Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
I
I
Good to read that all is well.

F
F
AG,

Perfect post to me on your last post. It was a bad night here. I posted about it. I AM NOT devastated by it like I would have been in years gone by/ Thanks for the constant moral support!

Last edited by FLTC; 07/21/08 02:30 AM.
P
pat44 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hi FLTC:

I am glad I was able to help.

take care,
AG

P
pat44 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hey Soup!

I actually had an ENTIRE weekend off! I was actually suppose to do my first long walk as a part of training for the charity walk this weekend - but it rained every morning - including today so I decided to be a little less type A and just take the weekend off and relax.

And my bulge is GONE! \:D And all my normal clothes fit again! Finally after almost 2 1/2 months of working out - I am starting to see results!

I am also socializing more with the people of Indian heritage I met at the last seminar and it feels better than the rich housewife group. There is less or no alcohol and less talk about sex - and more about politics and current events. And no one hits on me. I am gaining a new appreciation of my heritage. The other part of my social group is through work.

Work - I am actually glad the extra work didn't come through b/c I was so busy "catching up" so I would have the bandwidth to take on the new work - that now I have breathing room. I am actually ALL caught up at work.

And Kitty Kat (he is 2.5 years old) is being so adorable. He copies everything Picasso does (10 year old cat). Picasso and I go for walks and he literally follows me. Kitty Kat has decided that he too loves walks so I look like a cat woman with two cats walking with me. They run and play and respond to me when I call to them to move on! LOL! We actually walked 0.5 miles together on Sat. Kitty Kat needs to lose weight - so we will be walking more!

A new Whole Foods has opened close by. I love Whole Foods - I think I spent at least and hour or two wandering through the aisles. And I finally found those reusable mesh bags you can use for produce - so I no longer have to use plastic bags for produce. It has been my goal to eliminate plastic bags from my life - this brings me one step closer. \:\) I am liking this hanging out with like minded people thing. They offer cooking classes every week. I am going to add that to my GAL.

I went to the mall and bought FOUR pairs of sandals b/c they were on sale. \:\) I usually buy stuff in bulk and do this every 3-4 years. It was so nice to have money again. The last time I bought sandals was 4-5 years ago and felt so guilty - this year didn't even look at the price. Well they were on SALE so I am assuming the price was right! \:o

And I finalized my selection of my new bedroom sheet set. I am going to buy it as soon as it goes on sale. Then I will paint my bedroom - order that headboard I have been eyeing for a year. And in February - buy a beauoooootiful plasma panel for my bedroom. I saw the OLED screens - I might have to wait till they are larger and come down in price. The picture is just incredible!

And I even had time to garden! This weekend felt like it was endless! There was a time I actually sat and twiddled my thumbs wondering what to do b/c there was no list!

Ever since I decided that I am different from the mainstream and am going to set my goals to accommodate my "being different" - life is just so much nicer.

I am eyeing that yoga retreat site you sent me - I might have to squeeze in a real vacation - it is in such a beautiful part of the country.

Life really is good.

How are you doing? How is Ellie? How is your kitty doing? Is he eating?

take care,
AG

I
I
Ellie & I are both fine. Got back on Wednesday from her family cottage. Weather was good and the swimming was so so. Water temperatures were fine but the wind wasn't. It's always good at the lake with her large family there. We're going back uo for the August long weekend. Should be another fun time.

Jayce is not doing so well. Still losing weight. We took him to the vet on Saturday and they're puzzled with the current throid drugs. They're calling in an expert from Toronto. I have to drive him back to the vet tomorrow afternoon. They may recommend a radiation treatment (very expensive) but we won't know until after tomorrow. In the meantime he's as lovable as always. \:\)

P
pat44 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hey NMD:

It is always fun exchanging posts with you!

The cardiologist is 40 something and M to a 40 something woman that is a partner at a large law firm but works from home so she is there for her kids. They just had a baby a year ago.

The last I talked to lawyer friend - he is still single. He was doing the "I am an LBS and W hurt me" so I am going to "date for fun to feel better about myself" thing. I suspect if he ever gets M again - it will be a woman that works with a comparably high income.

In either case - I told both of them their behavior was beyond juvenile and smacked of a lack of self esteem. For me it is much easier being direct with male friends than female friends. And they actually listen and respond - not so sure why men get such a bad rap for not listening... another post for another time perhaps...

Quote:
The gold digger who wants to "cash in" on a better lifestyle because she chooses not to work for it herself.... The world is truly a pathetic place.....

My entire floor in my dorm were women that went to college to H hunt. The sororities were all about mingling with the "right" fraternities that provide the best H material. I rubbed off on my roommate that joined a sorority when she first came to college. She had a huge KD sign on her side of the room. As a joke, she put up a MRS (mew ro sigma) sign up on my side of the room - outlined in toilet paper.

When I was an engineer - women I met in aerobics, etc. wanted to hang out with me b/c all my friends were male single engineers back then. Many of them M men they met through me.

I have had GF's date men (that they knew they had no interest in purusing an R with) just to go to a nice restaurant they could not otherwise afford - or date men (that they had no interest in pursuing an R with) just so they would pay for a vacation to take them somewhere they could not otherwise afford.

I was always confused by this - so I prefer the company of my male girlfriends and female friends with incomes. It is a different mindset that is relatively more compatible with my own comfort zone.

I think many women believe that they bear the children - and nothing compares to that - so they are entitled to being "taken care of." Not so sure what my GF's that work and bear children are entitled to - they neither get alimony nor child support for their "sacrifice." But then again most of my friends that work do not view having children as a sacrifice. I know for me it will be a gift and a phase of my life I am looking forward to - it will be my privilege to have them in my life.

And let me tell you, I tried the artificial insemintation thing a couple of years ago and men also have the right to place a dollar value on their "contribution." I was paying a small fortune for what most women get for free from their H's!

Quote:
What I am really writing is I believe many of these women just see their Hs as an ATM......

Yes - sadly they do. It shocked me when I went to these rich housewive gatherings a year ago and women spoke of it so openly. That is why I moved away from them...

They also seemed to view my job - as a side thing that anyone could do really. I was somehow less of a woman than them b/c I was not M and didn't have children. Actually they viewed me the way they view their H's contribution to their M - as not so significant compared to what they ontribute...

Quote:
In my new M, we share all of the duties..... That signifies what a M should be about.... A partnership.....

I agree. That is what I want in my next R. We share or hire someone to do the duties. That way both people have an appreciation of what the other person is doing. The pre-nup will be there - but really in a "shared" responsibility type of M - that really should not be a big deal.

take care,
AG

P
pat44 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Quote:
Jayce is not doing so well. Still losing weight. We took him to the vet on Saturday and they're puzzled with the current throid drugs. They're calling in an expert from Toronto. I have to drive him back to the vet tomorrow afternoon. They may recommend a radiation treatment (very expensive) but we won't know until after tomorrow.

I am so sorry to hear Jayce is not eating. Radiation - do they suspect cancer? Please keep me posted on how he is doing and give him lots of snuggles on my behalf.

take care,
AG

I
I
I'll let you. They haven't said anything about cancer but that'll go on my list of questions. Cheers

N
N
Originally Posted By: AG II
I think many women believe that they bear the children - and nothing compares to that - so they are entitled to being "taken care of."

AG,

The funny thing is they never consider what their H brings to the table....

He probably spent four years in college......

Plus..... $50,000 or more spent for school tuition, fees, room, board and books....

Plus .... 3-5 years working through the "entry level" positions to really make some money....

His "reward" is to work 50-60 hours a week until he dies at his work desk?

She carries the child for nine months and she is done? It sounds like a bad deal for the H....

No wonder women live longer than men in general... Their stress levels are much lower.... Managing house is very different than working 50-60 hours in corporate America...

Before anyone goes there, I was a stay at home dad and full time student who did EVERYTHING in M #1 from washing, cleaning, shopping to handling the finances... exW #1 went to work and that was pretty much it... My "time off" was going to class... Even in the evenings, I was still "in charge" of taking care of our S.... While it is not a cake walk, it is easier than corporate America... So, I have been there, done that, got the t-shirt...

Take Care,

NMD

Last edited by No_More_Dodo; 07/21/08 10:33 PM.

"Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years. That is what makes a marriage last --more than passion or even sex!" - Simone Signoret
N
N
AG,

Another thing...... While interviewing candidates to be my new wife, I found some women who wanted children and talked of how "difficult" it is to be a stay at home mom..... I said I have no problem doing MORE THAN my fair share.... I WOULD be a stay at home dad to allow them to work full time.... I WOULD GLADLY take that burden.... It was interesting how quickly they would back track...

Take Care,

NMD

Last edited by No_More_Dodo; 07/21/08 11:05 PM.

"Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years. That is what makes a marriage last --more than passion or even sex!" - Simone Signoret
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard