Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 54 of 86 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 85 86
D
D
Originally Posted By: Kimmie Lee
Whoa....that is out there, man. Like Pluto! What the hell kind of cult is she involved in???

Spiritual Amway

Quote:
Jerry Hicks was an Amway distributor in Fresno CA. . . . One of the couples (Amway was very big on married couples) that Jerry recruited into his organization . . . was Esther and her then husband Richard. . . . After a couple of years of working "closely together", Jerry and Esther left their spouses and moved in together, later marrying after the divorce dust settled.

About this time their Amway groups had begun declining, but Jerry and Esther had already started switching their revenue sources to selling tapes and seminars to their Amway down-line organization, and new followers. Jerry was doing generic 'Think and Grow Rich' seminars and that kind of thing. Jerry learned from Amway that there is always a large and financially viable number of people that need to feel involved in a warm and fuzzy clique that holds out the hope of an exclusive path to happiness, a path that is always within sight of the goal but not quite there - so you have to buy some more tapes or attend another seminar.

http://forum.rickross.com/read.php?3,21069,page=1

1st
2nd
3rd
Current
F
OP Offline
F
Thanks as usual, gang.

Pups - Ok. I will stay on track. Thanks for not letting me do something stupid and emotional (after all I'm living the consequences of my W doing exactly that)

Kimmie - What cult? Ok, I'll explain. The Universe is a place of abundance and all you have to do is .... [PLEASE INSERT YOUR CREDIT CARD TO READ FURTHER. VISA, MASTERCARD, AMEX ACCEPTED]

Gnosis - Insanity. You've got it right, that's where thinking about her is leading me. Thanks for breaking the silence to share your clarity and kick my ass back into reality, bro.

Robx - Thanks so much for that. I needed so MUCH to read something like that. Ironically, my W and I favorite film is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. You're so right.

Dudess - Amway, uh? Interesting. So Esther and Jerry were lovers. That's why they don't say anything bad about infidelity and lies. Of course.

Separated: March 1 * Affair discovered: 20-March * Exposed: 27 March * Def. separation: May 1st *

sitch:: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1978639&page=1
F
OP Offline
F
This is an update on me

I tried to get busy and GAL today. Went to the gym (really getting into it), bought fruit, vegs and healthy food, bought new gym and running clothes and shoes, went to get my first contact lens ever (this actually didn't go too well, as I couldn't learn how to get them in/out and hurt my eyes a bit, going back next week), I met a couple of girls not for dating or anything but it was just having a conversation with a stranger and flirt a little bit.

I feel ok. I should feel better. I do feel a bit guilty and all that. We used to do most of the shopping together. We always did. We used to treat ourselves equally. I loved treating her to new clothes/shoes/etc So it feels weird doing this just for me. I know I deserve it and need it. I just need to learn how to feel ok with that. It's a pattern I need to break (I'm re-reading No More Mr Nice Guy just now).

Last edited by FormelyknownasF; 04/03/10 06:19 PM.

Separated: March 1 * Affair discovered: 20-March * Exposed: 27 March * Def. separation: May 1st *

sitch:: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1978639&page=1
F
OP Offline
F
One more question regarding W (sorry).

This is a small-ish city and we live close by so chances are we'll bump into each other at the supermarket, bus, etc How should I handle those encounters?

Smile and say hi?
Just nod?
Ignore her?

And how should I respond if she:

ignores me?
tries to talk or fight?
chases me with a katana blade?

Last edited by FormelyknownasF; 04/04/10 08:56 AM.

D
D
The current situation is draining what she found attractive in him in the first place. It also enpowers the other male.

I am also a fan for doing some non-traditional things, not in terms of payback or creating jealousy, but for restoration.

Whats funny with this world, if enough social mixing and interaction with the opposite sex, but back enough mojo that the wife can find new attraction with her own husband.

I'm also a fan of knocking the OM out of the situation, I discussed in some other recent threads. It should be done or at least attempted.

D
D
She will ask for divorce. In my case, she did it maybe as a defence reaction. I didn't accepted, I did not do anything. Exposure to the OMW was enough. Limited sex thu but we are still together thru month #20 and counting.

Me:52
W:50
M:30
D:19S:27
Discovered EA:08/08 denied
W insisted on D+ILYBNILWY:08/08
Exposed wrong OMW:10/08
Found exact OM's ID 2/09
Expose OMW son, not sure OMW knows yet
25 months after still a rollercoaster
F
OP Offline
F
Good for you. Very inspiring to read successful stories. Thanks.

F
OP Offline
F
Sorry to insist but I do need advice on this. Any suggestions? Thx.

Originally Posted By: FormelyknownasF
One more question regarding W (sorry).

This is a small-ish city and we live close by so chances are we'll bump into each other at the supermarket, bus, etc How should I handle those encounters?

Smile and say hi?
Just nod?
Ignore her?

And how should I respond if she:

ignores me?
tries to talk or fight?
chases me with a katana blade?

R
R
one of my rules is not to be an a$$hole,
if they want to be, let them, you can't control them, but you don't have to be. Be civil, in fact I would be happy and say hi but don't go out of your way to find them and say hi to them, if you bump into them, say hi, otherwise go about your business.

F
OP Offline
F
Thanks, robx.
I guess if she wants to have an impromtu conversation, I'd go back to my mantras and say: "Right now, I don't have anything to say to you. We'll talk when I'm ready". If she makes a scene "I won't talk with you until we can talk in a civil manner, sorry"

Last edited by FormelyknownasF; 04/05/10 12:05 PM.

Page 54 of 86 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 85 86

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard