Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
I
I
You are so right BND.... I have just been in this journey for 1 1/2 yrs....I think letting go and grieving for our marriage... crying out to God on our knees and getting in the word of God has been the only way to survive this...

I have just now recently totally let go.... it was the hardest thing i have ever had to do... but I did it...when you finally let go there is a heavy burden that has finally been lifted off of your shoulders.. at least for me that is how I feel..an inner peace...as a matter of fact.My H has moved in the O/W and that is when I knew I had let go because this is when I had that peace inside of me.....

I actually spoke to him today concerning child support and our daughter....we had a very nice talk....like friends should talk...after all we started of as friends....I asked him if he was happy with his new life and he said yes....and it did not hurt.....just a different talk felt good...

I told him I was still praying for him and our marriage.. and he said he was still praying for me too...

I cant understand all this inner peace I have but I do know I have it..... that ever happen to you????

I feel good right now in my life I still miss him...think about him from time to time but not like I was before my peace..

I guess I have grieved over my old marriage...and have started a new chapter in MY NEW LIFE...without him for now...I know that I know one day all this will come to pass....and I will be a better person....a better mom...grandma....and hopefully by God's grace a better wife.....thanks for all you do in here....God will keep blessing you for your kind words and support....have a Blessed Day In Jesus Name

M-53
H-46
M-24+YRS
BOMB-10/14/07
2-S
2-D
Grandkids-7
Greatgrand kid-1
He needs space...
Wants to start fresh new life W O/W
Moved in his O/W Oct.08
I
I
You are so right BND.... I have just been in this journey for 1 1/2 yrs....I think letting go and grieving for our marriage... crying out to God on our knees and getting in the word of God has been the only way to survive this...

I have just now recently totally let go.... it was the hardest thing i have ever had to do... but I did it...when you finally let go there is a heavy burden that has finally been lifted off of your shoulders.. at least for me that is how I feel..an inner peace...as a matter of fact.My H has moved in the O/W and that is when I knew I had let go because this is when I had that peace inside of me.....

I actually spoke to him today concerning child support and our daughter....we had a very nice talk....like friends should talk...after all we started of as friends....I asked him if he was happy with his new life and he said yes....and it did not hurt.....just a different talk felt good...

I told him I was still praying for him and our marriage.. and he said he was still praying for me too...

I cant understand all this inner peace I have but I do know I have it..... that ever happen to you????

I feel good right now in my life I still miss him...think about him from time to time but not like I was before my peace..

I guess I have grieved over my old marriage...and have started a new chapter in MY NEW LIFE...without him for now...I know that I know one day all this will come to pass....and I will be a better person....a better mom...grandma....and hopefully by God's grace a better wife.....thanks for all you do in here....God will keep blessing you for your kind words and support....have a Blessed Day In Jesus Name

M-53
H-46
M-24+YRS
BOMB-10/14/07
2-S
2-D
Grandkids-7
Greatgrand kid-1
He needs space...
Moved in his O/W Oct.08
I
I

M-53
H-46
M-24+YRS
BOMB-10/14/07
2-S
2-D
Grandkids-7
Greatgrand kid-1
He needs space...
Moved in his O/W Oct.08
B
OP Offline
B
Unveiling the Hidden
Jeremiah 33:1-3

Every decade, it seems as though there's a fresh crop of books on the topic of communication. We can walk down the aisle of any bookstore and take our pick from the many volumes dedicated to public speaking, preaching, verbal delivery, and even interpersonal communication. Learning how to speak is definitely a big industry these days.

What tends to be lacking, however, is good teaching on how to communicate with the Lord. Too often, we take what we learn about mass communication and try to apply it to prayer. We carefully craft each word of our petitions, laboring over every phrase and peppering in some fancy "biblical" words like "thou," "thee," and "shalt." Sometimes, we seem to believe that it's possible to unlock the mysteries of heaven if we just learn how to phrase our prayers.

Friend, this is a misguided approach. We should never come before God's throne with the presumption that we just have to find the right combination of words in order to get Him to speak. The power is not in what we say, but in what He says. Our role in prayer is not to impress the Lord with our fine phrasing and fancy vocabulary. Rather, it is to cry out to Him, to express our needs, and then to listen. Sadly, we often miss out on what God wants to say because we're too busy doing all the talking!

This week, take a different approach to prayer. Practice solitude and quiet meditation in your time with God, and open yourself up to what He may be telling you.

There can be no testimony without a test.
I am praying to go through this test and come out the other end with a new and better marriage then before.
T
T
BND
Just wanted to say hi and have a lovely week. (((HUGS)))

H
H
Amen to that!

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
xH remarried (not OW) 2012
B
OP Offline
B
God's Three Answers to Prayer
Matthew 7:7-11

Too often, believers view almighty God as a great cosmic Santa Claus in the sky: we think of our prayers not as petitions, but as demands. Then, if God does not grant our request, we're thrown into a faith crisis, believing He no longer answers us. The real problem, however, is that we misunderstand the Lord's three answers to prayer:

Yes. We love this response! There's nothing more exhilarating or faith-inspiring than watching the Lord move mountains in order to provide what we once saw as impossible.

No. Here is where the problems begin for us. But we must accept the fact that God says "no" to some of our requests. This is certainly not because He's greedy or uncaring--on the contrary, He is generous, loving, and concerned about His children. Matthew 7:11 does not say God will give "everything to those who ask Him," does it? No, it says that the heavenly Father will give what is good to those who ask. Quite often, giving "what is good" means that He doesn't agree to things He knows are wrong for us.

Wait. This answer can be even harder than a flat-out "no." Yet some things that are good and right and godly may still be wrong for us today. Remember, God is eternal; He sees all time at the same time. If He regards tomorrow's blessing as a curse today, He'll withhold it for a season until we're ready to receive it.
Friend, do not be misled if God's response is not what you expected--or wanted--to hear. Instead, praise the Lord for answering our requests the way He knows they should be answered

I am praying to go through this test and come out the other end with a new and better marriage then before.
C
C
God is always looking out for our best interest. Because he can see what we can't. Thanks for sharing this BND

Last edited by craig54; 11/04/08 09:24 PM.

m-54
w-44
children-4
bomb-sept 21 2007
t-21
m-20yrs
bomb-sept 23 2007 divorced but not giving up hope, not yethttp://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubb...rue#post1224023
I
I
I respect you very much....and I dont want to cause any disrespect.But the word of God does say he will give us whatever we ask for in prayer..I have been reading the bible daily and this is what I see....if I am wrong please point me in the right direction...
Please dont take this the wrong way...I am new at reading the bible and at standing....but I read Matthew 7 vs 11 and it seems to contradict these other scriptures...
Could you clarify????
I know you are not a preacher or anything... at least not that I have seen that you are in here...but I do know you have been in Gods word alot longer than I have...
Just trying to make sense of all the different scriptures

It says in Matthew 21 vs 22
If you believe... you will recieve, WHATEVER you ask for in prayer.....

John 14 vs 14
You may ask me for ANYTHING in my name and I will do it...

M-53
H-46
M-24+YRS
BOMB-10/14/07
2-S
2-D
Grandkids-7
Greatgrand kid-1
He needs space...
Moved in his O/W Oct.08
B
OP Offline
B
Irmat,

First of all, please don't ever think that by having a difference of opinion you are disrespecting me.

I think it is great that we can discuss these things together, like adults.

Quote:
If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children,how much more will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him!

It is my interpretation from these scriptures, that God is NOT a Genie. As our Heavenly Father, He will not always give us what we want if He doesn't feel it is the best thing for us.

For example, if you prayed earnestly for Him to give the OW a deadly disease so she would die and your Husband would come home, do you honestly believe that God would give you this, just because you asked?

There have been times in my life that I have prayed earnestly for something to happen for months and months. And it didn't happen, but instead something else happened which was better for me. Does that make sense?

There is also a whole other issue with prayer, especially when it comes to another human being. God also gave man free will. We can pray for another person, we can pray for their salvation, we can pray for them to return to the Marriage, but our prayers do NOT guarantee anything other then Gods will be done.

I want to wrote more about this, but I am very tired right now, and if it is OK with you, I will finish this tomorrow.

Have a great evening.

(((hugs)))

Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard