Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13
B
OP Offline
B
Got a call from D20 today.......

She has decided to change her Major...

In High school she had wanted to become an Orthodontist, but when MLC hit our home she was afraid of not being able to complete her schooling, so she settled for Spanish Communications.

So.....Now we are back to being an Orthodontist.

She will be meeting with an advisor next week.

I am happy, but she is going to be in school for another 6 years or so. I sure hope she realizes that!!

There can be no testimony without a test.
I am praying to go through this test and come out the other end with a new and better marriage then before.
J
J
BND,

Life is life, good bumps and bad ones. Its how we deal that makes it Life what it is to us. And you have a pretty decent one, don't dwell in the past certainly, but its ok to look back at it and judge how much better it is. : )

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

((((((((hugs))))))))))

Love Cinders xxx

"In the depths of my winter, I realized there is within me an invincible summer" Albert Camus

http://miesblogspot.blogspot.com/
A
ACJ Offline
A
Kalni,
I think I must have joined the 'official' group then b/c it does show in my profile (or at least it did until I deleted it) and also there is the obligatory photo of Michelle on there. So guess I need one of you to invite me to join your 'secret' group

Me 43
XH 45
M 2.7.88
Divorce 7.10.09
Kids D20,S17 & D15
T
T
Hi BND,
(((HUGS)))

C
C
BND,

What your wrote about Abraham was so right on in my situation, on my way to work today, I told the Lord that I think I had blown it.It was not anything major, but something just did not feel right. I had bought my own car insurance, it is the only bill we have divided up other than her apartment rent. I was frustrated and impatient and wanted to move the process along. Kapow!!!!

m-54
w-44
children-4
bomb-sept 21 2007
t-21
m-20yrs
bomb-sept 23 2007 divorced but not giving up hope, not yethttp://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubb...rue#post1224023
B
OP Offline
B
We have all done those things...
We get tired of living in limbo and get to a place where we really don't care anymore,and just want things to move one way or the other!!
Rock the boat......BUT don't tip the boat over.....ya know what I mean?

I am praying to go through this test and come out the other end with a new and better marriage then before.
C
C
Yes, I understand , I need to pray before I do anything rash.

m-54
w-44
children-4
bomb-sept 21 2007
t-21
m-20yrs
bomb-sept 23 2007 divorced but not giving up hope, not yethttp://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubb...rue#post1224023
B
OP Offline
B
I like the 48 hour rule.
I would write it all out and save it to draft.
I realize now that most of my "bad" reactions and rash decisions were based on emotion.
The more I detached, the less I got caught up in the MLCBS.

Our MLC'er can NOT be our focus, or our reason for living.
Yes, we love them, we want our Marriages saved, BUT we are also worth something, we are the prize, NOT them.

Keep working on you, keep living your life, and sooner or later they will come sniffing around.

B
OP Offline
B
To Forgive or To Blame
Colossians 3:12-17

It's not my fault" is a prevalent attitude in our culture. To avoid responsibility for their own actions, people blame others: "I wouldn't yell at my kids so much if my own mother had loved me more" or "I wouldn't speak unkindly about my boss if he showed me some respect." Resentment wells up until the victim is blind to everything except how his life is impacted by someone else's hurtful deeds. Then casting blame is easy. But God has a challenge for believers: Forgive those who wound you.

The Lord's Prayer mentions several of God's duties but lists only one for believers: to forgive debtors (Matt. 6:12). The metaphor of debt describes sin well. A wronged person often feels that the responsible party owes something, such as an apology or compensation. But by showing mercy to one who has sinned, you stamp his or her obligation to you "paid in full." Reparations and retribution are no longer required.

Sometimes our wounds are so deep that forgiveness does not come easily. Remember that Jesus bears the scars of others' sins, too, and His Holy Spirit enables believers to carry out this difficult task. While your debtor may have done nothing to deserve grace, choose to give it anyway, just as Jesus did for you

When God forgives, He remembers wrongs no more (Jer. 31:34). That doesn't mean that a transgression magically never happened. Instead, the Lord refuses to use past wrongs as a reason to punish His people. He set the pattern of debt cancellation. For the good of our spiritual life, we must follow His example (Matt 6:15).

Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard