Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 26 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 25 26
J
OP Offline
J
lol

I booked my first session for tomorrow at 2:30pm with Vernetta...now I'm getting nervous for 2 reasons...1. the cost of the phone call (i hope XH doesn't see the bill because he'll be wondering why I called the US and spoke for almost an hour \:o and 2. what am I going too begin with since there's so much to say.

Jen *The more anger towards the past you carry in your heart, the less capable you are of loving in the present*

The end of the DB road
V
V
((((((Jen))))))

L
L
Make an outline, and then stick to it.

<~~~ career student seriously knows what she is talking about lmao

Im still standin better than I ever did looking like a true survivor feeling like a little kid Im still standin after all this time and Im picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind..

J
OP Offline
J
$400 for 3 sessions plus 3 calls at full rate from South America I sure hope this pays off. I guess it's a small price to pay for unlimited returns ;\)

I'm really looking forward to it because this is a chance to really talk about the issues in English. I love my IC but sometimes the language barrier doesn't help.

Last edited by JenInVen; 08/26/08 06:00 PM.

Jen *The more anger towards the past you carry in your heart, the less capable you are of loving in the present*

The end of the DB road
J
OP Offline
J
I assume she'll have a lot of questions too right?

The end of the DB road
I
I
Hey Jen,

I'm a huge fan of the DB coaching sessions. The board is great for advice, but the coach can quickly get an idea about things you haven't tried yet, things you might be doing wrong, can help you see things from H's POV etc., at least that was how I found mine. I don't know what will happen at the end of my own situation, but I really think without my coach there wouldn't have been any chance as she helped me get an insight into my own behaviors that were damaging the R.

Can you get a phone card for your call?

Also, don't worry about what to say. The coach will quickly cut to the chase and get out the most important bits.

Please post right after you have your call tomorrow!!!

ITH

Me:34 H:36 M:5 years T: 8 years
Bomb: 07/17/08 I want to be separated for 6 months--I don't know what I want the outcome to be
S 07/28/08-11/08/08
Living together ~7 months D Possibly busted?!?!!!
S
S
Don't worry Jen....it will go smoothly. I would tell you about mine but I really think that in order to give her a full spectrum of the situation her questions need to be answered "off the cuff" if you will.

There is a lot of food for thought and have a pen and paper ready. I wrote down all the pointers and eventually followed them. It was a scary leap because she really wanted me to set up boundaries but I have talked about all this before.

I sometimes see your husband as a cake eater....not because of the ML thing but with the daily stopovers and phone calls not pertaining to your business or daughter. He's to intertwined in your life to really get a good perspective of what being Divorced looks like. He needs to see that maybe. Just my opinion and I know it's scarier than hell.

M:47
M:18
D16, S19
1st S 1/08-5/08
Reconciled/May 7, 2008
Left again Nov 9, 2009
I Filed: Nov 17, 2009
Final: April 14, 2010
EX walked away from kids too

J
OP Offline
J
ITH...thanks for giving your input about the coaching! Thank goodness she'll get to the heart of the issue because I think I'd mamble a bit. I'm so looking forward to it!

A phone card is an excellent choice...I didn't think of that! It'll be so much cheaper and XH will never know I was on the phone for an hour to the US...perfect!

I'll post ASAP tomorrow.

The end of the DB road
J
OP Offline
J
Hi Sandy...thanks! I'll make sure I have a pen and notebook ready tomorrow to take notes. That'll be much easier than trying to remember everything.

I think my XH doesn't want to hurt me anymore than he has and is trying to support me. I think he might be a bit of a cake eater too because he gets the best of both worlds.

The end of the DB road
J
OP Offline
J
Today I have not called and sent only 1 text to XH. He's been signed into Google Chat most of the day and I haven't sent him a single message.

So far so good \:\) He'll be here with D tonight while I'm in class and the plan is not to invite him to stay. In the past I've walked to the door to say goodnight but tonight I'll sit on the sofa or maybe be busy washing the dishes when he leaves. I think I won't walk to the door anymore to say goodnight (even thought thats how we've inched to ML before).

The end of the DB road
Page 11 of 26 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 25 26

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard