Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15
S
OP Offline
S
Ryan was taken off the ventilator this morning. holding his own. This is a scary time for me but he is being monitored. I am off to Thanksgiving dinner in Buffalo with my friends. Almost afraid to go but Chuck said he will sit with Ryan and I know he is safe in ICU. Still, tough hours for me. Please keep praying for his strength to breathe on his own.

Thanks.

Barb

Hi Barb, been checking on your posts, so pleased things are looking up, early days I know but you are all in my thoughts and prayers.
Hope you managed to relax and enjoy your Thanksgiving dinner.
Take care.

S
OP Offline
S
Prayers much appreciated. Ryan is breathing well on his own and getting adequate oxygen. Also able to clear his own throat which is a very good thing.

Thanksgiving dinner was wonderful and so nice to be away from the hospital setting. Just when I felt a bit of panic setting in I received a text from Chuck telling me that Ryan was doing well, breathing fine and that he had settled into a peaceful sleep.

I think I will have a more peaceful sleep tonight too.

Barb

K
kml Offline
K
I'm thankful everything is working out okay for you. ((((hugs))))

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks Ellie! Whew! This was a close one and we're not out of the woods yet but I have faith that things are going to keep getting better.

Barb

HALLELUJAH! Such wonderful news! And that was really thoughtful of Chuck to send you the text to keep you updated. You were clearly in his thoughts. Something has changed...clicked for him. This is such a blessing. Continued prayers for Ryan.

Such a nice way to end my day knowing Ryan is doing so much better!

S
OP Offline
S
Yes Summer,

I guess every situation needs a hero. Chuck used to like playing the part for us then maggot decided she needed him to be her "knight in shining armor" while I was very much in control of everything in our lives and didn't "need" him so much.

Who knows what goes on with them but suffice to say that when I needed him to be there for Ryan - he came through and that has given me a bit of trust in him again. Maybe we can be a bit more civil after this. If he had brought her around - WHAM! I would have shut down so fast and done everything to block him. But I think he finally knows that.

Today may bring further changes. I'm hoping they will give Ryan one more day in ICU but when that bed is needed you can be sure he will be moved to the floor and will have no monitors. Scary!

I'm hoping to head north to the new house today after spending time at the hospital. I have lined up family and friends to visit with him all w/e. I would like to stay till Sunday then head to hospital - giving me one day off from the place - but we'll see how today goes and what my gut tells me to do.

Onward!

Barb

Barb, I hope this is ok to post. Your son is the priority. But this is a major change in your ex and I have been thinking all day about MLC and all that. His not bringing the M woman to any of this. You have so moved on from him and he knows that. It is so helpful for you to still be here sharing your life. Wonder

B
B
I have been following your situation for quite awhile although I don't post much...

Just thinking of you and your son. I hope he still gets great care when they move him out of ICU. And despite the bad stuff I am glad your ex has been stepping up for you and your boy...

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
S
OP Offline
S
Wonder: Feel free to post anything. Nothing wrong at all with what you said. Being a lifelong caregiver I do know one thing - you need to take a break every little while in order to do your best. I did come north - to much snow, but so pretty. Been in touch with the hospital. He is vomitting which is good in a way - clears the junk out of his tummy but the risk of aspiration is there again. Otherwise doing fine. My sister and friends are going today and so is Chuck. It is strange that he is ok with seeing the people he long avoided. He even asked me if his sister could visit. Of course. She is Ryan's aunt!

Bobbi Jo - I appreciate your prayers for Ryan. I know it is making a difference. Ryan is truly loved. To the moon and back I always tell him.

Josh is with me and I am taking comfort in the fact he is still in ICU. I'm hoping he stays there till Monday.

Barb

Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard