest coffee is akin to tea. Out here on the coast we drink it strong!

Okay, back to work. \:\(

lodo

P
P
lodo,

Just catching up on your thread...wow. When you noted the similarities in our sitch's, you weren't kidding. The exerpt from your W.'s letters to you...uncanny. I feel for you, wow we are feeling a lot of the same ups and downs (though you are managing more ups than me at this point!).

And the concentration thing...that is validating to hear others talk about this. I've been in a blank, foggy, half-out-of-body experience for most of the last 6 months. Even when other people are around me, care about me, I still feel slightly removed. I do feel quite lost and directionless...still trying to comprehend what feels so incomprehensible.

The validation of reading your experience and that of others on your thread has been helpful re: my own insanity.

Purr

G
G
I enjoyed your late night ramble and could relate to so much of what you wrote.

Quote:
it changes from day to day. Where do you start to look for meaning when your foundation is suddenly gone?

Some days it changes from hour to hour, you know?

How am I supposed to take you up on a fruity rum drink when you don't have any time to spare? =)

Hope you have a wonderfully happy day (or find a wonderful happy hour in your day).

M: 37
H: 36
Married: Aug 13, 2004
Decision to Divorce: July 20, 2008
Reconciled: September 2008
Current: Ambivalence
L
lodo Offline OP
OP Offline
L
gfi - I'll always forego work to bring you a fruity rum drink!

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard