Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
AG, I wish you all the very best with the next phase of your life.
I think you have grown so much. I guess life is all about learning and growth and balance.
This board has been a life saver for so many of us and it's nice to feel we can just drop in when we feel the need.
Take care.

P
pat44 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hi naej:

Quote:
I think you have grown so much. I guess life is all about learning and growth and balance.

Thanks naej. That means a lot coming from you.

I also feel like I am getting too far removed from my M and my D to really be able to (or perhaps even want to) post to people effectively. I need to let that part of my life go - and continuing to post here keeps me tied to that part of my past.

You always sound so grounded and sane in your posts. Other that life's normal ups and downs it sounds like you are doing well too. \:\)

take care,
AG

F
F
AG,

I think BECAUSE you have survived, you really do have some great advice for those of us in the middle of this quaqmire!

Last edited by FLTC; 07/15/08 01:50 AM.
N
N
AG
I'll second FLTC's comment. I believe your advice to him in his difficult period was sound and not always what he wanted to hear.

Are you in a period of pulling back and having AG recharge or is this truely the end of a season and time to move on. If so hopefully you will create new venues (you seem to like politics and serving beer) where you can interact and look toward your future.

"All I want is a weeks pay for a day's work"
Steve Martin

P
pat44 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hey FLTC:

Thanks for the compliment. \:\)

I will still post to the people I have been posting to in this forum. I just don't feel like having my own thread anymore. I have gotten better at processing things more quickly and circling less. I want to ween myself off the journaling.

BTW: I am doing a two day 40 mile breast cancer walk and have seriously increased my work out. And now I am finally getting your posts about having a LOT MORE energy, needing a lot less sleep and that serious endorphine high! I tried taking my law firm mandated nap - and much to my surprise - I was too energized to nap! \:o

take care,
AG

P
pat44 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hey N_Hill:

Thanks for the compliment. \:\)

I have changed my mind to where I have decided that I will no longer have my own thread but will post to those people I have been posting to till they "graduate."

It is possible that I won't dig as deep into my own experiences when posting - that is a little mentally draining. And I want to slowly let that part of my life remain settled and eventually let it fade into the past.

take care,
AG

P
pat44 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hi NMD:

Since you are "threadless" - I will have to post to you on my thread.

I read that you W was expecting. Congratulations!

Most of my good friends - male and female are "geriatric" parents - as in having kids when they are over 40. I myself will probably be close to my mid-40's by the time the adoption process is complete.

The nice thing about being a "geriatric parent" is that your life is more settled - money is usually no longer an issue - and you have more time for your kids.

I am very happy for you! \:D

take care,
AG

N
N
Originally Posted By: AG II
Hi NMD:

Since you are "threadless" - I will have to post to you on my thread.

I read that you W was expecting. Congratulations!

Most of my good friends - male and female are "geriatric" parents - as in having kids when they are over 40. I myself will probably be close to my mid-40's by the time the adoption process is complete.

The nice thing about being a "geriatric parent" is that your life is more settled - money is usually no longer an issue - and you have more time for your kids.

I am very happy for you! \:D

take care,
AG

AG,

I have a couple of threads floating around...... They are buried...

No_More_Dodo

I appreciate your wishes... We are not quite there yet... Wifey and I are still in the "planning" phase for our family.... We have not yet "started".......

There are a lot more "geriatric parents"...... The good thing is some people think we look younger.... In our mid/late 30's...... I think from an energy perspective, it is much better to be a parent in your 20's..... HOWEVER, from a life experience and wisdom perspective, I think early 40's is better.... I see advantages and disadvantages of both....

I do admit to Wifey I only have one regret in my life.... That we did not meet in our 20's........ She gently reminds me God put us here at this point for a reason....... Yet, it would have been nice to have been married for 20 years... and have our children in high school...

In the past, we have told people we just met we have been married for 14 years..... It is so interesting to see how people believe it after seeing us together...... We are going to do this on our cruise as well.... We are going to tell everyone we are celebrating #14 instead of #1..... The cool thing is this "erases" the mess with my exW!

Take Care,

NMD

"Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years. That is what makes a marriage last --more than passion or even sex!" - Simone Signoret
P
pat44 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hey NMD:

Quote:
The good thing is some people think we look younger.... In our mid/late 30's......

I saw some very cute pictures of a very young looking and very happy couple. \:\)

Quote:
I think from an energy perspective, it is much better to be a parent in your 20's..... HOWEVER, from a life experience and wisdom perspective, I think early 40's is better.... I see advantages and disadvantages of both....

I am not sure if you have children from a prior M. In my case, I am looking forward to being a "geriatric" parent. It is a little like having my cake and eating it too b/c I really had a great time in my 20's doing all the things I wanted - including travelling, etc. I spent my 30's getting established in my career. And now - I will have the time and energy to devote to being a mother. I don't feel like I will be missing out on anyting in life. And I feel like I am more centered and have more energy than I did - well at least in my 30's. Happinesss has a ways of creating a lust for life that generates its own energy.

I do worry at times that my children will never see how I worked to get to where I am today. They will arrive into a nice lifestyle.

Quote:
I do admit to Wifey I only have one regret in my life.... That we did not meet in our 20's........ She gently reminds me God put us here at this point for a reason....... Yet, it would have been nice to have been married for 20 years... and have our children in high school...

Your W is a wise woman. NMD, you had to go though the path that you have gone through in your life to get where you are today. And some of your trials and tribulations in life have given you the ability to really appreciate what you have today. Besides if you like me, have decided to live till you are 125 - have you really lost that much time together?

Keep me posted on your baby progress! I am excited for you!

take care,
AG

P
pat44 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hi Everyone:

Really have nothing to post about.

Life is very balanced - and that makes me very happy!

Yes, I feel like I am very happy at this moment in time. \:\)

I have decided to approach dating the way I approached my career - in my own way. The odds are stacked against me b/c well most men start dating while M - and that is a deal breaker for me - it is quite possible toothless and bald has an edge over a man that dates while M.

When I started my firm - I fired clients when it appeared I could ill afford to do so b/c of ethical issues, etc. I posted about the firings as they occured. I myself have been fired from jobs b/c I was not willing to do things that compromise the interests of clients. And while Humongo Client has issues - primarily a CEO that engages in endless budgets cuts - it is a very good fit for me. I am appreciated and valued. I have the freedom to push myself to grow - and even make a few mistakes at times! \:o Yes, I am getting better at accepting that I am not perfect!

My own C and Michele both said "Why don't you approach your personal life the way you approach work?" And since I started doing that - my personal life is going much better.

I feel the same way about dating and R's that I do about clients. I do believe it will happen in good time. And much like with my clients - I am picky and not willing to settle. And being happy with my life exactly as it is today provides me with the emotional capacity to wait till I meet the right person. My standards are at odds with social norms - well so what. Most of my life is at odds with social norms - hasn't stopped me yet! Sometimes it takes me longer than others - but I typically always get what I want. So it is important for me to know what I want.

Life really is very good. I am content and happy. Sure I have plans for my future - but at this point in time - I have everything I want and need from life. \:\)

take care,
AG

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard