Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15
A
ACJ Offline
A
Quote:
ACJ, you have responded to your sitch with such grace. Continue to give him unconditional love and in the end you will be blessed. You are the winner here because you have maintained your dignity and standards, but also because you have shown an unlovable person true love. He will eventually see this and his regrets will be intolerable.

Thank you Trusting.

I don't intend to do anything about moving on completely until the D is final but once it is I think I will be allowing myself the ability to find a new partner if that is what I want (and one comes along of course!). I don't think I will ever remarry though.

Me 43
XH 45
M 2.7.88
Divorce 7.10.09
Kids D20,S17 & D15
G
G
Hi trusting thanks for that advice.....i know I have dont the dress to kill thing..i think mostly becuase h told me i did not take care of myself...and anyone i tell that comment too....is floored....i mean i did put on sweats sometimes after work and i guess he hated that...but my other thought was my attoreny said his attorney is trying to make it look like i am into money....so its made me leary......maybe i should put a mouse brown hair rinse in and thick glasses, oh i am just kidding..but i am wondering if i should go there looking all hot....his attorney mind u looks like helen hunt...and she is one of those women who walks in a room and thinks all the men are looking at her....i dont know if u knpow what i mean...but thinking about the whole experience is quite daunting i will do my best to appear calm....look hot...but poor....becuase i am poor now after 3 years of this hell and going through all our money we took a life time to save....thanks and please keep posting your story....my h is very withdrwan right now and has been every since the temporary support orders have been in place since april before that it was spend money from the savings and not pay me anything....financial ruin...now he is mad at me for putiing temp orders on him...i honestly believe he thinks we should have just split and he takes everything all his toys and i get the pots and pans and go away!

F
F
Grace don't worry about what to wear to court. I think looking slightly pathetic is not a bad idea!

M: 16 years
Bomb 4/07
OW 20s long gone
Divorced 11/09
I remarried New Guy
Cooperative r w/X regarding D

C
C
hi t- thinkin' of you tonight. i had to see xh at softball (low and behold he showed up!) i was light and a teased him a bit -- he was nice and distant -- like i expected. (he brought his one friend his "protector".)

you were on my mind because of how well you handle yourself when you are around your x.

thank you for being such a great example!!

M-20 years/BOMB 12/24/06
Moved out 3/12/07
D final 7/30/2008
finding myself again

T
OP Offline
T
Ex very strange again, what's new

My daughter left some things she needed over at his house. She called him to drop them off, and DROP them off he did.

He pulled up in the garage and threw her stuff in the garage and spead away. He acted as if I had cooties.......

Me: 46 H:44
Together: 25 years
Married: 20 years
Separated: 11-30-06 Divorced 12-21-07
OW: EA began 2005
PA began end of 2006
3 children,20, 16, 6
ex asked for forgiveness
01/16/11

G
G
hi trusting.....how weird this all is ....i mean getting the divorce really means nothing u still have to deal with them..and u would think ok if you go to the place of thinking they got their divorce got what they wanted and now they still seem so miserable and angry????

I know how u feel weary...and embarressed by their actions and I also dont like thinking about the example he is setting for the kids like its ok to leave. Theres just no words sometimes

F
F
Trusting, This is interesting behavior, given that he had confided in you how miserable he was.

He is deeply ashamed. That is why you are hard for him to deal with, don't you think?

As far as any way to help them feel less ashamed, I do not know.

Just ignore and enjoy your beautiful kids...

Bomb 4/07
OW 20s long gone
Divorced 11/09
I remarried New Guy

T
OP Offline
T
Breton and Grace,

All of this is something else isn't it. We tried to help them before it got this far, but they just would not hear us. Now they are ashamed, like you stated Breton. Some are way too ashamed to ever come back. It would take alot of swallowed pride.

Grace you are right about the example they are setting for their children, horrendous. Will they ever see it? Will other woman?

Me: 46 H:44
Together: 25 years
Married: 20 years
Separated: 11-30-06 Divorced 12-21-07
OW: EA began 2005
PA began end of 2006
3 children,20, 16, 6
ex asked for forgiveness
01/16/11

F
F
Trusting, I think your H is very ashamed and embarrassed.

I think that it is possible that he will open up to him again, but much of that will depend on how much compassion you can muster for him.

D@mn hard, I know.

Bomb 4/07
OW 20s long gone
Divorced 11/09
I remarried New Guy

S
S
Infidelity often causes the split, but Pride is the sin that makes the split permanent.

Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard