Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15
D
D
FIB, I am praying for your baby. Please let us know as soon as you can how she is.

F
OP Offline
F
Thanks to all of you. I was in my office yesterday when the school called me. D5 slumped over in her desk and fell to the floor seizing. She has had 2 prior febrile seizures but all were heralded by a high temp. Yesterday, the seizure came first.

When the school called, I was told she didn't have a fever, but, in the ER, she was 102.7. That was a relief because without fever, it would be looking more like a seizure disorder. She got Motrin and fluids. All tests negative. She went home with us.

STBXW was communicative..to a degree. There was no blame game. We were functional together. I just love it tho' how I am referred to as "D5's father". Well...I have to get used to that. She actually offered to bring some dinner home for me.

Wow.

What bugged me was that MIL showed up at the ER. I obviously didn't have much to say to her. When we arranged for a doctor's appt. for D5 the next day, STBXW asked MIL to get S8 off to school.

Whoa!

Am I invisible???? I said unnecessary and waived MIL off. I TOLD XXX to take D5 to the doc and I would get S8 off to school. Sheesh.

W slept upstairs. I slept on the couch with D5 and gave her her Motrin and Tylenol throughout the night every 3 hours. Not sure why she didn't offer to help out or set the alarm and come downstairs. She DID tell me she sent one of those famous fruit baskets to the school 'from us'. I took a another route. I wrote a letter to the superintendent of schools asking them to recognize those that helped our daughter (yes...I included XXX's name and did not use exclusionary words).

Stressed.
FIB

Me 55; XW 47; 2 kids (S13, D11)
Bomb 05/19/06 Original thread http://tinyurl.com/yg2ou2t
Last anniversary 04/25/10, Divorced 5/12/10
J
J
So your daughter is ok? Nothing to worry about, no disorders?

All is well with your children?

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

C
C
That is great news about your daughter.

m-54
w-44
children-4
bomb-sept 21 2007
t-21
m-20yrs
bomb-sept 23 2007 divorced but not giving up hope, not yethttp://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubb...rue#post1224023
D
D
FIB, I am so glad your daughter is ok. That has happened a few times with my 8 year old niece if she got a fever. Hasnt happened the last two times. So hopefully it will not happen again.

My first thought about your w not helping out with daughter and sleeping upstairs was there is not freakin way that I am not with my s if something like that happened.

But maybe she feels ok because you are a doctor?

Was d alright with mom not being with her?

Hang in there, my friend.

F
OP Offline
F
I think she knew that I would be all over D5 with the meds that night. Also..she knows that I am trained to get up in the middle of the night for emergencies. I think she just left it to me. She is in school, too, so, that is a big priority right now.

D5 will need a neurological evaluation but I am sure it will be negative..as was S8's neuro eval.

I will admit that the stress with this is tough. Having to be with your STBXW under those conditions...is not easy. Being referred to, under those conditions, as 'the children's father', is belittling but I can deal with that. Afterall, it's the truth.

I just need to hang on financially until this is done. I wish I could refinance again but that is impossible for obvious reasons. FIB

F
OP Offline
F
I'm burnt. Last night...2 days after a seizure...my W wanted to take my D5 out to a Cub Scout dinner with 100.2 fever...in cold misty weather...because she promised her she could go. Despite my urgent requests not to...she drove off with her.

I called her back on her cell with a tone that you would all understand....'bring her back right now'.

I stopped her.

It wasn't pretty.

My D5 spiked higher to 101.4 and stayed home with her sponging her forehead and giving Tylenol and Motrin.

I just don't understand it. I don't. I don't understand it.

I did put out an emergency call to my L and I spoke with her today.

I just don't understand it. Why?

FIB

D
D
Oh FIB, I am sorry. Your wife really is lost and confused. She is not the mother your kids deserve right now.

It really angers me to think that she is so self-centered and mired in anger that she would risk harm to her child.

That is a mindset I cannot fathom.

L
L
fib, I haven't ever posted to you but wanted to say hello.

I am sorry your daughter hasn't been feeling well. Thank goodness it was the fever that brought the seizure on, hope she is better soon.

I wanted to 2nd you on this one:

Quote:
I will admit that the stress with this is tough. Having to be with your STBXW under those conditions...is not easy. Being referred to, under those conditions, as 'the children's father', is belittling but I can deal with that. Afterall, it's the truth.

Last fall, one month before our divorce, my D4 was hospitalized overnight for dehydration due to a nasty flu. Me, xH, and poor sick D4 in a small ER room for 10 hours. Yup. Not fun. Both of us walked out in scrubs due to bodily fluids that was escaping D4. It was just weird to be in such close contact with xH, passing D4 back and forth and things like that. I left the room to change out of clothes into scrubs, and xH did the same. People kept coming in the room referring to us as spouses, which we were at that point. I didn't correct anyone, neither did xH.

Anyway, I babble. But your quote above stuck a chord, because xH and I used to work so well as a team with our sick children, and now we still do better than others, but its bumpy.

Take care.

F
OP Offline
F
Thoughts wanted.

In spite of this past mess by my W, she called me yesterday telling me about wanting to schedule my D5's birthday party at a movie theater. With pizza added on and goody bags, it looks like this will exceed $400-500. She has no clue re: money.

W: BTW, I still have the two receipts for the birthdays that you didn't pay me for.

Me: XXX...you may look at those receipts as 'stiffing' you. I look at it as paying bills to keep a roof over our head (each time I had asked her to make a small pizza party at home).

To all my friends...I think it is time to let XXX book her own BD party...and I will have a separate one for D5.

Thoughts?

FIB

Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard