Today I will be divorced.

Today, a part of my life will end.

Today, a part of my life will begin.

It's my turn.

peace
bridge

Divorced 03/2010
Mom to two amazing kids

Taking the road less traveled because those encountered on the way may be just as unique.

http://tinyurl.com/ybqkan8 = Current Thread

B
OP Offline
B

Divorced 03/2010
Mom to two amazing kids

Taking the road less traveled because those encountered on the way may be just as unique.

L
L
whoa - i just realized you registered BEFORE I did?! What's up with that?

Divorced: 10/26/08
B
OP Offline
B
By that point, I had been lurking for about 6 months, I registered to post a response to some LBS who was lambasting his WAW.. then chickened out.

My first post was not until 6/2008.. almost 7 months later.

LOL

Not sure what the record between registering & the first post is.

Divorced 03/2010
Mom to two amazing kids

L
L
well, i think you're in the running wink

Divorced: 10/26/08
A
A
Hey Bridge.

I don't know how long it's gonna take until we feel whole again, but I am certain that healing will come. We gotta keep going in the right direction, we gotta stay committed to going forward, we gotta realize that what we feel is normal, and we gotta realize that we 'have to' go through a process to recover.

We gotta realize also that our feelings are temporary and not always rational, no matter how strongly we feel them.

Rebuilding our lives and embracing our singleness again is gonna be different! Any future relationship is only gonna be as good as what we bring to it.

Good luck

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." - William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830's.
C
C
Quote:
Today, a part of my life will begin.

So where are you headed?

You can handle it.

Cheers
Coach

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
L
L
Hi Bridge.

With the finality of the divorce begins some defined healing.

I have read a little of your sitch, and because of the abuse, don't necessarily think of you as a WAS, but as a survivor of something greater. Kudos for you to know that to become that survivor, you needed to be able to survive. Getting out sometimes is the only way.

I am a multiple marriage survivor (yeah, let's not do THAT again) with the first being an abusive marriage. I thank God for giving me the strength that many don't.

I like your attitude...today is definitely a new chapter. Allow yourself to grieve and close the old.

(((Bridge)))

Im still standin better than I ever did looking like a true survivor feeling like a little kid Im still standin after all this time and Im picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind..

B
OP Offline
B
Just getting ready to head back to see my D15 this week-end as she advanced to the state competition for speech contest.

To answer Coach's question:

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost

Happy Week-end & Peace
Bridge

Divorced 03/2010
Mom to two amazing kids

C
C
Quote:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost

Where I went to college that is the quote on the inside front cover of the school's handbook. I took a very different road in college, my education helped me DB.

Cheers

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard