Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A
A
Burning man tickets range from $210 to $300 each! Wow!

How are things going with the new house?

Are you still angry with him? Have you forgiven him? You seem to be more rational than the person I'm dealing with. 25 says that no mother is unmoved by the loving interaction between her children and their father...I think I'm dealing with the exception to that sentiment.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." - William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830's.
B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted By: antlers

How are things going with the new house?

Have sort of moved in.. possession & there several days this week for the few updates that needed to happen before I permanently move in this upcoming week.

Originally Posted By: anterls
Are you still angry with him? Have you forgiven him?
I can get that way if I think about his choices. But yes, I have forgiven him and the debt he owed me.

Originally Posted By: antlers
You seem to be more rational than the person I'm dealing with. 25 says that no mother is unmoved by the loving interaction between her children and their father...I think I'm dealing with the exception to that sentiment.

Perhaps that applies when she is treated with and feels love & respect from him... without it, resentment is blinding to many other actions.

Thanks for stopping by & checking on me smile
Peace
Bridge

Divorced 03/2010
Mom to two amazing kids

Taking the road less traveled because those encountered on the way may be just as unique.

http://tinyurl.com/ybqkan8 = Current Thread

A
A
How long is her resentment gonna last?

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." - William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830's.
A
A
Maybe her hatred is the fuel she burns to do what she has/is...(separation, divorce). Maybe her hatred is the only way she feels able to maintain any sense of power, or it may feel like the only control she has ever had in the relationship.

I don't know.

For me..."What a man thinks of himself, that it is which determines, or rather indicates, his fate." - Thoreau

I resolve to do things differently.

You seem to be leaving the past behind in order to live in the future. Good for you.

B
OP Offline
B
Hi Antlers,
thanks for stopping by..
2nd guessing why she feels what she feels is energy wasting. I hope you can find some things to do to distract yourself & spend your energy more productively.

We all leave the past behind... we have no other choice. Whether we learn from it or not & apply it to current & future choices, remains to be seen.

I happy to hear of your resolve.. I'm sure some in your future will be very fortunate to interact with the 'new you'.

====

I am officially moved into MY new house... it's not quite a 'home' yet, but it will be getting there soon.

I found as I was purchasing furniture for it that I had some personal issues to deal with... XH & I had spent over a year searching & finding just the 'right' style of bedroom & living room furniture about 7-8 years ago.

I loved the style.. a modern twist on mission/arts & crafts. Sadly, my eye is still caught by that style...

why sadly? Because I want my new home to look NOTHING like the one I left him. So it was indeed a challenge to find a style of furniture & decorating that I liked that looked little of what I left behind.

After much window shopping after the first of the year, I ordered a lot of the furniture in March after the D was final.. and was getting anxious that I wouldn't still like it when it arrived this past week.. I had no reason to worry.. I still very much like it and it looks amazing in my house... now for the painting and finishing touches wink

In the past 5 days I have completed the following home reno's (wow.. I love powertools!)

*installed 6 new light fixtures in the dining room, entryway, hallway, bathroom, & stairwell
*installed a new medicine cabinet in the bathroom
*replaced my sliding closet doors
*painted, cut & replaced quarter-round floor trim in 2 bedrooms, hallway & living
*assembled D15's bedroom furniture
*installed 2 window AC units
*replaced & ran coax & cat 5 wiring for my TV & internet connections
*removed 20 year old contact paper from the kitchen shelves & put new (non-adhesive) back in

I had to come back to work to get a rest! smile

Peace
Bridge

Divorced 03/2010
Mom to two amazing kids

Taking the road less traveled because those encountered on the way may be just as unique.

B
B
Wow! I am not nearly that 'handy' myself. I would have no clue what to do with the coaxial cable...but I bet the house is looking great!

I too love mission style and arts/crafts with some Prairie thrown in there. exH and I bought all new mission end tables and tv stand in 2007 just as he was starting up his PA. I kept them in the D...

I have had the same particle-board headboard and dresser since we got married. Was going to buy a mission style set for my bedroom too, but that is what "we" were going to get. I haven't bought it because I have to decide if that is really what I like or if I like it because 'we' wanted it. Make sense?

I bet your new stuff looks great! wink

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
B
OP Offline
B
Hey BBJ.. thanks for stopping by. I totally understand the waiting to see what you want for furniture. I waited for almost 3 years. I walk inot my bedroom, my living room, what ever room and love every piece. You will too!

Things continue to slowly come together here at my new home. Still slowly unpacking boxes and finding the right places for certain things.

I used a new power tool today.. an electric hedge trimmer. Quite the machine and it's amazing how neatening up those bushes makes the whole yard just sparkle smile

I made a new friend today.. she also drives a yellow bug and lives just around the corner from me. Her & her S8 stopped by while they were walking their dog and we chatted for about an hour. We're making plans to walk the dogs in the evening together.

D15 has been asking for me to teach her how to 'cook' the past few days. She knows the basics... boiling water and frying.

But she need some other dishes.. she's really tired of her Dad's cooking during the school year.. so I'm helping her try new things and showing how I do certain dishes of mine that she wants to try & make herself.

So far the time with her this summer has gone very well.. she is still here for another 5 weeks.. time has certainly flown by.

Cheers!
Bridge

Divorced 03/2010
Mom to two amazing kids

A
A
Hi Bridge, sounds like things are going OK for you right now. Hope it continues to go that way. Sounds like you're fixing up the house to your liking. Does your daughter like the new environment that you're living in? Have you made your decision yet, whether or not to go to Black Rock Desert from Aug. 30th to Sept. 6th?

B
OP Offline
B
Hi Antlers,
D15 really likes the neighborhood.. it's close to so many things. walking distance within anywhere from a 1/2 to 3 blocks to starbucks, grocery store, fruit & veggie market, post-office, drug store, library.

Her & I have been "fringing" this past week-end. Attending short plays, comedies, improv events at the local festival that runs through this upcoming week-end.

Both of my kids are drama/speech kinds of kinds so she is eating that up. she is also taking guitar & voice lessons this summer & will be in the Theater for Young People's musical theater camp for teens.

Many more opportunities than she could get back at her Dad's for the summer. She is also helping a friend out at a lemonade stand (yes a real one.. they make fresh squeezed) at a local farmer's market a couple days a week, so she's getting some job experience in as well.

The house is slowly coming together.. electrical has been upgraded, some plumbing changes (minor) are next. Painting will be last and then that will be it for this year.

Next years renos are still to be determined. But I know I'm a new home owner when I'm at home depot more than I'm at the grocery store in a week.

2 weeks ago I was at Home Depot 3 times in one day! smile

Decided not to go to the radical self-expression experience this year... too much going on in my life right now to fully prepare.

next year though! smile That gives me time to find just the right snow leopard print! MEEE--OOOWWW

Peace
Bridge

Divorced 03/2010
Mom to two amazing kids

B
B
Love it! You sound so good. smile And of course I like all the speech/drama stuff...

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard