Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 20 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 19 20
P
PEI Offline
P
Originally Posted By: lolawar
PEI
I do get once you are GALing you aren't paying attention so much to texts and phone calls. But when you have an ounce of hope...those texts and phone calls do have an impact...whether we want to admit it or not....no matter how much fun we are having.

GALing is a great thing...but time and space are even better.

lola ... even when you don't have an ounce of hope those texts and phone calls can have an impact ... if you haven't DETACHED. That should be your focus right now.

And from where I sit, time and space are necessary, but also a bit overwhelming if you're not GALing.

I used the insight from some of those books to improve my R with S5 and D6. Certainly has had an impact for me. But I agree, I had to stop at a point too ... it got to be too much and I had to turn my focus back around to me.

Peace
PEI

Holding onto anger to punish someone else, is like lighting yourself on fire to get smoke in their eyes ~ 25yearsmlc
M
MHL Offline
M

But when you have an ounce of hope...those texts and phone calls do have an impact

Recomendation: keep a journal with all the little stuff in it, he texted me at this time.
he emailed me
he smiled at me
he asked me to coffee
etc.

It is funny how it takes many of these small things to give you hope or build up your hope and it only takes one small negative to tear it all down.

Hey I am Mr. Positive Mental Attitude, but the only way I keep that up is that I nuture my HOPE daily. Where is the positive in the day, if I don't have one then I look back and see how far I have come in a month, 2 months, 6 months and it gives me hope.

Just last week, my W sent me an email that took me right out of that HOPE HIGH I was on. I broke out my journal and started working backwards in time writing down all the little insignificant positive things that have happened. I only got to go back about 2 or 3 weeks and I had filled the page.

Point is HOPE is what keeps me going so I have to feed my HOPE.

1 Corinthians 13:1-13 ....Love always Hopes.....

Formerly "missherlove"

Me49 XW49
M17 T19
S16 D20

Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.

~Jim Morrison
P
PEI Offline
P
Originally Posted By: missherlove

Point is HOPE is what keeps me going so I have to feed my HOPE.

1 Corinthians 13:1-13 ....Love always Hopes.....

...... without expectation.

Holding onto anger to punish someone else, is like lighting yourself on fire to get smoke in their eyes ~ 25yearsmlc
T
T
Originally Posted By: Lola
and I am not sassing you by saying this- but if you are living by your words...

I am only trying to live my life this way....

Trying

Trying

Trying

Every day ...it is all we can do.

It is the understanding of it that is the first step.

My goal is to some day be the person my dog thinks I am
L
lolawar Offline OP
OP Offline
L
thanks MHL
I think it is great that you keep a journal. It really does keep things in check. We tend to be stuck in the moment and forget what we have been thru....we cling on to the very last thing that we hear or see.

As for me...I don't think I want my M...but I still cannot seem to completely let go. I think I am definitely more detached than I have been....but I am still not at that point to say to myself 'oh it's you...oh ok..yeah..I'm busy- I'll get back to you later' or 'oh it's you..how are things going?'. I am kind of in a no mans land. I am embarressed to admit...I think I am looking for him to want me back more than I want to be back with him. I know this is wrong..but I am just being honest. It isn't to reject him like he rejected me...I think it is just that feeling that most of us have (even if we don't want to admit to it)...what is it called?

Well whatever it is...I know it is stupid.

L
lolawar Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Grit- Kudos for trying. Kudos to everyone that even attempts to be a better person. Some people don't even attempt it. It says alot about you as a person...even if you aren't always successful. At least you tried..right?

P
PEI Offline
P
[quote=lolawar]I think I am looking for him to want me back [/quote/
It's external validation.

You need to ask yourself why? Start there ...

L
lolawar Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Uck..It is external validation...and I have heard it over and over again...and I have to agree. I am just not sure why. Do people really live without external validation? Is external validation not important at all? Isn't it kind of a process of checks and balances? I know I am setting myself up here...but who doesn't look for external validation? Could I really live my life without it?

T
T
Originally Posted By: Lola
...I think I am looking for him to want me back more than I want to be back with him. I know this is wrong..but I am just being honest.

That's how we start.

I wrote about this on my thread probably about p. 20 or so I don't know.

We want to know what is wrong with us we want our spouse back so we are validated ...

Not left behind.

Then.

We find ourselves.

Then...

It doesn't matter any more.

We want our M because it is part of who we are and

Part of our understanding of love.

That is just what happened for me.

That is when you become free from this thing that has happened...

Oh yeah and I forgot Grace.

Love Grace. <<<<<that's for you PEI.

My goal is to some day be the person my dog thinks I am
P
PEI Offline
P
Could I really live my life without it?

Yep. But you need to take the journey first ...

Originally Posted By: Grit
We find ourselves.

Then...

It doesn't matter any more.

You can do this.

"Step by step I can’t see any other way of accomplishing anything." - Michael Jordan

PEI

Page 15 of 20 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 19 20

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard