Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 33 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 32 33
S
S
Awesome! My kidsd are always gone, being teenagers, so it's hard to get them to commit to doing stuff, esp. on a Friday night. These are the hardest times I have Getting a Life! Kids are out - friends are all with their families - and H comes home from work just to ignore me and go hide in his cave...

S
OP Offline
S
What does your WH like to do, SunnyD? Or rather, what did he USED to like to do? See if you can draw him out with that.

My WH showed up a few minutes after my last post and was ticked that we had such an interesting evening without him. (Too bad, so sad!) He tried to add to the conversation about Spain, but of course we'd already moved on. He likes being cutting edge, not "old hat" - you could literally see his annoyance. Lol!

S
OP Offline
S
Question: So if the "average" affair is over in 2 years...why are SO many people on this forum dealing with affairs that have lingered much longer than that?

T
T
Quote:
why are SO many people on this forum dealing with affairs that have lingered much longer than that?

Masochism?

M-47,W-40,No kids
D-filed 5/27/2010
Piecing - 10/21/2010
-=Soon to be banned=-
S
S
LOL...masochism is right!

I personally am not in that situation. If there is an A I haven't verified it yet and believe it is still relatively new, if so.

I think it's great that your H came in after the fact wanting to add to the evening but you all had already moved on without him! hee hee

I'll have to think about that whole thing - what H used to like to do, etc... Good thinking. Although, right now, as I stated in my thread, H has pulled back again - even slept in the office last night - so, I figure I have to do more things that say "Sunny" right now instead of "H"...

N
N
Quote:
*Spring cleaning (okay not so fun, but necessary)
*Furniture rearrangement
*Household repairs
*Word of the day (new word at dinner to discuss and add to vocabulary)
*Weekly field trip (to places around the area)
*Friday Night Travels (study and cook food from new country each week)

Sounds like fun! And you would be doing these things anyway, with or without your H's participation! Love the Friday night travels!!!

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
S:3/31/09-left for OW
started DBing 10/09
d final: sometime 10/10
current:
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2022856&page=1
met in 2004

S
OP Offline
S
Been reading an old classic, "The Magic of Believing" by Claude Bristol, as Larry suggested. Good stuff! It's about the law of attraction - like "The Secret but without all the flash" - and has step-by-step instructions on how to manifest your desires. Kind of "other worldly," but interesting nonetheless. Did you know the first books about harnessing the power of the subconscious came out in the 1790's? I had NO idea this stuff had been around that long!

Hey NewMama - the Friday Night Travels WAS really fun, and we will continue it in the future, not only to give my kids new experiences, but also to grow my own culinary skills. DD 10 and I watched a Chinese Cooking show on the Cooking channel yesterday while I combed out her hair after her shower, and she said, "Can we go to China on one of our Friday nights? I love spring rolls!" I had to laugh. My kids have already been exposed to so many more foods than I was at their age (because WH has a varied palette), and I will continue to push that. It makes them more well-rounded.

I think one of the things I liked best about the evening was all the fun and interesting things we talked about. It had a very literary salon feel about it (albeit kids' style), which is one of the things I miss most about our pre-kid days when we regularly socialized with well-read, well-educated, well-traveled people and discussed everything under the sun. Kind of hard to run your mouth 'til all hours when you've got fussy babies and bedtimes to adhere to.

Now that they're older, though, we can start to revisit that and perhaps have their friends over to join in the fun. When DD 10 had a slumber party around Christmas, she had a few of her friends over and I made Swedish meatballs, as per her request, and we talked about the differences between Christianity and Judaism, as one of her guests was Jewish, and the differences between Swedish and Dutch food as one of the other girl's grandparents came from the Netherlands. Now, every time I see any of the girls from that party, they ask when they can come back for "more meatballs and good conversation." Cracks me up!

Definitely worth pursuing --

S
S
SR....that's awesome!!! LOVE that idea and love that you are connecting with your kids this way. I think it would be great for you to have your kids' friends join in the fun.

Now you have me interested in that book. Think I'll have to get it! I wish I could afford Larry's program, but just can't at the moment without H knowing and I don't really want him knowing what I'm up to at all as far as our M goes.

S
OP Offline
S
^^^
Thanks, Sunny! It was fun, and now they're giving requests! Wish I had a big map of the world in the dining room instead of an itty bitty globe to give them visuals of every country...

Larry's course was EXCELLENT, but I do understand about the finances. Squirrel some money away, open a PayPal account, and pay Larry by PayPal. Your WH won't ever know...

A
A
Better yet squirrel HIS money away and make HIM pay for it lol

Page 25 of 33 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 32 33

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard