Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 42 of 68 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 67 68
P
P
Originally Posted By: Allen A
You do things for the home you two share togther.

Do things that she would like, but that don't involve you having to talk TO her.

If there's something that needs fixed, you fix it. If something needs replaced, you replace it.

It's ok to make a plan to go out with friends and INVITE her ALONG.. THAT isn't pursuit... and it shows her you aren't detaching from her too

You can't just become the man she wants you to be.. you need to become the person YOU want to be too or all of this is just pursuit and you losing yourself in your marriage.

The object is to become someone you BOTH can respect.

If there is something you did before that hurt her, like detachment, do something different. It does NOT have to be the OPPOSITE, just different.

HOW did you detach before? Just walked out and didn't tell her where you were going or when you would be back.

This doenst' mean you have to INVITE her ALONG as your primary source of company every time you walk out the door.

You just need to make sure she kNOWs where you are and when you will come back. THAT is an improvement in you, something she will have more respect for, and there's no pursuit there at all.

I dunno, it seems like oftentimes you WANT to pursue her so BADLY right now that you are rationalizing yoruself into thinking its going to help.... we've been where you are... It doesn't help.

Bear with me here.. if SHE is sending you enough messages that she wants you to talk to her, to take her someplace, etc, then by all means DO IT and then exit.

MWD makes this point in her book. If you DO something with your spouse that's great, but YOU be the FIRST to leave.

Don't hover or hang all over the exchange waiting for her to fall into your arms... ain't gonna happen.

That's a perfect explanation of the distinction, Allen.

Puppy

A
A
Perfect as in 'Five Whistles" perfect? lol

P
P
Originally Posted By: Allen A
Perfect as in 'Five Whistles" perfect? lol

NOBODY has ever gotten "Five Whistles." (spoken like "NOBODY can eat fifty eggs!" Heck, I give out very few FOUR Whistles! lol

NOBODY Can Eat 50 Eggs!

It had a good beat, and it was easy to dance to. I'd give it . . . a 3.6. cool

Puppy

A
A
I got a five whistles once, but each post since then has been falling short...

Ah my Glory Days are all behind me now...

P
P
I must've been drinkin'. smirk

With the sheer volume of your QUALITY work, Allen, I'm thinkin' you're going to be more of a "Lifetime Achievement Award" kinda guy. The Clint Eastwood of affair-busting. grin

Puppy

A
A
Nah, I will leave you the Dirty Harry crown sir... you've definitely earned the title by now lol

(
And if your're curious... here's the reference

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1953210&page=1

)

Last edited by Allen A; 03/29/10 05:38 PM.
J
J
Again- sometimes it will be accepted and sometimes rejected... Just dont let it effect you if she turns you down...one other thing that comes to my mind- a big hick-up in my own sitch- if you two are together and there is eye contact, be wary of gazing deeply...

I did that SOOO often and it was just plain pathetic...I was letting my feelings show but W was majorly turned off- "why are you staring at me" etc...it made me feel like a creep.

Thats neither here nor there, but be mindful of it...

I say keep with the PDA (pub. display of affect-havent said that since high school...lol)...

If you get serious backlash, just back off, otherwise I think the -"you never used to do that" is a good thing

DARK
O
OP Offline
O
I am guilty of doing that... I'd stare and she would say "what? Something wrong with me? " I don't do it as much but I will certainly stop.

The past two days communication has been limited but no arguing. She basically slept and I let her and I make sure our interactions are positive.

M: 27, W: 25
Together since: 01/31/00
M: 10/4/09 (8 Months)
ILBNILWY: 01/24/10
EA confirmed: 02/10/10 (Busted).
Road to Reconcile began: 07/10/10
Retrouvaille: 09/10/10
A
A
Hold on.. there's been arguing?

you really need to get out of that trap... how do arguments happen?

She's not cheating on you... what on earth do you have to argue about?

Last edited by Allen A; 03/30/10 02:02 AM.
O
OP Offline
O
Sorry if there was a misinterpretation of my last post but I have not argued with my W since this whole sitch first happened on 01/24/10. I know better.

My wife has said some very hurtful things. She did many hurtful things and now she gives me the impression she can careless what I do but I don't EVER argue about her feelings. I suck it up the best I can and carry on.

M: 27, W: 25
Together since: 01/31/00
M: 10/4/09 (8 Months)
ILBNILWY: 01/24/10
EA confirmed: 02/10/10 (Busted).
Road to Reconcile began: 07/10/10
Retrouvaille: 09/10/10
Page 42 of 68 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 67 68

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard