Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 43 of 60 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 59 60
B
B
Got home tonight from visiting my family (uncle passed away today) and there was a cat in my drive. As I pulled in I saw just off in the shadows a tiny black kitten. He looked so cute! He ran away before I got out of the car. Made me think of you. No the kitties in your future won't replace Charlotte but they will give you another opportunity to love and be loved. smile

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
V
OP Offline
V
((((((BobbiJo)))))

I wish he hadn't run! Though it would be a long drive to come get him! smile

S
S
I wonder if an Iowa cat relocated to Arizona would have an accent that the other Arizona cats would notice. As I remember, Tucson is known for its "Wildcats".

Quack!

V
OP Offline
V
Well, Charlotte was an English kitty! She stayed inside, so the other cats didn't get to hear her accent!

L
L
Getting a new kitty, or two will help. I have lost so many pets through the years. And the only thing that gets me through is holding the new little one.

V
OP Offline
V
I am looking forward to a new kitten or two. The house needs a good cleaning first, I think they would have way too much fun right now. But S20 told me today that his girlfriend will be here in two week! So there has to be some cleaning going on!

I am doing better... a little bit every day. So that's good, too!

N
N
Aha! I found you, finally. Now I have to go back and read all your posts. You've been so great to me, I want to repay the kindness if I have anything worthwhile to contribute smile. Will be dropping by again later.

And I'm so sorry about Charlotte, too. I have had pets die in my arms and I've never gotten over it. They're the only ones who love you unconditionally and would rather be with you than anywhere else, no matter what.

(((Jeff)))

PS- My BFF's dog passed away a few months ago and she was debating whether to get another dog right away. I personally think if you want to, it's ok, and you'll also be saving a kitty- assuming it's from a shelter- that might not otherwise have a home. It's not like a people rebound-relationship- I don't think there has to be any guilt or any other similar emotion involved. Just 2 beings comforting and loving each other.

-NB

NB's sitch
V
OP Offline
V
(((((Nikita)))))
Well... if you are going to read all my posts, it will take you a while! But the first post in every thread has a link to the previous thread... at least that wast he plan!

I guess I owe an update... but I don't have time right now! Hopefully later today!

Hugs to all of you!

M
M
(((Jeff)))

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
V
OP Offline
V
(((((Michelle)))))
Good to see you here... for a quick stop, anyway! Hawaii very soon, yes?

Short update....
Doing a lot better. I miss Charlotte, but it's ok. I think there will be kittens, but I am not in a rush.

S20 and I have been wearing ourselves out on the golf course, before he leaves after next weekend. He is getting a lot better. I only just beat him yesterday, I am not sure I will many more times!

Went on a date Saturday night. It went pretty well. She was nervous, I think, laughing that nervous laugh. But she got better as the evening went on. She is small, 5'1", and slender. After we ate we went for a walk. I held her hand, and it felt so little! There was a kiss when I walked her to her car, and we are planning dinner for Wednesday. We've even texted a little today, just fun things. She is a third grade teacher, 46, with S17 and D13. She seems really nice, so we will see how it goes!

Time to get to work... hugs!

Page 43 of 60 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 59 60

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard