Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
Kalni #1663247 12/02/08 04:01 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Well, Today marks the thirteenth anniversary of the day my DH and I stood in front of a church full of our friends and family and promised to love each other--for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, til death do us part.

Well, I am not dead and neither is he.

We had already been married eleven months when we had our church service. We got married in January that same year, while he was home on leave. Matter of fact, DH called me about a month before he came home and suggested we get married quietly, by the JOP. D17 and I had no medical insurance and had both been sick, he wanted to make sure we were taken care of, and he wanted me to be his wife sooner, rather than later. Deposits had been made already on some of the wedding preparations, so we decided to go ahead and still do the church service, too. We did not make the January wedding common knowledge There are members of our family who still do not know that we were married before December 2nd.

This anniversary was always the one we really celebrated. After the January wedding, H left 4 days later to go back to Iceland for 9 more months. We were married without all the perks ;\) so this one always seemed more like the real deal.

I sent him a card for our anniversary. I do not know if he got it. All I do know is that where he is, it is now almost 8pm and he has not acknowledged our anniversary at all.

So, I am sad. I miss him horribly and the littles have been really acting out because they miss him, too.

I did talk to him about D9, finally, VERY EARLY Saturday morning-- like quarter after midnight. We talked for 45 minutes. It was a good conversation and had some future musings about his plans in the Navy. Do the plans include me? Who knows.

Two songs for me today. This one is how I will make it through--

While I'm Waiting

This one will be played at our vow renewal ceremony.

After All These Years

I believe in the promise God gave me last summer of our beautiful beachside service. I need to get serious about losing some more weight, cause I was thinner in that dream.

Do not be sad for me, but be sad for my DH--he is missing out on so much because he is gone and because of the choices he has made. Pray for him and our family.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through
every circumstance.
I Corinthians 13:7

N
N
hey SMV...you're gonna be ok. you already know that. just keep focusing on the positives......stay strong girlie....

ME:32 WAW:31
D #1: 3.5 D #2: 2
Together: 13 M:6
Bomb Dropped: 2/15/08
Sep legally: 6/18/08

"Tommorrow there'll be sunshine, and all this darkness past..."
-Bruce Springsteen Land of Hope and Dreams

E
E
see you sound better..

must have been my southern charm, wit and candor..

and I'm assuming the twang and drawl helped out too ;\)

B
B
Hey sis, happy anniversary, I am sure you are feeling today just as I do with it being my bday, soooooooo see god does do things, he knew we were both gonna be sad today, and he brought us together so we wouldnt be alone!
i love you!!!

hmmmmmmmmm M southern charm eh? hehehe

M 36
XH 34
3 children
If a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand. Mark 3:25
"your mood swings are giving me whiplash" twilight
ALIVE FREE AND HAPPY 2010

K
K
Okay, thanks for telling us what made you sad today...

Hugs and Kisses and wishes for you to really celebrate next year your anniversary with your H, happy and in love and consider all this as a bad dream...
xxx
K

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: M from Tennessee
see you sound better..

must have been my southern charm, wit and candor..

and I'm assuming the twang and drawl helped out too ;\)

I AM better and thank you for being there Mike.

A friend of DH's and mine is furious and she wants to explode at him via email. I think I have her under control for right now.

Having all the support here is really helping me a lot and I am thankful for all of you.

Need to feed the boys lunch, will be back later.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through
every circumstance.
I Corinthians 13:7

T
T
{{{SMW}}} You know what..I had to think "wow" when I read your note, my hub and I did that too..as far as having 2 weddings, we got married a few months before our "church wedding" for similar reasons, he was in the Marine Corps and would have been leaving in January and didn't want to have the paperwork taking too long for me to be covered while he was gone, so we, like you, had a "secret" service and a for real service \:\)

Another similiarity is that I totally want a vow renewal service beachside too..I can totally see that happening and I just want it small and beautiful..

Also, that While I'm Waiting song has gotten me thru more days than I could EVER explain or tell anyone!

So hugs to you today, I just had to comment on how similar things were in those regards..YOU are wonderful and BEAUTIFUL and are strong and a blessing \:\)

Tawnya

Me:39
H:40
D18/S12
M20/T21
Bomb 10/11/08
One
Two
Three
Four

Tawnya #1663542 12/02/08 08:12 PM
G
G
SMW, I'm praying for both of you today.
For better or worse, until death. Such a big promise, when we fall victim to Free Will again and again.
You are a good wife. God has, and will continue to bless you abundantly. Peace.

S
S
SMW you are in my prayers as well. Try and keep your head up and stay strong.

M:39
H:39
K:S14;D8
T:22yr
M:15yrs
S:12/28/07 EA/PA
3/14/08 OW preg
11/17/08 born
12/12/08 his
~~~~~~~
Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard