Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 55 of 86 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 85 86
W
W
Well, I would play it out in your mind a few times just so your prepared and calm and cool. I would not show any emotion are discuss your state. Just keep it friendly and short...life is good, no worries. Make her wonder. Be mysterious. Your're on your way to a party or something fun and out of character. No details.

Hope this helps!

Formerly SGfan
M:38
W:33
M:8 yrs
T:10 yrs
Bomb: Dec '08
Separated: 4/18/09
Divorce: 8/28/09
XW Affair began: April 08
F
OP Offline
F
Thanks, Sg. Mysterious. I quite like that.

Separated: March 1 * Affair discovered: 20-March * Exposed: 27 March * Def. separation: May 1st *

sitch:: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1978639&page=1
F
OP Offline
F
Today my W's BF (the one who has been aiding her with the affair) lands into town.I was thinking of confronting her with an email like this:

-------------------------
I know you arrive today.
Two months ago, I told you how happy I was that you'd come to this country and how welcome you were to stay with us for awhile. You see, I considered you my friend too. Today, I don't appreciate at all you been here. I know exactly to what extent you aided my W in her affair with a married man. I know you think, that's what friends do, support each other. Don't fool yourself, you're not supporting her. You are helping her to lie, deceit and destroy two marriages and the lives of innocent children. How sad it is that you didn't learn from your own mistakes. How did your affair help you? 4 years of depression and alcoholism and now you're fleeing the country? Is that what you want for your best friend? Well, make no mistake, I will take every measure to prevent this to happen to my wife and my marriage.

If there's any dignity left on you, stop poisoning my wife immediately. If there isn't well, I only hope you can live with your conscience.

----

What do I want to achieve from this?

1. As my wife hasn't contacted me and is trying to 'forget me' this is a measure to stir the pot.

2. Block whatever message, gift, etc OM has sent with this friend. (hopefully, they'll spend more time talking about me confronting the friend than whatever gift, letter, etc OM has sent)

3. Closure with the friend.

Suggestions/advice?
Thx

Last edited by FormelyknownasF; 04/06/10 06:51 AM.

Separated: March 1 * Affair discovered: 20-March * Exposed: 27 March * Def. separation: May 1st *

sitch:: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1978639&page=1
G
G
REJECT that...

Not good.

Your wife is totally to blame here. 100%...

F
OP Offline
F
Ok, not trying to share blame with the BF.
But you see what I'm trying to do here?
Any other way to put it then?
I need closure with that.

Last edited by FormelyknownasF; 04/06/10 06:53 AM.

K
K
I wouldn't do that. It just feeds their drama and that is what they like. It's sick, I know, but it just seems to make them feel important.

Ignore.

Be cool, like Fonzie.

F
OP Offline
F
I'll try and be cool and not think about it for the rest of the day.
It's tough. Her being here means, the time for my wife to meditate
on things it's practically over.

K
K
The thing is, F, you have only just been bombed less than two months ago. This is very difficult, because this is bound to get a lot worse before it gets better.

But you have been doing so well. Stay cool.

Last edited by Kimmie Lee; 04/06/10 07:00 AM.
G
G
Quote:
I need closure with that.

NO. You "need" food, water and shelter.

You "prefer" to do that.

Change your thinking. It really isn't a good idea. I highly recommend you don't do it.

K
K
It won't give you closure, F.

It will simply fuel the fire....in a BAD way. It will make you look weak when you want to look strong.

Ignore the "friend." Seriously. It might actually bug them more.

Page 55 of 86 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 85 86

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard