Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 35 of 86 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 85 86
F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted By: Gnosis
Originally Posted By: Puppy Dog Tails
I do think, that if nothing else but for appearances, you should do this. Give her an audience, but preface it with "as soon as you start lying to me, this conversation is over."

And then follow up on that.

Then you can tell her family "I tried to talk to her, but she keeps lying to me, and I'm not going to sit there and listen to that -- it insults my intelligence, and it's incredibly disrespectful to our marriage."

NIIIICE!!

Yep, an opportunity to grant her an audience. It will be on your terms and you control the agenda. Oh, and if you want to really stir the pot... as soon as she starts lying again... simply hang up.

Ok, when do you think I can do this?
And when you say, audience that means phone only or in person?

Separated: March 1 * Affair discovered: 20-March * Exposed: 27 March * Def. separation: May 1st *

sitch:: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1978639&page=1
M
M
Frac - Gosh things got a little wild after our chat! HUGS, friend!

Me-46, D-21, S15, S13

After many years w/my head in the sand...
I FILED
Divorced 6/2011

The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.
G
G
Originally Posted By: Fracesc

That's the beauty of taking back control of your life. Whenever you feel like it... but soon...

Whichever works best for you.

You have no need to fear her. You do it when you are strong and can control your emotions.

F
OP Offline
F
Tuesday or Wednesday maybe unless thats too soon?

Now, what is this is the "Sorry you had to find that way, but we're keeping the affair going. He's the man of my life, blablha blah"

Separated: March 1 * Affair discovered: 20-March * Exposed: 27 March * Def. separation: May 1st *

sitch:: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1978639&page=1
F
OP Offline
F
Tuesday or Wednesday maybe unless thats too soon?

Now, what is this is the "Sorry you had to find that way, but we're keeping the affair going. He's the man of my life, blablha blah"

Oh and also, the why the F did you contact my family? This is a private matter, etc?

P
P
Originally Posted By: Gnosis
Originally Posted By: Puppy Dog Tails
I do think, that if nothing else but for appearances, you should do this. Give her an audience, but preface it with "as soon as you start lying to me, this conversation is over."

And then follow up on that.

Then you can tell her family "I tried to talk to her, but she keeps lying to me, and I'm not going to sit there and listen to that -- it insults my intelligence, and it's incredibly disrespectful to our marriage."

NIIIICE!!

Yep, an opportunity to grant her an audience. It will be on your terms and you control the agenda. Oh, and if you want to really stir the pot... as soon as she starts lying again... simply hang up.

It depends on to what degree you think you can convey a detached strength and hold it together. If you think you can do that in person, I think it would be MOST effective for her to see you steely and calm and detached. If you don't think you can, then do it by phone, and as Gno says, end the conversation if she starts to lie to you ("OK, we BOTH know you're lying to me right now, so this conversation is over. Goodbye.")

Puppy

F
OP Offline
F
Interesting concept that of an audience.
I need to put together a set of questions for you guys.

Wont have a script but I Do want to be prepared for this.
Should I ask questions, be interested in what she says or
just let her explain stuff.

I guess I'll depend on how that goes if I can make any demands.
Or have to deal with the "He is leaving his wife and..."

F
OP Offline
F
Ok, OM blocked me on Facebook so he obviously knows
and is hiding.

He's still friends with my wife on FB... not good news I guess.

P
P
Ok, OM blocked me on Facebook so he obviously knows
and is hiding.

Like the little predator chickenchit he is.

G
G
OK Frac,

I have a question for you...

Why the heck are you NOT out there getting a life?

Instead you're sitting here all day worrying about what she is doing and saying to everyone. This is HER problem... let her deal with it.

Page 35 of 86 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 85 86

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard