Originally Posted By: newmama
P I think I misunderstood? I think I forgot the original reason for letting MIL know you are still committed to your vows was because you were worried about rumors going around about you and D's mum. So now I think of the 180 you've done from being needy and now you are confident and strong, so not bringing it up makes sense.

I think we both forgot newmama. The original reason was to let MIL know that my vows are still intact and I am not seeing anybody else (D's mum or otherwise). However it became clear that I was actually trying to communicate with W through MIL covertly.

Quote:
Is that the only reason you would ignore D's mom? In case W comes back? Then no.If it were to not lead D's mum on, then yes. But if you are being crystal clear that you are only platonic maybe it is safe to keep hanging out with her....
(just checking that slippery slope :))

Myself and D's mum have discussed this and we are nothing but friends and won't be anything else. She is actively chatting away to a guy she met online too and I'm supporting her in that.

Quote:

I hate to say it but as long as it isn't misleading D's mum, I seriously think it's FANTASTIC that your W's friends saw you having a blast and it happened to be with D's mum!!!

Me too. Sort of.

You see W and D's mum hate each other. W said that D's mum is the one woman she could never trust me with (why I have no idea given the apathy between us in the past). Now she probably thinks we are back together. The other side of me think I really don't care what she thinks she knows - I know the truth. My vows are intact and I am not committing adultery or having an affair. Swings and roundabouts.

The last few days have been tough for me as I have posted in here. I think I may have worked out why.

I'm going through a period just now where all I think about is W. But not in the present tense. I am thinking about all the good times we had. The little memories of our life together. Little things here and there. Dreams etc. It's all building up and getting on top of me emotionally so to speak.

I did read somewhere many months ago that 'nostalgia' is another step on the ladder? From memory it's somewhere near the end (2-3 steps from the end). Don't know if this is true but there you have it anyway.

The rollercoaster still goes on but I feel the peaks and troughs are longer now than they were before. Before it was up and down very quickly.

Me 36, W 34 | D 8 | M 3.5y
Sep 2Aug09 | Left 6Sep09 | OM in 10Oct09 | NC 17Nov09 | Gave up caring - Jan 2010

"Have integrity. Do what is right, not what is expedient."
"Delay is the antidote for anger"