Print Thread
Page 66 of 86 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 85 86
L
L
Good. i'm glad to hear that.

S
S
Originally Posted By: FormelyknownasF
She keep shouting "What did you do to that poor girl?" "Confess! what stupid thing did you do that she doesn't even want to talk?" "Why the secrecy?" , etc

your mama knows something we dont.
please tell us.
so we can better understand your wife.

F
OP Offline
F
Not sure what do you mean.

My mom is reaching that conclusion because she's not buying the "we are going through a rough patch".

In her mind if we are separated, it had to be something much bigger than
just a rough patch. And she's right but I'm not telling her anything about my
W's infidelity.

But the point here - and that's something my therapist helped me clarify - my mother thinks that my marriage's failure is her failure as a mother. Plus, as her father betrayed her own family, it's obvious that her instinct is to see the W as the victim and the husband as the perpetrator (even if he is her own son). The only way she can feel better is by controlling the situation and "fixing it". Without full disclosure, she feels powerless and is pushing hard for me to reveal details.

I won't, I don't need to validate myself with my mom. There's a lesson for her in this too: trust and respect.

Anyway, I don't intend for this to become about me and my mother. Those are issues that have been there for awhile and I'm addressing them in therapy.

Just be absolutely sure, Mr McQueen, I've been entirely honest in this forum. I have no reason to lie to you guys. Ever since I started posting in here I've been using this writing exercise as a catharsis. Some times even revealing more than I needed to. Lying in here, would be lying to no one else but myself.

Last edited by FormelyknownasF; 05/04/10 06:59 AM.

Separated: March 1 * Affair discovered: 20-March * Exposed: 27 March * Def. separation: May 1st *

sitch:: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1978639&page=1
P
P
I agree. Sounds like your mom has her stuff to work on. Don't worry about carrying around anyone else's stuff except for your own.

So far you are doing a great job of being AWARE of that and following up with ACTION.

Great job brotha!!

PMA

F
OP Offline
F
Thanks for your kind words, PMA.

I intend for us to meet next saturday so I called my W, 2 days ago. It went straight to voicemail. I didn't leave a message but I was expecting that she would call me back once she saw the missed call. She hasn't.

I wonder if I should try again or it's better to send her a text or email.
And what should I do in case she doesn't reply at all? should I just let it go?
Wait, I still need to get my stuff!

Separated: March 1 * Affair discovered: 20-March * Exposed: 27 March * Def. separation: May 1st *

sitch:: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1978639&page=1
L
L
Hows it going Formerly?

I'm glad you're taking time to decide what to do and also pouring out stuff on here. My thoughts mirror yours often.

I would wait for her to respond a couple more days, and then try again. If no response then I would email stating why you wish to meet i.e. getting stuff/closure.

But I am only a rookie and know nowt!

Reality is that which, if you don't believe in it, doesn't go away.
F
OP Offline
F
Thanks for your support, L.
It's interesting that you find similarities. The more I read and inform myself about this, the more I see that there are very little "unique" situations. Most of them have the same first and second acts at least.

As for act 3, I wish you the best outcome possible.

F

F
OP Offline
F
Still no reply from her. Not sure how should I proceed.
Any ideas? Gno? Puppy? Thx

Last edited by FormelyknownasF; 05/05/10 02:52 PM.

F
OP Offline
F
And no one dared to disturb the sound of silence...

P
P
Patience young squire patience.

Page 66 of 86 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 85 86

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard