Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15
S
OP Offline
S
Hmmmm.... where oh where did my post go???? I replied to this...

I have never heard of the diet before but I will definitely asking about it. THanks for the info.

Just talked to the hospital. Although he is still intubated he is breathing completely on his own. As of 3 PM - all sedatives were stopped (this is good). They will be tweaking the anticonvulsants but he has had no convulsions since Sat morning.

First positives we have seen in almost a week. I'm starting to breathe again. I was absolutely terrified this time.

Thanks to all of you for your continued support and prayers. It kept me going.

Barb

R
R
This is an article that I just shared with Fig...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/21/magazi...eral&src=me

B
B
Sounds like good news Barb. So glad that he is on an upswing.

"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." Jon Kabat-Zinn

Suzy
M: 6/22/85; D: 1/31/08
K
K
Barb
This IS good news! its a start, a good start! Strong boy! Strong mom! smile

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks everyone. I read the interesting article. I'm a bit scared of today. Just talked to the hospital and he did have a seizure last night. But then - he does have them. I just want them stopped but that may never be. As long as he isn't having them non-stop.

Let's hope today is good too.

Barb

That's wonderful news that things are improving. Continued prayers coming yours and Ryan's way. Stay strong.

S
OP Offline
S
I'm trying to keep my hope strong but this is very very hard when you get setbacks. Hoping today is good. Dreading going to the hospital.

Barb

Barb,

As long as he is alive...there IS hope. Only visualize him healthy. See him the way you want him to be...BELIEVE. Prayer is very powerful and no prayer is more powerful than a mother's prayers. And you've got many mom's praying for Ryan.

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks Summer,

Today was pretty good. He was very sleepy. Had no seizures. I was there for a long long time so I could see the doctors. Late afternoon he started to have some apnea so he went back on the ventilator. None of the staff thought it meant too much - just that he was getting tired.

The dr feels good about his progress. The plan is to continue to monitor his breathing and seizures and hope to move him out of ICU soon.

Waited till 6 for the neurologist but gave up. Chuck had arrived by 5:15 and was nice to me. I can't believe that he has gone every day without fail. He is starting to ask about my family members whom he has not seen in nearly 10 years. It is strange but I am filling him in and he has asked me to say hello to some of them.

You know, if it weren't for OW, I could have him around at events. It's her that no one would ever tolerate.

This is a strange way for peace to be achieved but I'm not unhappy that we are finally talking again and I don't view him as a Gila Monster.

Barb

I'm glad today was pretty good and that they're hopeful to move Ryan out of ICU. Fingers crossed!

As for Chuck, I'd bet he's wanted this for a long long time but didn't know how to achieve it. And yes, how sad that it took such an emergency to bring it about. But I am very happy it has finally happened.

As for the Maggot...she's always been the problem in every way possible. I am very impressed that clearly Chuck has put his foot down about her interfering in his fatherhood duties with Ryan. That could bode very very well for the future. Maybe he's grown stronger and/or her spell over him is dissipating...God willing.

Continued prayers coming!

Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard