Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
P
OP Offline
P
So down today. Four years ago today he proposed to me...I really thought that after the quick phone call on Monday he would have called again by now. How am I supposed to show that I am doing my 180s if we have no contact frown

M:27 H: 33
M:10/07
T:9 yrs
H moves away for drug recovery: 3/2010
ILYBINILWY & wants D:5/02/10
Confirmed OW:5/21
Told MIL:5/25(only concerned about H's recovery)
Told FIL:5/28(will speak to him)

T
T
Quote:
How am I supposed to show that I am doing my 180s if we have no contact

You just do them for yourself. You were always supposed to do them for your own benefit anyway.

M-47,W-40,No kids
D-filed 5/27/2010
Piecing - 10/21/2010
-=Soon to be banned=-
P
OP Offline
P
How do I respond when he says he wants a divorce? I do not want to file or pay for it.

C
C
Quote:
How do I respond when he says he wants a divorce?

It's not what I want but I can't stop you. I will do everything in my power to protect myself.

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
P
OP Offline
P
ok but won't that make him angry at me?....Well no matter what I say will make him angry at me at this point since I do not want the divorce

He did say the day he dropped the bomb that he wanted me to file and for us to do it as amicably as possible and split the bill which i agreed to do foolishly.

He left me a voicemail last week asking if i looked into the divorce, if not he was going to look into it.

THen i wrote a letter to him which is in my original post saying I wont sign till we go to MC (before reading DR book)which he actually received that night after he left me the voicemail.

P
P
Hint:

You're no longer concerned about "Will it make him angry? How will his reaction make ME feel?"

instead, replace it with:

"What is THE RIGHT THING TO DO in this situation? What is the thing that God Himself would have me do, if He were standing right in front of me?"

It's liberating, and it's NEEDED at this stage. It's basic detachment.

Puppy

G
G
I know this isn't what you want to hear, but it sure sounds like there is OW in the picture now.

This is textbook on how people start acting when they are interested in someone else.

That is more than likely what you are up against. The other reasons are just excuses.

O
O
If you don't want a divorce, don't do it. Let him be the one to say "I did..." and take the emotional repercussions should he give up.

Maybe he asked you to do it testing your thoughts toward a divorce. Maybe GL is right, maybe there is another person involved, too. Either way, if you don't want it...

P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted By: gucci loafer
I know this isn't what you want to hear, but it sure sounds like there is OW in the picture now.

This is textbook on how people start acting when they are interested in someone else.

That is more than likely what you are up against. The other reasons are just excuses.

After reading other threads, I was thinking this as well.
He never emails, checked that and nothing. Since I took care of the bills and our credit, I checked that and nothing. He has no credit cards just one that I have. He is now unemployed and I just sent up his unemp card and nothing there as well.

We have joint phone and he does not know I can check his calls and texts. I knew every number but 2. A cell number and landline

Cell number there have been 9 texts since 5/4(3 weeks ago) 2 days after the bomb. I called it, blocked of course, and the voicemail was of a woman named "W".

The landline phone number hes talked to for the last 2 weeks and its basically been a few times a day but only for a minute or two.I called and the answering machine confirmed it was of this woman named "W".

So now I'm DEVASTATED. I am pretty sure its OW.If it is, its an EA that started 3 weeks ago, possibly even PA.

P
OP Offline
P
He called at 930pm half an hour after the horrible discovery. I picked up cheerfully and said Hello, How are you?

He said good.

I said cant really talk. Sorry for picking up but didnt want you to think i was avoiding your call.

He said just wanted to see if you mailed up my credit card.

I said o yeah I found it. I really got to go. Walking out going away for the weekend. Should be back sunday night so call then or monday but i have a bake sale then.

I then said how was your day. he replied with fine and
then I ended it bye saying, good, well have a beautiful weekend and hung up.

I can't breathe frown

Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard