Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 60 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 59 60
S
S
I really hope the layoff rumors are just that- rumors- and nothing else goes down at your employer.

And yeah- how was your weekend?

Hugs, Bunny

W42/H42/M20
S/19,D/17
On My Own: 11/28/09
V
OP Offline
V
Working.....
Weekend was kinda lukewarm.... it was rainy Friday, and cool. I was off work, but couldn't get motivated to do anything. Saturday, I golfed, very poorly. I am a lifelong slicer, but lately I have taken to a strong draw, one might even say a hook. I hooked a sand wedge, for goodness sake. And the last full shot I took was a 6 iron that I am convinced was coming back towards me by the time it landed. I am exceedingly frustrated!

Kerry....
Go away Blazers! smile
I wonder if Roy can play every other day? His knee is going to be hurting! I just watch a little of Saturdays game on the DVR... I would not want to be a visiting team in the Rose Garden. Home team winning each of the last three would not shock me in the least.

Back to work! Hugs to all! Well, maybe not Kerry....

S
S
This Blazer fan needs no hugs and there will be no home team victory tonight!

I was amazed when the Blazers scored about 9 straight points when Brandon was standing next to the scorers table to check in.. What an awesome way to get the fans excited.

S
S
Quote:
I am a lifelong slicer, but lately I have taken to a strong draw, one might even say a hook. I hooked a sand wedge, for goodness sake. And the last full shot I took was a 6 iron that I am convinced was coming back towards me by the time it landed. I am exceedingly frustrated

Someone translate please! I can only tell that it wasn't good by your use of the word "frustrated"- I don't speak "Golf" smile

W42/H42/M20
S/19,D/17
S
S
Hook, slice, draw, and fade all are about direction.

Here is a good description with a picture...

http://www.tydaniels.com/hook-slice-fade/

S
S
Thanks- that helps a lot!

W42/H42/M20
S/19,D/17
V
OP Offline
V
My ball used to start out where I wanted it to, and then move to the right, sometimes pretty violently. For a while over the past few months, it has been doing a much better job of going straight, and occasionally far. The past couple of weeks it's taken to going left, and not just a little. It looks like it's trying to get away from something! To the point where it started out going towards the right edge of the fairway, and ended up well off of the left edge. Not pretty.

Kerry, I don't think the fans in Phoenix will be cheering for Roy! And I really do wonder if he will be able to play, or play well. I have to believe it's going to be pretty sore after pushing it to go Saturday. There's no question that his presence was huge, both psychologically and physically. The psychological bullet has been used now, we'll see whether the play on the court stays as significant. I think the Suns may have a trick or two up their sleeves. I think there could well be three dogfights to come.

S
S
The problem with hooks is they seem to go much further than slices with the same club. Probably because a closed face has a smaller launch angle.

It is down to a 2 out of 3 contest now. I will be coaching from my living room tonight. And I hope Amare stops with the hits on Batum's shoulder.

S
S
The Blazers started out on fire, but then I dont know what happened. The Sun's sure did get a lot of offensive rebounds.

The stat I dislike most is the Sun's have not lost 2 in a row since back in January. Things are not looking good for the Trail Blazers.

V
OP Offline
V
I think the difference is the Suns bench. They can play a complete second five, and stay even or even improve. Eventually, that has to wear the other team down. And I think it's obvious that Roy is nowhere near ready. I think emotion got him through the last game, but he is clearly at least a step slow. Maybe more. The Suns defense is making it really hard on the Blazers.

Page 20 of 60 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 59 60

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard