Haha.

So when is this potential rafting trip?

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
V
OP Offline
V
Probably sometime next week. I need to scheme a bit... it's a long drive, might try the train to LA, and a car up. Too late to get a cheap flight.

Or I might drive to LA, take them to Knotts Berry farm, then drive up to the river....

In any case it will be fun!

S
S
Knotts Berry Farm has river drifting.

M
M
Well of course it will be fun! Shesh! LOL

You should hit the theme parks in October one year.

Knotts Berry Farm hosts Knots Scary Farm. Disneyland gets all decked out. Fun times. grin

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
S
S
The first day we were in Disneyland as a family, it was "Bats Day". There were several thousand people (including their kids) dressed up in black "Goth" attire. It was very strange for someone like myself that is not familiar with the Goth subculture. It just seems to me that if and when a zombie outbreak occurs that the goth people have set themselves up to be mistakenly shot as zombies.

V
OP Offline
V
A quick update, then I much pack!
i was off work Friday, and had had another date. We met around 10am, picked up some picnic food, and went up the mountain, where it was much cooler, actually very pleasant. There was a lot of time spent on a blanket under the shade of a tree not eating the food, though we did get around to that eventually. Then we made it to the restaurant at the top of the mountain and sat on the deck, had pie, watched the hummingbirds, and talked. Then on to visit with some friends of hers that live in a cabin in the town up there. Very pleasant. Then we drove back down the mountain, and since it was dinnertime, we had dinner.

Many times through the day she would look at me and say, "I think you should kiss me." And so of course I did.

I our talking she talked about not wanting to be my "transitional relationship". She expressed concern that if we had sex I would think, "That was great! I wonder how great it would be with some other woman?" Partly because I have only had sex with my xw. Eventually I told her that it sounded like she wanted me to find another woman and have sex before she wanted to have sex with me. She thought about it, and said that she didn't realize that, but that was what it sounded like, and that wasn't what she wanted at all! But it does seem that I have messed up her plan, and it is bothering her. She had decided about a month ago, just a little bit before we first met, that she was going to date a lot of guys so that she could be sure she had not missed something (not her exact words, but the feeling). And in her plan, sex now was not the plan. But she was sending not too subtle signals that the plan was perhaps breaking down.

Anyway, after dinner we figured that we could pick up her car, and go to her place... she wanted to kiss and not a peck on the cheek. I had to go to the airport to pick the two younger boys, so there was a time limit, which we thought would make it "safe". As it turns out, we were right, but not by a lot. She is stil bothered at not following her plan... since I am going to be gone this week she is talking about trying to date several times to try to keep to the plan. I don't know that she will? As I was leaving we were kind of joking about it, she said something about need to get on the computer right away, and I said I was sure that's what she was thinking about. She said, "No, I am thinking about grabbing you and taking you back to the bedroom and having great sex!"

So I left at about ten, it was just short of a 12 hour date.

I am leaving today with the two younger boys...they don't know the plan. We will spend tomorrow and Tuesday at Knott's Berry Farm and the water park across the street. Perhaps a visit to the beach. Then we will drive up to Northern CA, and raft on Thursday and Friday, camping there Wednesday and Thursday nights. The rafting ends early enough Friday that we will drive halfway home, and then get back here Saturday. I think that should wear them out! And probably me to!

M
M
Sounds MARVELOUS Jeff! That woman is seriously into you and not wanting to admit it too much to herself. This plan of hers sounds really screwy, but who am I to judge? grin

Have a great time on your trip. You know, I worked at Knott's for a year and that is where I met Gabe. He was a "Ghost Town Guy" and that made him uber cool to all the chicks working in the park. grin How silly, huh?

Which river are you guys rafting?

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

V
OP Offline
V
Hey Mish! She is into me... there's no question!

As we were driving down the mountain we were holding hands, and went a while without anyone saying anything. Eventually she said, "You know what I like about us? We can not talk and it's ok." Then she said, "If there was an us...." I think she is starting to see that her plan may be flawed.

We are going to raft the South Fork of the American. We're doing the two halves in two days, with camping in between.

J
JCJ Offline
J
Awesome smile Sounds like a lovely date.

You time away with the boys sounds like so much fun too! Hope you have a great time.

M- May 2006
D - Aug 2010
Now travelling the world
Page 34 of 60 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 59 60

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard