Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
Maya44 #1683592 12/30/08 09:44 PM
J
J
BND,

Her whole leaving the nest and the subsequent and almost mandatory fights with the parents might have been put on hold during the whole MLC... which means it might be happening now. Which is much better than say....when she is married and 30-40ish.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

Must be something in the air...I am having major issues with S21. You described exactly how he acts with and talks to me terribly. In fact yesterday was the worst day of my life. I had to tell him that he can't come back to our home. He is going to have to stay with his dad. He is talking to me horribly and has an uncontrollable temper. I deal with it anymore. He needs counseling and keeps refusing to seek it. It breaks my heart but he needs a reality check and living with his dad may accomplish that.

I know that I am doing what I need to do right now and that our relationship will get better eventually but I can't make it alright to continue to disrespect me. Good luck!

Everything happens for a reason, maybe Dad needs to find that it isn't better out there, he needs to realize how good he had it here. Maybe he will find God and that is the most important thing when he finds Him he will know he is supposed to come home.
B
OP Offline
B
HAPPY HAPPY 2009 TO EVERYONE HERE!!!!

I pray that this year will bring with it an abundance of love, peace and joy.

(((((hugs)))))

There can be no testimony without a test.
I am praying to go through this test and come out the other end with a new and better marriage then before.
P
P
Happy New Year!

B
OP Offline
B
What a way to begin the new year.....

D20 sent me a text inviting me and her Dad out for dinner....her treat.

I was out at the time and she called her Dad and for some reason they got into a huge yelling match....

And....

She reamed him out for his MLC and for being gone for 2 1/2 years and for all of the crap he put our family through.

He said he had to go and hung up.

She called me crying.

We had a long talk while I was in Borders, but I listened to her and validated and told her that she still needed to be respectful to her Dad.

I told her she was very brave to talk about that stuff with him and that she needed to finish the conversation with no expectations of him.

So....

She called him back, and they talked.

He apologized, and asked for her forgiveness and told her that he was very sorry for hurting her and that he was ashamed of his actions.

So, now we are getting ready to go and join her for dinner.

My Husband has not mentioned any of the conversation he had with her, but I am sure he wil during the long car ride up there.

WOW!!!!

Will wonders never cease........

I am praying to go through this test and come out the other end with a new and better marriage then before.
G
G
Happy New Year BND. I hope all goes well with D20.

Me 50
H 42
S 22
S 9
D 7
M 12
T 17
H moved out 8/2006
H moved home 1/2007 for 3 weeks
H moved home 5/2011 for good

"Learn from yesterday ~ Live for today ~ And hope for tomorrow"
P
P
Wow, BND that was some post!

I love the way you handled the situation and I like (well, sorta) the way your H handled it too. Would love to hear how things shook out, when you have a chance.

poet
(who would like to hear your comments on my latest thread post too, if you get a chance).

M
M
We were both texting while both of us were at dinner? Sorry abou that! \:\)
I too love the way you handled that call. When you said that D is being disrespectful to you, maybe all the MLC stuff is just catching up to her since this convo with your H just took place too.

B
OP Offline
B
We had a nice evening with my Daughter.
We kept things light and fun.

I hope this was the begining of something good.

Thank you for your prayers!!

F
F
(((BND)))

I hope you had a great start to the new year. Glad to hear things went well with your daughter.

God bless,
Trapt

Don't stand still.
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard