Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 61 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 60 61
V
V
(((((((BobbiJo)))))))

It sure sounds suspicious, especially with his history.

I guess what I am thinking comes down to this... some might agree or disagree...

If you would still absolutely say "yes" if Dan said he wanted to try (as the pigs fly over....), then I think waiting to actually "date" is the way to go. But it's a personal choice, and I sure won't beat you up over it! Besides, with your new skills, you'd probably whoop me!

I may just be jealous of "cute guy on Match"..... smile

E
E
wonder what old Dan is biding time for??

see something is up.....

take control...go on the offensive..

B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted By: M from Tennessee
wonder what old Dan is biding time for??

see something is up.....

take control...go on the offensive..

Mikey

Love your VOR. What are you saying here? Am I thick. I get the part about go on the offensive. But what did you mean re. him biding his time and something is up...

Jeff

I don't know what I would do. If he just said he wanted back, that doesn't mean anything. If he took decisive actions, measurable steps, etc.....I don't know. But he has never done that, even last year when he wanted to move back in and agreed to Retro. It was me giving him the guidelines then, he never genuinely, on his own, offered up any evidence that he was "all in" so to speak.

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
K
K
I think Dan is again, meeting his needs elsewhere.

Cant you just go out with a man and NOT make it a big deal? I mean, how are things over there? Casual dating is in or out?
K

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
M
M
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BBJ!!!!

Hope it's a fabulous one!

Dan is up to his old tricks. You know that in your head even though your heart hates to hear it.

Biding his time? I think Mike might have meant something along the lines of Dan is biding his time in that he likes the status quo, he's comfortable with having no forced legal responsibility and only has to do what he wants to do. As long as there are no legal papers then he doesn't have to pay up what he should (based on his income instead of the 'kindness of his heart') or have the kids for specified amount of time. I could be totally off, but I really think Dan is nothing more than a selfish prick!!! Sorry, just how he comes off to me.

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I think it can absolutely be casual. This man has 2 little ones, and so do I. His ex was a lying cheat (according to him) that he stayed with to try and keep family together until it wasn't doable anymore. So I doubt he is in any hurry to get serious and neither am I.

Once upon a time, a date was just a date. Not a lifetime commitment! It seems like in the US more and more a date is either a hookup/booty call or the first step to a serious relationship. I don't want either. I just want the fun of hanging out for a couple of hours with someone who makes you laugh and smile instead of fume or cry...

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
M
M
Quote:
I just want the fun of hanging out for a couple of hours with someone who makes you laugh and smile instead of fume or cry...

Amen sister!

Where oh where does one find one of those? smile

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

V
V
No idea... smile

A
A
Happy Birthday BBJ!!!

Hope you have a great day and a nice dinner with your parents.

Me47
H46
S13
M16
Piecing since May/09

"Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it." Lou Holtz
S
S
Happy Birthday BobbiJo.

Dont forget to update the age in your DB signature line.

Match.com will update your age automatically.

Originally Posted By: BobbiJo
Once upon a time, a date was just a date. Not a lifetime commitment! It seems like in the US more and more a date is either a hookup/booty call or the first step to a serious relationship. I don't want either. I just want the fun of hanging out for a couple of hours with someone who makes you laugh and smile instead of fume or cry...

I'm meeting a new lady this weekend myself. She is really nervous and I told her to just not think of it as a date, but more as an introduction.

The buffet line takes time to go through. Dont just fill your plate with one big steak. Variety is the spice of life. Dont let the steak know that you are also trying out the pork chops, fried chicken and mashed potatos.

Page 21 of 61 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 60 61

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard