Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 67 of 86 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 85 86
D
D
I would go ahead and either email her or call, and leave a message this time, if she doesn't answer the phone. It is possible that she didn't see that you called, no?

She asked you to hear her out. Offer her that opportunity. If she no longer wants that, you still need to deal with practical issues of your belongings, the apartment, and likely more.

Sorry you had to deal with your mom's stuff in addition to everything. Here you are trying to protect your wife and you get blamed. Ugh. Interesting that after you posted about that conversation, that two people here also jumped to some wrong conclusions about you. Being scapegoated sucks.

1st
2nd
3rd
Current
F
OP Offline
F
Thanks, D.
I'm thinking email or text might be the best option here as there's a way to confirm that she received it and read it.

About being blamed. Yes, it sucks. And it damaged me more than I had initially thought it would. I'm even questioning about calling my W to arrange seeing each other this weekend as I'm not 100% emotionally. That sucks even more.

Separated: March 1 * Affair discovered: 20-March * Exposed: 27 March * Def. separation: May 1st *

sitch:: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1978639&page=1
G
G

Hi F, I agree with Dudess.

About being blamed... told you this before and will repeat it: If you live to meet others' expectations you become a slave to their desires. Set yourself free and live your life to your own expectations and if others do not like it... that's their problem.

M:11 | T:12 | Status: Married
4C's of WAS communication: Cool, Calm, Collected and CONFIDENT
F
OP Offline
F
Thanks, Gno. I hear you, bud.
I think I'm angry right now, trying to find my way back to cool, calm, collected and CONFIDENT before I make contact.

Separated: March 1 * Affair discovered: 20-March * Exposed: 27 March * Def. separation: May 1st *

sitch:: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1978639&page=1
F
OP Offline
F
Sent the message with time and place for meeting up on Sunday.
Still no reply.

F
OP Offline
F
Still hasn't confirmed to me but she told a friend in common that she's meeting me tomorrow as a gesture of "grace" from her part. (???)

Going into the den tomorrow, fellas. I appreciate your support and prayers.

Only thing I'm now clear is how to respond if she pulls off a "I just wanted to meet so you are clear that it's over. Get your stuff and never talk to me again". Should I just ignore that, keep calm, say thank you for your time and walk away?

Thank you.

T
T
I have you in my prayers. If she says its over come get your things. I think it best to say "OK". And then I think you go and get your stuff.

Then go about your business without looking back. It is the honorable and attractive thing to do.

Take care,
-T

Me: 36, W: 33, M: 10 yrs
Bomb: 1/09, Seperated: 9/09, Piecing Begins: 10/09

My story: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubb...t=91&page=1
G
G

What she is going to tell a friend and what she will say to you are two different things. I think it's safe to say that she (in her own strange way) is also hurting.

The chances are good that she is going to come into the meeting with a tough-girl attitude. Think of yourselves as both walking into a spaghetti western gunfight. Both of you are going in armed to the teeth. She is bitter about you having exposed her and discrediting her. You are disgusted with her betrayal. This will be an emotionally charged meeting.

Do your best to keep your cool. You have some things to say, say what you have to say if she doesn't want to talk. Chances are 80% that she is going to tell you something along the lines of, "I was thinking of giving us another chance but what you did sealed your fate and ended us." ... That is standard script. Don't let it get to you.

Read the environment. If she is too hostile then make the meeting about arranging a suitable time to get the rest of your belongings.

Good luck F.

M:11 | T:12 | Status: Married
4C's of WAS communication: Cool, Calm, Collected and CONFIDENT
K
K
What you say is, "I agree. It is best that we move on."

L
L
You're in my thoughts and have my best wishes F.

Reality is that which, if you don't believe in it, doesn't go away.
Page 67 of 86 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 85 86

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard