Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
T
T
Hi BND,
I hope your cold is better today. Enjoy your rest in front of the TV. Take care.

B
OP Offline
B
Finally......

We have power and heat again.

Last Thursday night an ice storm hit and knocked out power lines and trees. Our little Town has been at a standstill. The dept of power said that full power won't be restored for up to another 10 - 14 days.

They have set up a shelter in a local church as many lost their homes. A neighbor had a tree go through his roof!!

My chicken coop prevented a tree from going through my house, as it was balanced on the corner, and had to be removed and cut down by a tree guy. He said that it would have gone through the house and caused a lot of damage.

My 2 older kids away at College also had to be evacuated as the generators were working overtime.

The temps have been low, and we have snow again.

The kids school has been closed since last Thursday, and they won't be returning until January 5th.

My H and I and the 6 younger kids all stayed in one room upstairs as my house got to be 40 degrees indoors.

We have had one helluva week, but we survived and hope to try and enjoy the rest of the holiday season.

Sending huge ((((hugs))))

BND
X

There can be no testimony without a test.
I am praying to go through this test and come out the other end with a new and better marriage then before.
M
M
BND:

Thank goodness you are all okay and that nothing happened to your home.

I was wondering how long you would be without power.

I can't even imagine.

One year, we had a major summer storm which knocked out power for about 3-4 days. You would think summer sounds better than winter but when it is 110+ degrees outside, you had better get to a cooler location!

I hope that your power stays on.

The Bomb: 08/05
H moves out: 06/2006
H moves back: 01/07 & Out again: 01/07
H moves back: 03/08 & Out again: 04/08
H moves back: 05/09 & Out again: 07/09
Divorced 08-12
Kids: 22, 20, 19
M
M
I'm glad to hear you all are ok!

A
ACJ Offline
A
I'm glad God was watching over you and your family and kept you safe.

Me 43
XH 45
M 2.7.88
Divorce 7.10.09
Kids D20,S17 & D15
Y
Y
BND

Thank goodness you all are okay!!! God was watching over you and the family!

Y

T
T
Hi BND,
I am so happy for you and you family that you are alright after the ice storm. I saw it on the news.

I would like to wish you and your family a merry Christmas and a very happy and healthy New Year. (((HUGS)))

Truelove #1683523 12/30/08 08:45 PM
B
OP Offline
B
It is almost 2009, WOW!!!

I am DB-ing again, but this time it isn't my Husband it is my D20, she will be 21 next month.

She has turned into such a rude and disrespectful person, and I am the target of all of her spew.

Nothing I do is ever good enough for her, she looks at me with such contempt and speaks to me as if I am totally beneath her.

She recently broke up with her boyfriend, who cheated on her. I didn't like him anyway, and told her that when I first met him. I did keep my mouth shut and one day I got a call telling me that I was right about him.

During the relationship she was in she had decided to share all of our family's dirty laundry regarding the MLC episode and all of the crap our family had gone through.

I did receive a phone call from the little [censored] telling me that I ought to be ashamed of myself for allowing my Husband to put our family through hell and then allow him to come home again. He told me that I was the one who caused all of S20's issues.

And yes I did tell him what I thought of him at that time, and told him that we could have this conversation in 20 years after he had experienced a little more growing up.

I remember being her age, and I also thought I knew it all, but I was Married, and I had a child and another one on the way. I didn't have parents to help me out of my messes.

Perhaps I have spoiled her, maybe I overcompensated when my Husband was gone, I have no idea. She was an amazing support to me when I was alone with all of the younger kids, she helped me out so much.

She has always been a really great Daughter, she gets good grades in College,she has always worked, doesn't do drugs, doesn't drink or smoke or sleep around. She is very loving to her siblings and lately she and her Dad have been getting along much better.

She and my Mother have been emailing back and forth about me. My Mother is very manipulative and also has a mental illness. I have never really shared all of the details about my Mother with my children, as I thought they would eventually figure it out on their own when they are older.

My Mother has never gotten over her Divorce from my Dad, which was almost 40 years ago. To this day, I am not allowed to mention him in any way. The bitterness she holds onto is so ugly, and at times very scarey.

My Mother knows that D20 and I have been having issues and she is using it to her advantage. She even promised to send D20 money.

I am not sure what happened to my wonderful daughter.

I would appreciate your prayers and advice.

Happy New Year to all of us..........

There can be no testimony without a test.
I am praying to go through this test and come out the other end with a new and better marriage then before.
S
S
awe Faith, I am really sorry to read this. I know you and her were doing so great during all of this.

I think you hit the nail on the head though, DB her. You know the routines here. Patience and a good attitude is all you need here.

Ian

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

sofaraway #1683572 12/30/08 09:31 PM
M
M
I too remember being her age. Hopefully she's just trying to throw around her new found independence from being away at college. But DB'ing her couldn't hurt. \:\)

Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard