Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 103 of 156 1 2 101 102 103 104 105 155 156
T
T
Originally Posted By: mila
If he is trying to get back at me for being "dark" what is he going to gain?

Don't know for sure cause I'm not in fcktard's head (Thank the Lord!).

It could maybe, just maybe he has been trying to control your sitch. Going to C so you can communicate about business????

PLEEEEEASE !

You got him by the short and curleys and he don't like it.

So was it on purpose?

He was handing you reciepts so he didn't know what was on them?

Yes he did.

He just didn't give a fck-turd.

My goal is to some day be the person my dog thinks I am
G
G
Mila your h is not going to put the thought into if I give Mila these reciepts with these purchases how is she going to be affected. He is NOT thinking like that nor does he care what your reaction is.

He is living his life doing what HE wants. Plain and simple. In his mind business is business.

Jack I clicked on a t-shirt ad that popped up on a website and it had all these phrases for t-shirts you could order. Some crude, some hilarious and I just couldn't resist.

I could see a couple having a heated argument and then one of them saying that to the other when emotions run high. smile

Me 50
H 42
S 22
S 9
D 7
M 12
T 17
H moved out 8/2006
H moved home 1/2007 for 3 weeks
H moved home 5/2011 for good

"Learn from yesterday ~ Live for today ~ And hope for tomorrow"
J
J
That phrase is actually from Blue Velvet.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

A
AJM Offline
A
Quote:
do you really think that he is that devious? I'm more inclined to believe that it just "doesn't compute" and that he has no clue why I should be upset about it...
Do you know the person he is right now? I think even he does not. Don't kid yourself based on history; look at the current behavior. It is what it is, but you need to be honest with yourself. It's important that you be loving and faithful as much as you can, but it's equally important that you are honest. You choose how to act and react, but do not choose to lie to yourself. You cannot know for sure why he did this, but yes he can be that devious.

Quote:
If he is trying to get back at me for being "dark" what is he going to gain? Me reacting to it and setting new boundaries? Like asking him to pay cash from now so I don't have to see his private expenditures?
What would a teenager gain from telling you anything? Nothing. Does that stop them? Do they feel like they need to do it anyway? I don't think it's a bad idea for you to ask him to budget and pay out of that budget vs. you doing things for him. I agree there may be no reason to separate the accounts. I've done the same in my own situation, but it is one more avenue he can try to hurt you. Don't let him. The sooner you stop letting him hurt you, the sooner he'll stop. He will likely look for more ways to get your attention (i.e. it will hurt you but not always what he will intend directly - youre feelings are understandably raw and him breathing may hurt you at times smile.
Let it roll off when you can. Take steps to stop the behavior that is aimed directly at you. You don't need him to have access to you to hurt you. You need to heal yourself and if he is constantly picking at you, that will take far longer and do a LOT more damage. Take steps to set and enforce those boundaries. That should take more energy than you want to put into it, but its OK and necessary for you to set those boundaries.

I'm not suggesting you cut ties. I'm not suggesting anything other than getting him out of your day to day vision so you can focus on what you need to focus on - you and your daughter.

Something to consider.
AJ

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" MLK
Put the glass down...
"Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world
Today I am wise, so I am changing myself."
M
Mila Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thank you TG, glam, Jack & AJ

I'm reading your opinions and lots of you think that he is trying to hurt me on purpose...when I was thinking about that possibilty I remebered something that I've read recently:

- dark side -- a part of your psyche that snarls and bites, that's unconscious and irrational, that is motivated by ill will or twisted passions or instinctual fears. It's your own personal portion of the world's sickness: a mess of repressed longings, enervating wounds, ignorant delusions, and unripe powers. You'd prefer to ignore it because it's unflattering or uncomfortable or very different from what you imagine yourself to be. If you acknowledge its existence at all, you might call it the devil, your evil twin, your inner monster, or your personal demon. Psychologist Carl Jung referred to it as the shadow.

Doesn't that make sense? - in their MLC transformation the shadow has the upper hand right now

M53 H54 D17
M33Y T38Y
Bomb OW 09/09
OUT 10/09 BACK 11/09 OUT 01/10
WANTS TO R 04/10 BACK with OW 05/10
Wants to Reconcile 05/11 I said NO
C
C
Seriously...it is nice to have some guys opinions on here because sometimes us women tend to...over think or be too emotional...sorry gals...

yes, I can claim b-turd!!!! I think I like Jack's better! But...still can't be used in front of little ones...

M48 H53
M16 T18
S16 D13
SS30
H drops bomb PA/8-30-09
H leaves 12-30-09
D filed by H 2-10
H asks to come home 4-11
Piecing
C
C
Exactly--and coming to terms with one's shadow side is an important part of finally growing up. Somewhere in the resources are some articles by Newman (who runs a different MLC website) which apply Jung's theories to the MLC. I found them quite fascinating and useful.

I'm not sure how "deliberately" the MLCer hurts the LBS. I believe they really are in a space where they can't understand how other people perceive them (or even how they would "normally" have perceived situations). An extreme crisis reaction is to think, "I'll kill myself and that will make life better for everyone who loves me." Or, the opposite child-like thought, "I'll kill myself, and that will make them sorry!" Yet both thoughts are totally internally based--neither begins to capture the reality of what loved ones will feel once the suicide is completed. I think the MLCer, in his depression, is equally incapable of understanding what a "normal" reaction to his actions would be.

M
Mila Offline OP
OP Offline
M
CW - I agree that it's very helpful to hear opinions from the guys here...we (girls) are just not wired the same way and seeing things from the male perspective is great.

Cyrena - I did some reading on the "shadow" and some of Jung's theories on other sites...I find it extremely fascinating

I'm not sure if hurting us with their thoughtless actions is deliberate...maybe it comes from their subconscious....

Now opinions please - H emailed me again to do some garden work this weekend...should I let him come and work and ignore him and be "unavailable". I'm kind of thinking, free labor...and I hate cutting grass. Or should I again say that I'm busy and that I can take care of it myself...

M53 H54 D17
M33Y T38Y
Bomb OW 09/09
OUT 10/09 BACK 11/09 OUT 01/10
WANTS TO R 04/10 BACK with OW 05/10
Wants to Reconcile 05/11 I said NO
C
C
Let him come! You can be walking out the door as he is arriving!

M48 H53
M16 T18
S16 D13
SS30
H drops bomb PA/8-30-09
H leaves 12-30-09
D filed by H 2-10
H asks to come home 4-11
Piecing
I
I
Amen to that sista !!!!!!!!