Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
B
OP Offline
B
Focusing on God or Obstacles?
Numbers 13:25-14:10

The Lord gave the Israelites a commission to go in and possess the land of Canaan. The people needed a separate place in which to thrive as a God-centered nation. And He chose an exceptionally good country for their development.

So at the Lord's direction, Moses sent 12 men to spy out the land. What a surprise when ten of them returned with frightening negative stories. All that these spies could see were the obstacles to taking ownership.

However, Caleb was certain that they'd "surely overcome" (Num. 13:30), because he was focused on God's promises rather than the obvious difficulties. He based his confidence on God's words to Abraham: "To your descendants I will give this land" (Gen. 12:7).

The people didn't share Caleb's faith--tales of giants and fortified cities scared them. Ordinarily, those would have been obstacles worth fearing. But the Israelites served a God who had proven that He could overcome anything: He'd parted the Red Sea to facilitate their escape from Pharaoh. And He fed them for two years in the desert.

Focusing on obstacles distorts our vision. Problems seem to loom so large that we can't see to take the next step in faith. In reality, if God has called us to do something, the only hindrance is between our temples! He has already planned a way around, over, or through any barriers that might lie on the path to fulfilling His purpose.And when we, like the Israelites, give in to fear and refuse to move forward, we miss out on the great reward found in doing God's will.

There can be no testimony without a test.
I am praying to go through this test and come out the other end with a new and better marriage then before.
P
P
Thanks BND for that last post about overcoming obstacles. Just what I need to read at the moment. You always commeth out with just the right words.

forever,
poet

T
T
Hi BND,
Just wanted to wish you a good week. (((HUGS)))

B
OP Offline
B
I am sooo tired...

I was up really early this morning because I had to drive my Husband to the airport.

He will be gone for 2 weeks.

The timing is so bad as we are short staffed at work and I have nobody to help me with the kids. I know I shouldn't complain, or whine.

I know he is coming home again, but these business trips are becoming more and more frequent, and it is never at a convenient time.

I am praying to go through this test and come out the other end with a new and better marriage then before.
T
T
Hi BND,
I hope you will find the time to rest a bit. I am sorry that your H's trips are very inconvenient and hope that his schedule will change in time.

Have a good week despite it. (((HUGS)))

B
OP Offline
B
Times of Trouble
Psalm 46:2-11

During this life, hard times are inevitable. Some watch a loved one suffer and die; others are wrongly accused or mistreated. Then there are people who endure crippling ailments. The range of human pain is broad, but there's only one place of true comfort.

Today's passage speaks of great calamities, some due to natural causes and some caused by men (vv. 2, 6). We often feel bewildered during such trials, but verse 10 tells us where to turn: God's followers should be still and remember that He's the sovereign Lord of the universe. In our world of cell phones and deadlines, it's hard to stop for even a moment. But the key to dealing with difficulty lies in trusting the One in control of all things.

Instead of trying to manage the situation ourselves or pointing a finger in blame, we should actively wait, watching for God to move and trusting that He will act on our behalf (Isa. 64:4). This involves taking time to be alone with our Father--crying out to Him, meditating on His truth, and listening.

Human instinct urges us to take matters into our own hands; in contrast, the Lord requires that we patiently and expectantly wait upon Him. He also tells us to surrender what we think is right and instead submit to His plan. Unless our focus remains steady on Jesus, circumstances can overwhelm us.

What is your response when trouble arises? You can choose to accept difficulty as a blessing by letting it deepen your relationship with Christ. Whether your current circumstances are good or painful, take time to be still before the Lord

B
OP Offline
B
OK........

I want to know why it is that when my Husband is away I am super organized.

The house is clean, laundry is done, and everyone is on time to all the places they need to go.

Dinner is made on time, the kids are calmer and better behaved.

Homework is done.

Chores are done.

I am not getting "it", whatever "it" is.

My Husband works from home so I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.

I feel like I am getting into some type of a rut here and perhaps I am too close to the situation to see what the problem is.

HELP!!!!

L
L
Well, could it be that he is messy?

Im still standin better than I ever did looking like a true survivor feeling like a little kid Im still standin after all this time and Im picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind..

T
T
Hi BND,
Could it be that H says one thing and you another and the kids don't know who they should listen to? Other than this I have no explanation.

Have a lovely week-end. (((HUGS)))

Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard