Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
N
N
Ok, this is crazy. W wants to get together to talk. Subject unknown, but she says she has ' a lot to talk about'.

I hope for the best, but I am afraid of disappointment. She has been much 'softer' towards me lately, with the hug on Saturday, and in a short phone conversation we had today, which was about a potentially incendiary subject re: who should have taken care of some after-school paperwork that is way past due.

We avoided a blow out. I texted later I knew it was a hassle, and to plz not be mad at me.

She called back to say it was taken care of and sounded very soft and vulnerable. As if to say, 'I'm not mad at you....' without saying it.

But anyway, I am really a bit worried. Very suspensefull. Don't want to get hopes up to be let down.

News flash: She just called and we've arranged to talk Tues. night at her mom's house. Hope to God this is going to be good news. This IS the first real R talk, as everything up to now has been an attempt to justify her misery and her decision to leave.

But this could be more of the same. I just don't know.

In the call, she asked me about some jobs I had applied for and had a lead for a job at the University that pays quite well. I told her I would be very interested in applying, as it is in lie with my educational/professional background.

This has been a sticky point for us, ie: me having a salaried job that compensates for both of our incomes so she could quit work or change jobs and alleviate the stress of her situation.

This is almost unnerving. I feel like a fool to hope for good, but every indicator is positive.

I will update everyone.

Me 47, W 32,D 6,
Met 11 yrs. ago, M 7
Bomb 4/08/08, Sep. 8/10/08, Div. 8/10/09

N
N
So, I am on pins and needles tonight.

W may just want me to sign seperation papers. Maybe just about all the crap related to her wish to be financially independent
( like getting her name off the mortgage - the only way to do that is to sell the house.)

It could really be anything, but I'm hopeful bc of the things I mentioned above. Can't stop thinking about it.

If you've been here b4, any advice appreciated.....

Me 47, W 32,D 6,
Met 11 yrs. ago, M 7
Bomb 4/08/08, Sep. 8/10/08, Div. 8/10/09

Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard