Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
M
M
GG:

I know you want your h home--we all want that. The timing just is not right--yet. Hang on and be still. It will all work out.

The Bomb: 08/05
H moves out: 06/2006
H moves back: 01/07 & Out again: 01/07
H moves back: 03/08 & Out again: 04/08
H moves back: 05/09 & Out again: 07/09
Divorced 08-12
Kids: 22, 20, 19
G
OP Offline
G
Thank you MWG. I did tell h that ex was calling, he seemed fine with it. He calls to talk with s20, but he is usually at work or sleeping, so he usually chats with me for a few min.

Nothing major, just stuff that is going on in his life. It's like chatting with an old friend. It's weird though I do remember getting so uptight about all the things my ex h did 14 years ago, now it's just a shrug oh well.

Maybe this is my reminder to not sweat the little stuff with h too.

Me 50
H 42
S 22
S 9
D 7
M 12
T 17
H moved out 8/2006
H moved home 1/2007 for 3 weeks
H moved home 5/2011 for good

"Learn from yesterday ~ Live for today ~ And hope for tomorrow"
G
OP Offline
G
Not much going on here. H will be over on Sunday. He did say something like if I get all my work done then he could come over on Saturday. No word from him about that though.

It's ok I have plans today anyway. Well S20 might not be moving out so quickly after all. Since him and his friend don't have much established credit the security deposit is steep.

S20 is amazed at how much everything is costing him. I am sure this is a wake up call, that hey living at home aint that bad. Now I was all prepared for them to be moving. I was actually liking the idea of gaining 2 rooms back, but now we will just have to wait and see.

They are going to try another apartment complex and see what kind of luck they have.

I work on Sunday, so h will be here then.

Me 50
H 42
S 22
S 9
D 7
M 12
T 17
H moved out 8/2006

M
M
GG:

Times are really, really tough and I can sympathize with your S. When I wanted to rent an apt. back in the late 70's, at least I could afford it and it was about $300 per month. Now there is so much more expenses.

The Bomb: 08/05
H moves out: 06/2006
H moves back: 01/07 & Out again: 01/07
H moves back: 03/08 & Out again: 04/08
H moves back: 05/09 & Out again: 07/09
Divorced 08-12
Kids: 22, 20, 19
T
T
Hi glamgirl,
I also see a lot of positives with your H. So just be patient and hang in there. I know we always want everything to change immediately but unfortunately, life isn't that way.

Take care and have a nice week.

job Offline
GG,
I'm sure that you were looking forward to your son and his friend moving out, but at least they have good sense to know that they can't afford some of the apartments that are out there. They are very expensive these days, i.e., just about the same as a mortgage payment in many instances.

As for the xh, I do hope that he'll start leaving messages for his son and will not continue to talk to you about his problems and/or asking for advice. Isn't he remarried? He should be talking to his wife about such things. Set your boundaries w/him early on. It's okay to chat w/him, but please do not get sucked into his drama as you've got a lot on your plate already.

I do hope that your h will listen to his doctor and follow his/her advice completely. I hope he showed up on Sunday, but if he didn't, I'm sure you were okay with that as well, since you were working. It takes such a long time for them to come out of the fog and to realize what they had was actually what they were looking for all along.

I hope that you have a pleasant week!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
G
OP Offline
G
Thanks for all the good advice. H did not come over on Saturday, but I had no expectation that he would. He did show on Sunday and called me around 11am after he was at the house and asked if I was coming home for lunch.

I came home for lunch. H said he was going to come on Saturday late afternoon and then he just felt too exhausted, so decided to rest instead.

After work we had dinner together and h suggested a movie - Ghost. Now h is really not the romantic mushy movie type. His idea of a movie is blood, guts and gore, so his last 2 suggestions have been Ghost and Grease. He might be doing that for me. Not sure.

Unfortunately I took some cold med before we watched the movie and zoned out in many parts, but I couldn't help it. I cannot let this cold get the best of me.

It was interesting h started telling me about his new Dr. He said Glam you would like her. She is a born again Christian and she started telling h how he needed to find God. Many Dr's would not go out on a limb like that.

It was interesting how I found that Dr for h. I went through his insurance for Dr's in the area and each one I called either was not accepting new patients, or they were booked 2 months out.

When I happened to call her office, she had an opening and accepting new patients. Go figure how God works. H was not offended by her suggestions. I just find the whole thing ironic.

H will be here today around noon to watch s7 since he is home from school today.

Me 50
H 42
S 22
S 9
D 7
M 12
T 17
H moved out 8/2006

P
P
Quote:
When I happened to call her office, she had an opening and accepting new patients. Go figure how God works. H was not offended by her suggestions. I just find the whole thing ironic.
Glam, This is amazing. God sure has a way of working things out and of helping your H find Him. I am so happy to hear this!!! Many positives.... God is good.

PH's Thread
G
OP Offline
G
PH you are so right. God is amazing.

H came over on Monday. We had dinner together. He helped with the kids baths and tucking them into bed. He also did some laundry and helped the kids clean their room.

H gave me a nice hug and a kiss goodbye. After he left a few minutes later he called and said thank you for everything I have done. I just said thank you h for all that you did today. I really appreciate it.

He also said he was going to be staying up all night to finish some work. He text me around 4am and said he was still up working. I text him around 430am and said I was on my way to the gym and wished him a good day.

I think for the first time ever, he called me around 6am just to wish me a good morning and to say hi. I was shocked. This was a first. You don't know how much that call meant to me.

Then he called just before dinner this evening just to let me know how his day went.

He won't be over until later on Wed. I have afterschool care lined up for s7. We have MC on Thur.

So far a very positive week. Everyday at the gym as I am walking or running I am just praying for my h.

Prayer does work. I can only hope and pray that my h will return home. Keep the faith!

Me 50
H 42
S 22
S 9
D 7
M 12
T 17
H moved out 8/2006

M