Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 20 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 19 20
P
PEI Offline
P
Who wouldn't be???

Holding onto anger to punish someone else, is like lighting yourself on fire to get smoke in their eyes ~ 25yearsmlc
P
PEI Offline
P
Oh, and lola ... welcome to "Who's thread get's trashed today???" we seem to play every Friday ...

Holding onto anger to punish someone else, is like lighting yourself on fire to get smoke in their eyes ~ 25yearsmlc
E
E
Hey Grit

I found diamond crusted Madonna cone bra's in CT. Interested? No I am not jealous about the disco balls.

PEI - u forgot to mention the 1970 beads that I have in the doorway or the 1970 black velvet poster of a women I have. You know the kind that has some glow in the dark on it. Damn I think I am aging myself.

Happy Friday everyone

Eric

"The difficulties of Life are intended to make us BETTER,not bitter".
"Fear is a prison, where you are the jailer. FREE YOURSELF!"
"Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B." - Jack3Beans
G
G
If you've got the tutu then you must have Ethel Merman's "Call Me Madam" album. wink

P
PEI Offline
P
Originally Posted By: ericmsant2
Hey Grit

I found diamond crusted Madonna cone bra's in CT. Interested? No I am not jealous about the disco balls.

PEI - u forgot to mention the 1970 beads that I have in the doorway or the 1970 black velvet poster of a women I have. You know the kind that has some glow in the dark on it. Damn I think I am aging myself.

Happy Friday everyone

Eric

Where I come from we would say "your age is hanging out again" ... but maybe we're lucky that's all that's hanging out with all the tutus and cone bras flying around these parts!

Oh, and Eric, I hadn't forgotten about the beads and velvet poster ... was just trying to not completely out you ... and since I wasn't even born in 1970 .... (ohhhh snap!) ...

PEI wink

L
lolawar Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Why is it that some days are so much worse than others?????

Although the good days out number the bad...there are just those days that you feel like you want to pick up the phone and call your H. Of course I won't...but why do I still feel like I want to at times. When does this go away!!!!!!!

I haven't heard from my H since the text message about feeling lousy...almost two weeks ago. No D papers...he hasn't come to pick up the rest of his stuff. Do the actual papers provide closure? Does knowing that I probably won't see him again make things better? I hate these low moments. All the GALing in the world does not eliminate them.

I am having a "new beginnings" dinner party at my house with a bunch of friends this weekend. My H and I always loved to host dinner parties. He was always sooo involved in the menu. I can't help but miss his input. Arghhhhh. I hope it is just that time of the month (sorry guys TMI)...I feel terrible.

T
T
Originally Posted By: Lola
Do the actual papers provide closure?

IMO no.

As I shared with you I had a LOT of hangover from my M the first time around.

So the closure comes from the healing process you do for YOU.

Moving forward not just moving on.

The memories are just that. Celebrate them.

I was in the town we got married in this weekend and was at the famers market where I bought my W flowers to bring to her room the day of our wedding.

A bittersweet memory for sure.

I don't know I think it's how we react is the key. Once you have the feeling (which you can't control) then try to control what happens after that.

Tell yourself it's a good memory because it was wasn't it?

You just miss it because most likely you won't do it again.

Or

Maybe I'm full of sh!t...

It still hurts. Right?

My goal is to some day be the person my dog thinks I am
L
lolawar Offline OP
OP Offline
L
you are right...it still hurts!!!!

Perhaps I will get to the point of celebrating...I am just not there yet.
But thank you Grit ; )

E
E
LolA

Quote:
Do the actual papers provide closure?

No i do not believe the papers themselves provide closure.

Quote:
Does knowing that I probably won't see him again make things better?

Do you know this for sure? I mean seriously, you can't...that is unless you have a crystal ball and if you do..hey can you let me know what is going to happen in my sitch. I am not trying to offend you girl..I'm not really. I just want you to not think in absolute terms. The only absolute term that you need to think of is..."What does Lola want - what is lola willing to accept".

Quote:
I hate these low moments.

I know...I know...I've had my share of these the past week. I have to tell you it is tough..Know what...in time they will become more of a memory...you will heal Lola if YOU WANT TO.

Don't rush to go thru the pain...don't. You need to feel it so that you can propel yourself to make the changes in YOU that you know you need to make. Don't rush...don't rush...feel it..

In time, as your healing comes...the pain will cease...Personally, I believe that you will always have some small hurt - it will remind you to do better to be better and to live your life..

God Bless,
Eric

"The difficulties of Life are intended to make us BETTER,not bitter".
"Fear is a prison, where you are the jailer. FREE YOURSELF!"
"Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B." - Jack3Beans
P
P
No Lola, Papers are just that . . papers. So is toilet tissue. Are there times I want to pick up the phone just to hear his voice? Sure, at least once every day. The thing is, the way he is now, his voice is so ugly and the things he says so ugly I know it would just make things worse.

My husband too loved to cook and plan menues for cook outs. He was always trying out new ideas and recipies. On the bright side, I've lost 23 pounds since he left. I survive more on a tablespoon of peanut butter and a glass of milk.

As lame as it sounds, time is the answer. For me, not seeing him or talking to him is far superior to my self esteem and detachment than seeing him ever is. Now, if I could just get the SOB out of my dreams!

Page 10 of 20 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 19 20

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard