Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15
S
S
Still praying, Sun. I hope everything is okay. I know you are all over the place and that is to be expected. Don't forget to eat something throughout the day. Glad to hear "no contact" worked so well for you.

Me: 29
Got a ticket to the D concert
F
F
Finneroo and I prayed for Ryam tonight and you know, God always answers the prayers of our special babes

S
OP Offline
S
Thank you so much! I dreamed of Roo the night before last and of you. I sent her some little duckies in the dream. Weird???

I hope she is doing well too. Ryan has had seizures for 26 years and rarely gets into trouble with them.

My ex continues to go to the hospital after work. I left shortly before him yesterday. I had planned to leave at 2 but needed to wait for the dr. I was so very exhausted.

Ex and I have been exchanging phone calls and updates. Thankfully he has not involved his wife at all. I hope he has the sense to continue this way as this is one thing I just cannot take. She did not add to my son's life - she definitely took things away.

Barb

K
K
How is Ryan this morning Barb?
I got a little worried when I didnt read anything on FB
Hope he continues to improve, and you get some rest too mom!
(((( Barb and Ryguy)))
XX

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

S
OP Offline
S
Hi Karen,

Ryan was not good this morning again. I just didn't have the heart to post it. I had talked to the ICU when I got up and he was still convulsing. Same when I arrived. Finally they upped one of the sedatives and gratefully this afternoon he settled down for a couple of hours. I decided to leave as I was exhausted and had spoke to both drs involved. They remain hopeful but frustrated. It is so weird for me as one by one, ICU staff introduce themselves and tell me they were working when Ryan at age 4 came into the ICU. They all tell me it was the worst day our ICU ever saw (the drs were fighting about Ry) and that they rarely ever got a child in the ICU. It was really weird for me. Even today's nurse was his nurse then. And she sits at his bedside all morning.

Let's pray that the seizures STOP. he is breathing on his own yet still hooked up to a ventilatore for safety. With seizure control he can get out of ICU>

Barb

F
F
Roo LOVES duckies...she has a million of those little rubber ones that are dressed up as other things!!!

we are praying Barb
still no cause for them???

S
OP Offline
S
No, they can't find a cause for them. Just hope they can stop them. They continue but there are less at present.

Funny about the duckies - that's for sure.

Barb

Barb,my prayers are with you and your son. Glad your x knew what was important and right at this time. Wonder

job Offline
Barb,
My thoughts and prayers are with Ryan and your family. I hope that they can find out what is causing Ryan's problems. I'm glad to see that your XH is visiting with Ryan and he's acting civil.

Please take care of yourself as well.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks to each of you for prayers and support. Chuck has called me every day when he leaves the hospital to give me his update. I don't tell him that I had just talked to the staff - I think it is better to give him his just dues and communicate.

Yesterday was SO difficult. I watched him seizure every 5 min for the first hour. It was so very hard on me. Finally they increased his sedation and it stopped (but it was just masked, really).

I will have to cancel his trip to Disney. We were to leave in 10 days. Haven't had the heart to do it yet although I was told to on the first day.

Today I will not be alone at the hospital. Josh is coming, then my sister, best friend and one of Ryan's longtime workers from when he was little. Chuck will probably also be there. I've been alone most of the past couple of days. I think this support will be better.

Josh came down and made dinner last night and tried to get my mind off of things. I'm struggling...

Barb

Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard