Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 36 of 86 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 85 86
F
OP Offline
F
well, i was doing well but was just the sister's call that sent me in the wrong track. I wasn't prepared for that.

That's why I am asking these last questions, because next time it's W and I want to be better prepared, specially for the "i'm still going to do this" attitude.

But that's it.

And you're right, I need to GAL more. I was really trying.
Really was.

Separated: March 1 * Affair discovered: 20-March * Exposed: 27 March * Def. separation: May 1st *

sitch:: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1978639&page=1
F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted By: Fracesc

I want to be better prepared, specially for the "sorry, that you found out. i'm still going to do this" attitude."

Any comments on this? I cant arrange an audience if I don't know how to respond to the situation as opposite as just reacting to it.

Separated: March 1 * Affair discovered: 20-March * Exposed: 27 March * Def. separation: May 1st *

sitch:: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1978639&page=1
F
OP Offline
F
Questions about audience.

1. Should I do this in a public or private place?
2. If I reply today, would it be too soon? (she contacted me Saturday)
3. What would be the main objective of this? Her telling it all? The truth?
4. How to respond to this situations:

- "I didn't know how to tell you and you've made this really easy. I love him."
- "Why did you have to involve my family? You're treating me as a little girl! I'm an adult"
- "Actually he already left the wife and kids and is coming next weekend with me. My family knows this."
- " Just accept this is over, even if I drop this guy, I'm never going to go back with you after what you've done"

-"I don't know what to do, I do have feelings for him but never meant to hurt you. I'm confused . I know what I'm doing is wrong but can't help it. I love him"

And finally

5. Should I ask or demand anything at this point? drop the affair, etc?

I'm thinking of meeting her tomorrow. Otherwise I'll be very busy for the rest of the week.

Last edited by Fracesc; 03/29/10 08:11 AM.

F
OP Offline
F

- "Why did you have to involve my family? You're treating me as a little girl! I'm an adult"
- "Actually he already left the wife and kids and is coming next weekend with me. My family knows this."
- " Just accept this is over, even if I drop this guy, I'm never going to go back with you after what you've done"

-"I don't know what to do, I do have feelings for him but never meant to hurt you. I'm confused . I know what I'm doing is wrong but can't help it. I love him"

And finally

I'm thinking of meeting her tomorrow. Otherwise I'll be very busy for the rest of the week.

G
G
Fracesc,

Seems to me that we have gone off track here....

The only exposure that really counts here is the exposure to the OM's wife. THAT is the one that is going to tell us what is going to happen.

I believe that you need to find out if the OM's wife got your message before you talk to your wife. Something isn't right if she hasn't contacted you since Friday when you sent the information. You may have to follow up on that or find some way to see if she got your message. It doesn't seem that she did or you would have heard more from your wife.

F
OP Offline
F
for all I know they could be on holiday, or even got the info and don't want to contact me or do anything about it.

what do you suggest?

should i move on with talking to my w or not then?

G
G
I highly doubt she wouldn't want to do anything about it.

As far as your wife goes, I would wait this out and let her contact you. You will have much more credibility by waiting for her to contact you again.

Hold the line here. By not contacting her she will be wondering what else you could be up to or wondering other things.

C
C
^^^^^^^

This is the correct path.

Imagination is a powerful weapon.

Use it.

Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul.
unconditional love is awesome!
C
C
Originally Posted By: Fracesc

And finally

At the beginning one of the phases you will go through is obsessing. Recognize all this for what it is.

Do not act here.

Your main goal should be the OMW. Get your message to her.

Grief has 5 stages.

Since I just pop in here once in awhile I can read it a bit more detached than the others who are offering you good advice.

But what your doing here is called bargaining.

You need to stick to the long term plan. Bust the affair.

Do not contact her.

Keep working and finishing the current plan.

And accept grief for what it is. Work through it.

Stay strong.

Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul.
unconditional love is awesome!
F
OP Offline
F
I think I'm between bargaining and depression.
I'm doing my best to get in touch with OM W but of course, I don't want to involve more people than I have to.

It's so sad, I've found out this woman has been attending seminars to get spiritual help for her marriage.

Page 36 of 86 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 85 86

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard