Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
P
pat44 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hi Everyone:

It is a beauoooootiful day! The sun is shining and absolutely gorgeous weather. \:\)

Life is not exceptionally good yet... I need to crank out the last 5 pages of a patent that I thought was finished months ago. I really hate picking up something that was suppose to be finished and revisiting it....

A woman at the alcohol training class talked about how she did the Avon walk for breast cancer. I have always wanted to do that - so today - instead of working - I Googled it! There are two walks in Oct - one in NY and one in Charlotte. It is roughly 40 miles over two days. They reduced it from 60 over three days.

I will talk to a couple of my GF's to see if they are interested - if not - I will sign up by myself. I have never been to Charlotte - it would be a nice trip.

After SD mentioned that 1400 sounded a little low - I also Googled the weight thing. I made a list of what I am eating and well it is more like 1200 - that is most definately too low. I need to be more at 1600. I am gradually increasing the aerobic activity. I am procrastinating about staring weights - b/c well I will be a walking mass of pain again for a couple of weeks ... and that is not fun.

I have been putting off my annual physical b/c I wanted to drop 5-6 pounds first. I am pre-disposed to have high triglycerides/cholestorol. I have a healthy diet - exercise and low stress is the only way for me to keep it in check. The last year of my M - the levels roughly doubled and then dropped AFTER The X moved out and as I was going through my D. \:o And the first few months after The X moved out - I lived on pizza and donuts - so clearly stress is a factor.

And perhaps creating those silly balls of pairs of socks after doing laundry was the main source of stress! I hated doing that! If I live with a man again - I am buying socks that are all the same so no matter which two he picks up - he will always have a pair. Of course if he wants variaty - that is fine - as long as he matches his own socks pairs.

I also want to get my levels as low as possible and apply for life insurance. The rates are significantly lower if your bloodwork is fine. Emailing Man said to fast for 24 hours before the test - as opposed to 8 - apparently that really gets it down.

Other than the fact that I have to work for a living - Life is good!

take care,
AG

Last edited by AG II; 07/08/08 03:18 PM.
I
I
Fasting longer is good. So is eating "grapes" so I'm told. You have to like fruit. :-)

N
N
Originally Posted By: AG II
And perhaps creating those silly balls of pairs of socks after doing laundry was the main source of stress! I hated doing that! If I live with a man again - I am buying socks that are all the same so no matter which two he picks up - he will always have a pair. Of course if he wants variaty - that is fine - as long as he matches his own socks pairs.

AG,

That does not work.... I bought all the same type of socks at Kohl's right before new W and I got married in an attempt to make life easier....... She donated all of the new ones because I "had too many socks".....

NMD

"Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years. That is what makes a marriage last --more than passion or even sex!" - Simone Signoret
P
pat44 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hi Soup!

Grapes - I haven't heard about that one. I love fresh fruit - will have to give it a try.

Hey NMD:

So new W likes to match socks!!!!

Can men actually have too many socks? It felt like I was constantly buying new packs of socks when I was M!

take care,
AG

P
pat44 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hi Everyone:

I have this delay reaction thing in my head.

I talked to M GF - and well that judgemental part of me is kicking in... She didn't mention the affair - she only reveals and talks about her "secrets" when she is drunk. Last year it was her fake boobs and this year it was the affair.

I think if you actually decide to get M - you make that decision as an adult and take responsibility for that decision. You can't just change the rules just b/c things are not going your way.

I have an extra hardline stance for myself - I do not date men that are not legally D. It is non-negotiable. In my book - you are M or not M. There is no in-between. I don't care who hurt who first. I decided on that after I did date a DB person that persuaded me about his "not D - yet not M" stance. And I regret that decision to this day.

M GF wanted 4 kids - H did not object. M GF decided that H had to get fixed after 4 kids - he got fixed. M GF wanted very expensive landscaping - H did not object. M GF recently bought huge new Honda minivan - H bought that for her and drives an old car himself. She wanted fake boobs - H paid for them. She has endless procedures done - H pays for them.

She keeps in touch with her XH and her XBF's - always thought that was strange. And she told me once that she talks to a guy she met at a bar last year - more of an EA - not PA - perhsps she lied. Her H knows all this.

H pays for the getaways where M GF has her affairs - that is just plain sick!

M GF spends a lot of money and has never balanced a checkbook in her life. She has also told me point blank that I am lucky that I do not have to be M to live in this neighborhood - how some women M the right men for the lifestyle.

Her H has held up his end of the bargain and then some.

She is having her cake and eating it too...

When I talked to her today - I felt a little ill. I disagree with what she is doing. I think she is immature and living in lalaland where she thinks everyone has it easier than her and that she is ENTITLED to have an affair b/c of the SACRIFICES she has made.

And I wonder - did she threaten to D H if he did not agree to the affair....

And a 22 year old - that is saving himself for her twice a year - get real! Any 22 year old that is willing to sleep with a M woman - will sleep with anything that moves.

This is not love. It is an M of convenience where M GF is the only one really benefiting...

I always post my honest emotions. Not sure what to make of how I am feeling. Sigh...I am judgemental - I really do not want to hang out with her... But the thought of continuing to associate with her makes me feel ill. Everytime I see her H - I feel like I am somehow on the other side against him - and this is not the side I want to be on.

Sigh...me and my delayed reactions... She was calling in friendship capital - and no - I don't think there is enough friendship capital to cover this one...

Bottom-line. She is selfish and self-centered.

I will give it time to percolate in my brain... But I am going to tell her that I think what she is doing is wrong - no and if or buts.

take care,
AG

P
pat44 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hi Everyone:

So Humongo Client has instructed my boss to pull in the outsourced management work. My current management work will not be affected at this time. He is pulling in the work from the other attorneys that manage stuff. However, he will not be sending me the additional management work that he was going to send me this month. He said that it is probably temporary - and that he will send me other work to keep me busy.

I guess it is a good thing that I am the last in line of heads that may be chopped. However - it makes me think about expanding my client base to include a second Humongo Client...

I did receive an inadvertant compliment. I had received some really bad work from an outside law firm. Because he sent it at the last minute on the day it was due - I did significant revisions to his draft - instead of asking him to make the changes and sent him the draft and copied my boss.

This really awful attorney had a PC-like attitude - argued and lied. He filed his draft instead of following instructions and tried to cover it up.

Anyhow - my boss gently said he disagreed with me - he thought the copy of the draft in the email I copied him on was very articulate and well written - and was very surprised that I did not like it! He thought that the draft he read was the awful attorney draft. He did not realize it was the draft I had pretty much re-written. I told him that was my draft and my style and thanked him for the compliment!

My boss has seen me manage - but has never seen my writing before. So as he is under the gun to cut costs and fire people - he now has another reason to keep me!

Humongo Client does this over and over again - keeping everyone off balance all the time. My boss assured me I was okay - but well these things don't mean much if he received an edict from above to fire. My boss' boss also knows of me - so that is in my favor...

We will see how things pan out. My savings account is replenished - so I am fine the rest of the year. Not so sure I am going to have the hardwood floors done this year. We'll see... Maybe I will just do one room at at time...

So good news. My boss has yet another reason to appreciate me. Bad news - it may not matter if there are more budget cuts.

take care,
AG

I feel like I have a split personality! Hopefully I will back to AG II shortly.

You've always had the power.

Why did you want a change? And why did you ask me to pick?

sg
Love is PATIENT, love is KIND, LOVE never fails / DB since 2001
P
pat44 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hi sgctok:

I was having a confusing day.

I am happy to have my old name back.

Thanks,
AG

P
pat44 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hi Everyone:

So the first time in my life I say - "No - I am busy too take on more work right now - can it wait a month." And I get a life. It comes back to bite me in the you know what!!!!

A part of me is kicking myself for not taking on the additional management work in May.... My boss cannot send out more work now - but had he sent it out then - well it would have been mine to keep...

I know - I was a laptop cripple. Yes, I was sleeping with my laptop. And yes - I had no life... And yes, my clothes didn't fit... And yes - I was overworked and miserable... And yes, my massage therapist fired me b/c she said I was a mess and she couldn't help me... And yes, it took 3-4 yoga classes/week to be able to walk without limping...

But I am kicking myself for not just taking it when it was offered!!!!! Stupid - stupid - stupid... I could have taken the work and simply been behind for a little while longer.

My boss simply cannot do all of the work he is suppose to pull back in-house himself. He already has a full time job.

I allowed myself to relax for a month or two - and feel like I am paying the price...

My boss said - that this was probably temporary and he would be able to send me the management work later on in the year.

I guess it is okay... Financially the management work I currently have provides me with a generous income... I am very lucky that my portfolios are not being pulled in - yet... Two of the other outside attorneys will probably be fired and another one will have his workload reduced.

I just cannot believe that the one time I relax - the first time in years that I take some weekends off - it comes back to haunt me...

I really should have just stayed in bed today - I am not enjoying it. What was I thinking delaying accepting that work.... I became complacent...BIG MISTAKE!

take care,
AG

B
B
AG,

What were you thinking taking care of yourself like that.Damn girl don't you know your supose to work yourself into the grave.JK.

Balance.Remember balance?

Stop kicking yourself and start patting yourself on the back for doing something that is good for you.I don't see why your upset.You said you have enough income.

Later Friend
Briget

The grass is always greener over the septic tank... Erma Bombeck Treat hate with Love... DR. Martin Luther King
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard