Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 21 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 20 21
D
D
just out of curiosity, when does spousal support end?
how do you know child support money isn't going to the 'mama needs a new bedroom set' fund?

i feel for ya, dan.

UST

R
R
Drop the rope.

"What is best for my kids is best for me"
Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
D
DanF Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By: DumpedforMIL
just out of curiosity, when does spousal support end?
how do you know child support money isn't going to the 'mama needs a new bedroom set' fund?

i feel for ya, dan.

UST

When spousal support ends depends on the judge. My attorney said that the "rule of thumb" is half the length of the marriage. In my case, that would be 7 years. F me.

CS could easily go for whatever she wants. The amounts are really substantially more thnan you really need to raise kids. Plus I will have then half of the time. When D called her tonight she was "getting her hair done" and "had her hands all full of wax".

Because she refuses to go back to work full-time to help offset the increased costs necessitated by her decision, I have to pay MORE!

This will all change either at our next hearing or the final settlement hearing. At that time, I am hoping that the judge will enforce a more reasonable settlement and base the payments on her working full-time. Under WI law, income is supposed to be imputed to the amount that a person is capable of earning. This would reduce my contribution substantially. She may get 6 months or a year of part-time, but you never know what the judge is going to order. She already passed up one full-time position that she could have gotten. I am hoping the judge sees that is unacceptable. She is capable of working full-time. She just doesn't want to. Even with her only working part-time, I am still overpaying a "normal" settlement amount by about $800 per month. Unfortunately, I agreed to it based on flawed advice from my attorney and now our court date has been delayed for another 3 weeks. That amount will have to change at some point soon.

My L likes the judge. He is a Dad himself and she said he tends to look out for the dad's a bit, so I've got that going for me.

Anyway, the longer this goes on, the more I HATE the b!tch. F-her. Stupid BEOTCH!

I looked-up your thread UST. You seemed pretty in control early-on. I haven't read much yet though. You write LONG posts!!!

Thanks for hanging with me U Sext Thang!!

D
D
Quote:
I looked-up your thread UST. You seemed pretty in control early-on. I haven't read much yet though. You write LONG posts!!!

i warned you that it's really long. smile happy reading.

will post later on.

D
DanF Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Well, I got some bad news tonight. My landlord wants to move back into this house. He originally said we would swap houses for the same rent, but now he wants double the rent for the other house.

He has another that I can afford, but it is in another state, which may be an issue if W wants to make a stink.

Kids have friends here. They won't know anyone at the new house. It will be hard. I am not happy.

My life sucks.

D
D
(((danf)))

i'm sorry to hear that. is there anywhere else that would be cheaper but in the same state? do you have to rent from the same landlord?

I
I
I'm sorry, Dan.

You've been down before. You will make something work. I don't know the specifics, but there's nothing else in the area or even close?

Time to tap into some of that reserve of strength that we think we don't have. You will handle this.

Here's a quick, one-armed-man-hug. (Dan

Me-43
W-36
TS-10
D-7
S-4
M-11
Rings off-8/16/2010

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1933641#Post1933641
P
P
Originally Posted By: idontunderstand
I'm sorry, Dan.

You've been down before. You will make something work. I don't know the specifics, but there's nothing else in the area or even close?

Time to tap into some of that reserve of strength that we think we don't have. You will handle this.

crazy Where is your other arm? crazy

Enjoy the Silence
I
I
Originally Posted By: pookie69
I'm sorry, Dan.

Holding a beer and a cigar. cool

Me-43
W-36
TS-10
D-7
S-4
M-11
Rings off-8/16/2010

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1933641#Post1933641
D
DanF Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By: pookie69
I'm sorry, Dan.

Holding a beer and a cigar. cool

Nice! That is what I had last night!!!

Page 6 of 21 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 20 21

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard