Umm... it's just barely July.

M-47,W-40,No kids
D-filed 5/27/2010
Piecing - 10/21/2010
-=Soon to be banned=-
K
K
Hiya ShellDoll

I see you have received quite a few responses on your thread. By now you would have realised that the usual WAS approach is to treat the LBS as persona non grata. We will usually be the last to hear about any changes in address, contact information etc. They also do the retreat and advance dance quite well so don't let it mess with your head!

Do you have any plans for the weekend? What will you be doing for ShellDoll?

Can't keep a good woman down
S
OP Offline
S
TH - That is what my H said to me, that "we" honey can see about looking for a new job when I return home....

At times, he treats me like he misses me.. and others, like I don't exist. He told me also that he is not even sure that he misses me.He has never apologized for his A with the OW and literally just avoids any discussion about it. He even said that he is not sure he can get over the nights of arguing because it is burnt into his brain. I am so confused now....

Didn't he have the A? Yes, I was angry when I found out and we had some sleepless nights..

Before we hung up however, I wished his a good night and he wished me the same along with sweet dreams...what is going on?

Me 41/H 49
M 12yrs
No Kids
Bomb 1/10/2010
H Deployed
The three great essentials to achieve anything worth while are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense. T. Edison
T
T
Quote:
Before we hung up however, I wished his a good night and he wished me the same along with sweet dreams...what is going on?

Too much drama, and you keep feeding it. Why don't you just think about moving forward with your own life and let him worry about his life?

M-47,W-40,No kids
D-filed 5/27/2010
Piecing - 10/21/2010
-=Soon to be banned=-
P
P
Originally Posted By: ShellDoll

Well, you keep playing nicey-nice with him, so he repeats it back to you. He's keeping your "plate" spinning on his stick, as a fallback position.

I suggest you pull waaaayyyy back from him, and stop being so friendly. CIVIL, and COURTEOUS, and UPBEAT is what you want to shoot for -- not nicey-nice.

Puppy

S
OP Offline
S
You are ALL RIGHT. I just commented about my being immediately available to my H on another thread. I am so very concerned that he will never return, especially being deployed. They are so many marriages that end up ending after a sailor/soldier haas been deployed. I am thinking about these stats and just the our sitch upon his departure overseas.

I need to get back into my dancing classes which helped me focus on me after he walked away in January.

Does anyone know of any threads/postings for LBS of deployed soldier/sailor?

Me 41/H 49
M 12yrs
No Kids
Bomb 1/10/2010
H Deployed
The three great essentials to achieve anything worth while are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense. T. Edison
S
OP Offline
S
Looking into dancing classes an who knows, maybe I will earn my cert to teach classes one day...

Me 41/H 49
M 12yrs
No Kids
Bomb 1/10/2010
H Deployed
S
OP Offline
S
Okay, I need the opinion of my fellow DB friends..

I have had recent issues with our A/C unit (probably like everyone else with this heatwave). I have spent nearly a $1000 having the HVAC folks some into fix my upstairs and downstairs units. Well, the issue is that I may need to replace it. With this know, I email me H the specifics.

The HVAC folks told me at the last visit (wihich was the 4th in 3 weeks), that I may need to replace both the upstairs and downstairs units. The approximate cost for this would be $5000K. So I asked my H what we should do.

He told me "Well, I'd say that you absolutely need air in the bedroom so you can sleep.

You can ask the guy if you simply need to wait out the heatwave for the downstairs unit to work. At least be sure that you discuss with him the option of doing nothing and waiting.

Let me know how much money you need or if you need me to pay for iit directly, when all's said and done. That's my job."

So I asked about what he meant by it is his job? He responded: "Our house - and fixing stuff is in my job - and paying for big stuff is in my job.....? My job is to take care of you and the house - particularly financially, right??"

He has not said this too me in months! I know you are going to tell me not to read into it and you are right. What is going on with him. He even sent me a message out of the blue today at work asking about how I was doing. Strange...

Me 41/H 49
M 12yrs
No Kids
Bomb 1/10/2010
H Deployed
X
xin Offline
X
SD,

Don't read too much into it. Aren't you entitled to at least 50% of all his assets, including income anyway? You should continue to GAL for yourelf.

M 39
H 41
T9 M6
EA found Dec 09
Separated Apr to Jun 10
Currently in house separation
D
D
Do not over analyze anything, this is where you get into trouble. Trust me I know all to well it can drive you crazy with all kinds of questions that you will NEVER get answers to. If he wants to take care of it let him and say thank you. Leave it at that and continue to GAL. Remember sometimes when they know they are wrong or are causing you pain they do things out of guilt to make themselves feel better, not for your benefit even if it seems like it to you. Keep taking care of yourself first and foremost!

M37 H30
D1
S18 (previous relationship)
M 1yr
Bomb 6/25/10

I keep reminding myself I am strong even if I don't feel it. I know from my past this is true. I might just get a tattoo to remind me.
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard