Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 86 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 85 86
F
OP Offline
F
Sorry, I haven't replied. I've been concentrating on work. It helps.
But thank you so much, guys.

Great, great feedback. Feeling really confident I can go through this.

I'm having a meeting with the company director who I have a very good relationship. He's been really kind and concerned for my well being in the past. I'm asking him if the company would be willing to sponsor me in the event that my W takes my residence card away.

I'll reshape the the plan accordingly and post it.

Separated: March 1 * Affair discovered: 20-March * Exposed: 27 March * Def. separation: May 1st *

sitch:: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1978639&page=1
C
C
Originally Posted By: Gnosis

Frac,

Originally Posted By: gucci loafer
Everything looks good to me except the part about exposing to your wife. I would let HER call me after she finds out that you exposed to his wife and sister, etc..

I agree with the above BECAUSE OF THIS:

"I know I haven't been the perfect husband but you are having an affair, so don't blame me for that. That is totally YOUR doing and I am not apologizing for that."

You save a trip to meet with her and use less words that could trip you up in the future. The less you say to her the better.

Agree with this. Now is the time of little words and lots of action. And never ever say sorry to anyone for what your doing. What you are doing is right.

Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul.
unconditional love is awesome!
F
OP Offline
F
Everything looks good to me except the part about exposing to your wife. I would let HER call me after she finds out that you exposed to his wife and sister, etc..

I'd still expose to her family, even if I don't expose to her right?

If she's that mad she'll probably just call me, won't want me to come over.

so, what about the things I left behind at the appartment, should I expect her to burn them? wink

Last edited by Fracesc; 03/23/10 03:56 PM.

Separated: March 1 * Affair discovered: 20-March * Exposed: 27 March * Def. separation: May 1st *

sitch:: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1978639&page=1
C
C
Yes expose to the family.
Yes she will be angry
Yes she will call you.
Yes you will state you are doing this to save the marriage. Tough love. Regain respect.
You will not apologize or say sorry

Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul.
F
OP Offline
F
Thank you very much, chatterbug.
Again, incredibly helpful.

I need to work on speech to family. AND WHEN? After wife calls me?

Update on visa:
Work's top man told me the company will stand 100% behind me. The gears to sponsor me have been set into motion. Even if it takes time, they'll find a way to keep me employed either remotely, online, etc.

They said they'll understand if I need to take days off, etc.
Really really supportive.

One more thing off the list.

Relief.

Last edited by Fracesc; 03/23/10 05:10 PM.

F
OP Offline
F
UPDATED PLAN (V3)

Friday 26 March

1. Secure finances.
2. Expose to OM W and OM W sister. Full evidence, offer to stay in touch by email. for more. (She'll get her by 11 her breakfast her time zone or as soon as the sister arrives to her office)
3. Wait.

Friday afternoon or Saturday Morning (hopefully)

(phone has been cancelled)

4. Wife calls me and lets me have it. I reply cool, calm, and hang up.*
5. Expose family. Father, Mother, sister, cousins**
6. Go dark ****

Questions.
----------------------------------

* How can I make sure my W is "safe". Not hurt herself, etc when I'm going dark.

** Waiting for W to call changes the sequence. Is exposing the family last then? Not sure. W could have already played "victim" with them.

*** Should I then consider I lost whatever I left in the apartment? Anyway I could get something back? e.g. making an excuse and go there before friday.

**** forever?

Thanks.

F
OP Offline
F
One thing I forgot to add.

W's best friend (the one aiding her in all this and with his own affair baggage) is moving in to the country with my wife in 2 weeks.

It's just intel, can I use this in my favour? i.e. when exposing to family?

C
C
* How can I make sure my W is "safe". Not hurt herself, etc when I'm going dark.

You cannot. But when you expose to family and any really close friends you say to them to take care of her as they are friends of the marriage and you cannot.

Plus you expose quickly.... We are talking 10 minutes... Tops... I actually went to the In laws and had tea and cried and explained it to them in detail after the initial exposure

F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted By: chatterbug

Plus you expose quickly.... We are talking 10 minutes... Tops... I actually went to the In laws and had tea and cried and explained it to them in detail after the initial exposure

That's exactly why timing is crucial so, exposing to Family needs to be done immediately after my W calls me and lets me have it, right?

On the phone 10 min tops with the bare minimum details to the Family and then offer to discuss things in detail later? Is that what you did with your in laws?

Thanks!

F
OP Offline
F
**** Slight concern *****

Wife sent an email from a different email address she mostly uses for work.
I don't know the pass for that. And activity on her other email address has been lower that usual. Specially about discussing OM. She hasn't changed any passwords.

Should I worry about this? Evidence is secured, btw. no risk of deleting, etc.

Page 23 of 86 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 85 86

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard