Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 61 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 60 61
S
S
He only can't stand you at the times he can't stand you. The rest of the times, you're fine. And besides, it has nothing to do with you.

B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted By: Sara
He only can't stand you at the times he can't stand you. The rest of the times, you're fine. And besides, it has nothing to do with you.

Thanks, Sara! I know in my heart that 95% of his problems/issues/whatever have NOTHING to do with me. I guess I just still let it get to me that HE doesn't own up to it. But if he did, we wouldn't be here, right? Duh wink

Just spent 2 hours in the yard. I love mowing and weeding. Very much like therapy for me, you start with an out of control mess and wind up with beauty and order...for a few days anyway. smile

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Dan sent a text this morning. Just letting me know they were okay, eating breakfast, ready to go fishing. Um, ok. There wasn't a question so I didn't send back an answer.

Tried on half my closet last night, sorting clothes for back to school. Getting excited! I am down 9 pounds so far, not a lot but enough that some tight clothes aren't tight anymore. smile

So I went ahead and put a picture up on Match. I know it is too soon that I am not ready yet but I consider it a GAL/PMA activity. Have gotten a few emails already. Only replied to one guy and we have traded a couple messages. Nothing serious. But nice to know there is a life out there if I decide I want one... wink

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

S
S
BBJ,

I know many others will say it is too early for you to date. I think it is a good idea for you to pursue this in whatever time frame you feel comfortable with. First of all, you have spent years trying to work with Dan and his weird personality, to no avail. You need to stop beating your head against a brick wall, and see some sunshine in your life. And secondly, if there is anything that may influence Dan, it will be seeing you really move on. But I am not saying to do this to make Dan have a response. I'm just saying that it could be something that Dan will respond to. At that time you will have a choice to either continue with the divorce and find love with a new man, or going back with Dan. And it is better to have a choice, than to have no choice. Right now, you have no choice. If you start dating, you will have the ability to choose to love a new person, and perhaps the choice to go back with Dan.

K
K
Bbj,
I dont think it is soon. You've been without caring and love (not to mention sex) for sooo long.
I will go check your profile, LOL
K

PS I checked POF the other day, there are some pretty weird looking guys from my country as well. Greeks are just not into olnine dating, yet.

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
D
D
Exactly Sara... I was trying to find a way to say that moving forward, out of limbo, is different than moving ON. But this journey is the way to go no matter where you end up.

The beauty of this course of action is that it doesn't matter if you decide you are "in" or just want Dan to eventually find the tools to be a role model for his son and father to a daughter.

Either way you need to just get out of his way so he has one less voice in his head to deal with.

~Happiness is for the brave...
V
V
(((((((BobbiJo)))))))

I agree with our friend DiDi. I have always really preferred moving Forward to moving ON. And I think that's what you are trying to do. I think it kind of helps to know that there are some "normal" people out there, when the time comes. I think we know it in our heads, but it's nice to see it with our eyes.

B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Oh crap...

Cute guy on match just asked if he could take me out for drinks next weekend....

Crap!

I am married, but separated. Says that right on my profile. Dan and I are talking 'details' tonight whatever that means.

Is it wrong that I want to go? Too bad THIS was h's weekend with the kids...

Crap!

eek grin grin wink blush eek crazy confused

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

S
S
I vote yes.

I vote yes, too. Surely you can find a babysitter?

Now, going for drinks doesn't mean anything you don't want it to mean. Be clear, be direct, be honest and just enjoy the attention. When my H and I were having issues, I had a male friend who just lavished the attention on me...and I ate it up it felt so good. It helped me remember who I was and that H wasn't the only fish in the sea. It helped with detaching.

So good, enjoy a drink, enjoy some conversation, and have a good time.

SD

Me: 40
H: 43
H had EA from 2/06-9/06
Bomb 5/06
Piecing since 9/2006
3/2008: Boundary setting
7/2009: Boundary crossing~dropped my own bomb.
8/2010: Marriage finally on track!
Page 18 of 61 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 60 61

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard