Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
L
L
Holding with a 6 oz sinker today, ocean is clean. The Best Of Luck To All.

;\)

Live Simply
Love Generously
Care Deeply
Speak Kindly
Leave the rest to God
Hi F21! Good to hear from you again!
Originally Posted By: forever21
Good thing you are getting back on your bike, Scotty. ;\)
Absolutely! No one wants to see you end up as Scotty 2 Fatty!

Seriously, Bike Riding = Instant PMA! Just do it!!

Thread #10
22 year M, MLC, Piecing since 1/07
Goal: Live with confidence & enthusiasm!
swashy Offline OP
OP Offline
OMG Bean! Too funny.

And oh so true Rob. I've certainly put on a few pounds. Ugh. Ankle is still sore but good enough to ride on. Time to start shedding some pounds and get fit again.

Scott: 38
X: 39
M: 13yrs D: 12/12/08
S9, D8, S6
MLC/EA/PA
Bomb: 8/10/06 S: 01/07 Asked for D: 05/07 Mediation 07/07

"And when all's been said and done
It's the things that are given, not won
Are the things that you want"
- Gomez; See the World
Yeah, get to gettin', Scotty. Now's your chance. I'm going to bring my own lure next time.

HAHAHAHAHA! L!!!! That's SOME bait you have there, chica.

Hi Rob! Funny. I can use to get fit myself right now, so I wasn't saying THAT. I was teasing S because I finally got back on MY bike a couple days ago... and I know he's especially scared now. ;\) SO true about instant PMA. How weird it felt at first, after not having been on any of my bikes in years.

Me: 37
M: 14 yrs
Separated 10/06; Filed for D 12/07
Life is good.
swashy Offline OP
OP Offline
Ummm...I don't think Charlie will be interested in hitting a coupon for 50% off a pedi sugar. ;\)

S9, D8, S6
MLC/EA/PA

- Gomez; See the World
Ummm... I don't either. You know it would have to be expired if I was going to be sinking it into the ocean, and I know better than to think Charlie would miss that detail.

Me: 37
M: 14 yrs
Separated 10/06; Filed for D 12/07
Life is good.
swashy Offline OP
OP Offline
So today is the STBX's 40th B-Day. Years ago...before this went down I had thought about how I wanted to throw her a big surprise party for her 40th. Oh well.

Instead...I bought her a GC to the kids favorite restaraunt....from the kids.

But her biggest present was probably one that she gave herself. I got my notice in the mail that our trial date is set for 8/13. Since she was at school last night she probably got it today. Happy Birthday!

So here I am approaching the end of my M. If the judge agrees with our agreement we should be officially divorced by 11/13. Our 13 yr anniversary is 10/14.

Getting that letter certainly hurt...just makes me sad I guess. I know that trying to have a R with her as she is today is pointless. I just don't think she is capable of being in a committed R with anyone really.

There are two types of people in this world. Those who knock on the front door when they hit the baseball through the window and those who run away. Well unfortunately for me and my kids...I married a runner.

Actually after saying this to J she said she married the one who knocked on the front door, said sorry, promised to fix the window but never did and instead went back out in the street and did it again. LOL. Guess its not that black and white...but you probably get my point.

My life will be great. I'll make sure of it...have no doubt. Onward and upward. I have a wonderful woman in my life and I know that she is the type of person who will not only knock on the door but will also do all she can to fix the window.

I have a great R with my kids. They feel tremendous love not only from me but from their mother too. She can do that now that the weight has been lifted from her and I'm thrilled about that. I wish we could have done it together but better to do it apart than not at all. They will and do have heartache but they know they can talk to me and they know they are loved so I believe that they will be ok in the end.

Once again, I find myself thanking everyone here for their support as my M nears its end. So THANK YOU!!!

S9, D8, S6
MLC/EA/PA

- Gomez; See the World
B
B
Brother, there are so many beginnings too. I don't think they're lost on you, but I do feel it important to announce that.

R
R
(((Scott))) I know what it is like to let go of all the dreams and ideals that we held for our M, and it is probably the hardest thing we will ever do. Glad to see that you have the love between you and the kids. Are they home yet?

S
S
You know Scott, we should have had a beer wager on who would get done first. I still have a shot what with that 3 month waiting period and all in Mass....

You and I both know that our marriages ended some time ago. This is just the court saying it is official. Just doesn't matter and not for nothing, but you already started a new life and have new stuff in your life that is great.

Let's take a look back shall we.

Quote:
Ok...let me just start with that I'm doing a lot better tonight. Which tells me that I am getting better...normally this kind of gut punch would have me upset for a week or more...now it's a day.

I will move on and I will be fine...even great. I got to thinking today that although I do love her, I do not want to be back with a woman who can't speak her mind, who expects me to read her mind, who bottles up her emotions and holds resentment. She does NOT argue...ever. Instead she judges you and internalizes it until she hates you. She did it to me and her sister. She did it to her dad in the past and her mom. I want no part of that. She can't accept people for who they are. It is what made me misserable. I tried to fix, i tried to understand but i was shut out. So...unless that changes, I want no part of it anyway. I can't. And that is reality.

You posted this on 9/27/07. Seems to me at that point you knew where things were heading and started moving life right along.

You have a new home for you and your kids. You are a great dad with 3 wonderful children who are no longer the headache you once thought them to be (not that they are saints and an angel), and you have a wonderful, healthy relationship with a very good woman.

You and I haven't really discussed your wife, or your marriage in a very ong time. We still use them as the resource when needed, but otherwise you outgrew her a very long time ago Swashy.

This divorce is not what you wanted, I understand andempathize with that. However, you are so much happier now. You have so much strength now. You are a much better father and friend now.

I would say that in the grand scheme of things, this has been a blessing in disguise for you and a huge loss for the woman that you once loved long ago.

Quote:
Once again, I find myself thanking everyone here for their support as my M nears its end. So THANK YOU!!!

No Swashy, thank you for letting us be a part of your journey and for giving me personally a wonderful friend and brother..........

Ian

Last edited by sofaraway; 07/24/08 06:43 PM.

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard